Airbnb allows hosts to choose among three standardized cancellation policies (Flexible, Moderate, and Strict) that we will enforce to protect both guest and host alike. The Super Strict cancellation policies apply to special circumstances and are by invitation only. The Long Term cancellation policy applies to all reservations of 28 nights or more. Each listing and reservation on our site will clearly state the cancellation policy. Guests may cancel and review any penalties by viewing their travel plans and then clicking 'Cancel' on the appropriate reservation.
Flexible: Full refund 1 day prior to arrival, except fees
- Cleaning fees are always refunded if the guest did not check in.
- The Airbnb service fee is non-refundable.
- If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to Airbnb within 24 hours of check-in.
- Airbnb will mediate when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes.
- A reservation is officially canceled when the guest clicks the cancellation button on the cancellation confirmation page, which they can find in Dashboard > Your Trips > Change or Cancel.
- Cancellation policies may be superseded by the Guest Refund Policy, safety cancellations, or extenuating circumstances. Please review these exceptions.
- Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.
For a full refund, cancellation must be made a full 24 hours prior to listing’s local check in time (or 3:00 PM if not specified) on the day of check in. For example, if check-in is on Friday, cancel by Thursday of that week before check in time.
If the guest cancels less than 24 hours before check-in, the first night is non-refundable.
If the guest arrives and decides to leave early, the nights not spent 24 hours after the official cancellation are 100% refunded.