If a Host asks for more money
Don’t worry: All pricing information is included when you book—but there are a few situations where you may owe more after paying:
- You change your reservation (ex: You add another guest)
- Your Host files an AirCover for Hosts request for damage that occurred during your Airbnb stay
- Your Host requires taxes be paid at check-in—this should be clearly stated in the listing prior to booking
- You booked a place, usually a hotel, that charges additional fees collected at check-in or within 48 hours of checkout—these must also be stated in the listing and your price breakdown prior to booking
When to dispute
If a Host tries to charge you for something that wasn’t stated in the listing, the price breakdown, or their message thread, you can dispute it in the Resolution Center.
How to pay
If you agree with the charge, always pay the Host through the Resolution Center, never directly. Be sure to keep all payment transactions on Airbnb—otherwise, we can’t help with issues related to off-site or cash payments.
- GuestCollecting fees outside AirbnbGenerally, hosts may not collect any additional fees or charges outside the Airbnb platform unless expressly authorized by Airbnb.
- HostCollecting additional feesYou can add additional fees for your listings if you’re signed up to use professional hosting tools.
- GuestPaying outside AirbnbIf an Airbnb Host on the Airbnb site asks you to pay off-site or through another company, report it to us.