How emails are anonymized for sharing
For everyone’s security, you should always communicate through Airbnb. We keep your info secure, and we never share your email, even with your Host or guest after you have a confirmed reservation. If anyone sends you a message on Airbnb, you’ll get an email notification at the address you used to sign up.
Limited email alias feature
If you’re a Host using software that isn’t integrated with Airbnb messaging, or you need to send attachments that messaging doesn’t support, you can create an anonymized email using your Professional hosting tools.
These addresses let you send emails like you normally would, but with an extra layer of security. Any email sent to a temporary Airbnb address is forwarded to the associated personal email address. This lets you use your email provider to send or reply to messages, attach files (up to 15 MB), and include links.
An anonymized email address might look like:
- Personal email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Temporary Airbnb address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- HostHow can I contact guests via email for a reservation?There are a number of ways for Hosts to communicate easily with guests.
- GuestMissing email notificationsYou might miss an email notification if your account has an incorrect email address or outdated notification settings.
- HostSigning up to host emergency stays through Airbnb.orgYou can sign up to offer emergency stays to people in times of crisis by visiting Airbnb.org and clicking Offer Your Space.