How to book an emergency stay through Airbnb.org
In order to book an emergency stay through Airbnb.org, you must meet eligibility requirements and be approved. In some instances, it is possible to request a stay as an individual. In other instances, you must be referred or assisted by a nonprofit partner or other organization in order to utilize stays.
Applying for a stay
In some instances following a crisis event, Airbnb.org activates a program which allows people who have been impacted to request emergency housing directly. In these instances, you’ll find an article in Airbnb’s Press Room with information about the event and a link where you can submit a request.
You’ll need to log into or create an Airbnb account, confirm your eligibility address, answer a few questions, and agree to certain terms.
After you submit your request, Airbnb.org may get in touch to check on additional details. Airbnb.org aims to review all submissions within 24 hours. If your information can’t be verified or it doesn’t meet Airbnb.org’s eligibility criteria, you’ll receive an email to let you know.
In other instances, people must be referred or assisted by an Airbnb.org nonprofit partner or other organization in order to book or utilize a stay. In these instances, it is not possible for individuals to apply for emergency housing directly.
Booking a stay
If you’re approved, you'll receive an email inviting you to browse available Airbnb.org stays. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Read the email invitation carefully. It’ll outline how to book a stay and the dates for which you can book.
- Make sure the place is a good fit. Check the listing details—number of bedrooms, amenities, and photos.
- Make sure your stay meets the program requirements. If it doesn’t, it'll be canceled according to the Host's cancellation policy.
- Need more info? If you have any questions, click or tap Contact host on the listing page.
Only book an Airbnb.org stay once you receive an invitation in order to ensure that service fees are waived and any discounts are applied.
- GuestEligibility for emergency stays through Airbnb.orgThe program supports evacuees, relief workers, medical patients and their caregivers, refugees, and asylum seekers.
- HostEmergency stay requests through Airbnb.orgAirbnb.org helps nonprofit organizations offer a temporary place to stay to people in need.
- GuestAbout Airbnb.orgAirbnb.org is an independent, publicly-supported nonprofit organization that partners with nonprofits to provide people with emergency housi…