Eligibility for emergency stays through Airbnb.org
Airbnb.org currently supports:
- People affected by disaster and relief workers responding in an official capacity. To be eligible, guests need to provide proof of a permanent or local travel address in the impacted area.
- Refugees and asylum seekers. To be eligible, guests must be recognized refugees and/or are in the process of seeking asylum, a Special Immigrant Visa (SIV), or other immigration status designations with a similar humanitarian purpose.
Airbnb.org often works with nonprofit organizations and resettlement agencies specializing in crisis response and refugee resettlement to facilitate on-the-ground support, including assessing the needs and eligibility of potential guests.
Airbnb.org guests booking temporary accommodations on their own are required to set up an Airbnb account, which may include identity verification checks.
A guest’s eligibility may be reviewed by Airbnb.org, its nonprofit partners, referral organizations, or its service providers before they can utilize stays.
If you’re eligible and need emergency housing, find out how to book an emergency stay through Airbnb.org.
- GuestHow to book an emergency stay through Airbnb.orgYou must meet eligibility requirements and be approved in order to book an Airbnb.org stay as a guest.
- HostEmergency stay requests through Airbnb.orgAirbnb.org helps nonprofit organizations offer a temporary place to stay to people in need.
- GuestAbout Airbnb.orgAirbnb.org is an independent, publicly-supported nonprofit organization that partners with nonprofits to provide people with emergency housi…