What tax forms should I expect to receive from Airbnb?

Hosts who have filled out a W-9 form will receive form 1099-K showing their earnings for the year, and hosts with US sourced earnings who have filled out a W-8 form will be provided form 1042-S. If you did not receive a tax form, please make sure to review how taxes work for hosts to see if you should expect a form. If you think you’ve submitted the wrong information, you can also make changes to taxpayer information you’ve already submitted.
1099 Forms
  • Delivery. Any 1099 forms we issue to you will be available in your Payout Preferences. You’ll receive an email notification when your form is ready, typically in late January of each year. We also mail a copy to the address you provided along with your taxpayer information, unless you opted for electronic delivery only.
  • Receiving multiple 1099s. You may receive both a 1099-K and a 1099-MISC form if you are both a host and an Airbnb service provider. You may also receive more than one 1099-K form if your taxpayer information is listed on multiple Airbnb accounts.
  • 1099-K. In previous years, we issued 1099-MISC forms to hosts. Starting with the 2013 tax year, we're sending 1099-K forms instead. This shouldn't change the way you file your taxes. As always, we encourage you to consult a tax professional for assistance reporting your income. 
1042-S Forms
  • Delivery. The IRS requires that we mail 1042-S forms by March 15th of each year. 1042-S forms will not be made available electronically. You’ll receive a 1042-S form in the mail at the address you entered when you submitted your tax information.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Got it, thanks! We'll use your feedback to improve our help articles.

FAQ didn't answer your question?

Join a Group and get help from fellow hosts in your neighborhood and around the world.

Browse Groups »