Who is eligible for emergency stays through Airbnb.org
Airbnb.org works with nonprofit organizations and resettlement agencies specializing in crisis response and refugee resettlement to facilitate on-the-ground support, including assessing the needs and eligibility of potential guests. Airbnb.org does not currently provide a direct intake process for individuals in need of emergency assistance.
Eligible individuals may include: :
- People affected by major disasters and relief workers responding to those disasters in an official capacity.
- Refugees, asylum seekers, and other newcomers.
After eligibility is established through a partner nonprofit organization, referral organization, or its service providers, guests may also be required to set up an Airbnb account, which may include identity verification checks.
- GuestFrom emergency plans to kitchen safety tips, our partners offer our community valuable information and resources.
- GuestIf you feel as if you may be in danger or your personal safety is threatened, contact the local authorities immediately.
- GuestAirbnb.org is an independent, publicly-supported nonprofit organization that partners with nonprofits to provide people with emergency housi…