Using search filters
Sometimes you just want to browse. Other times, you know exactly what you want. Search filters are a great way to narrow down your choices when you’re finding a place to stay.
If you’re flexible, you can select date ranges and types of places to help target your search.
Start with the basics
For the most accurate results, always begin your search by choosing your:
- Check-in and checkout dates
- Total number of guests and pets
At the top of the search results page, you’ll find popular filters, such as:
- Type of place: From shared rooms to entire places, learn more about the types of places to stay.
- Unique listings: Choose from options like lighthouses, cabins, or boats.
- Price: Use the sliding scale to narrow down your search within your price range.
- Cancellation flexibility: Think your plans may change? Find stays whose cancellation policies offer flexibility.
- Instant Book: Find places you can book without waiting for Host approval.
- Rooms and beds: Bedrooms, bathrooms, beds—choose the number that’s right for your group.
- Property type: It's your stay, so what's your vibe? Search for villas, hostels, apartments, and more.
- Unique stays: Go ahead, live the dream! Search for treehouses, yurts, or even castles.
- Amenities: Some people need a working kitchen, others want a TV, and the rest want free parking. Choose what you need to be comfortable.
- Facilities: Pool? Gym? You’ve got options.
- Accessibility: Need step-free entry or grab bars in the shower? Select features for comfort and safety.
- Host language: Choose Hosts who speak a language you know.
- House rules: Do you want somewhere that allows pets? Are you planning on having any local visitors during your stay? Search for places with rules that suit you.
Note: It’s not currently possible to search by keyword.
- GuestSearching for staysUse filters, check out maps, and read the descriptions of places to narrow your options to find a good fit for your trip.
- GuestFlexible ways to searchGuests can discover more flexible ways to travel using Categories—browsing millions of homes they never knew existed.
- GuestInstant BookInstant Book listings allow guests that meet a Host’s requirements to book immediately, instead of needing to send a request for approval.