What is Verified ID?
We created the Verified ID process to build trust in our community and give you more information when you're deciding who to host or stay with on Airbnb.
How It Works
Verified ID works by connecting your Airbnb profile with other sources of information about you. During the Verified ID process, we may ask you to:
- Take a photo or upload an image of your government-issued ID, such as your driver's license or passport. Depending on where you live, you may have the option of answering a few questions about yourself instead.
- Connect another online profile to your Airbnb account, such as a Facebook, Google, or LinkedIn account.
- Upload an Airbnb profile photo and provide a phone number and email address.
You might be required to complete Verified ID under certain circumstances. For example, hosts can require guests to complete Verified ID before they make a reservation request.
Start the Process
To start Verified ID from your computer, first make sure you have the latest version of your Internet browser installed. Then, visit airbnb.com/verify and click the Verify Me button. We'll guide you through each step.
To start the Verified ID process from Airbnb's Android or iOS app:
- Tap , then tap your profile photo to view your profile
- Scroll to the Verifications section and tap Verify My ID
The Verified ID Badge
When you've completed Verified ID, you'll earn a badge on your profile. Many hosts and guests look for this badge when deciding whether to host or stay with someone:
Hosts and guests alike tell us they find Verified ID useful when deciding who to interact with on Airbnb, but it's not an endorsement or guarantee of someone's identity.