When you’ll get your refund
Good news—if you’re eligible for a refund, you’ll get it automatically within 10 days. Maybe even sooner.
We'll send your refund as soon as you cancel to the payment method you used when you booked the reservation, but your bank or credit card issuer may take longer to get it to you. It all depends on how you paid and where you live:
- Airbnb for Work credit
- Airbnb gift credit
- Hongbao credit
1 business day
- WeChat Pay
Up to 5 business days
- Sofort Überweisung
Up to 15 business days
- Major credit cards, including prepaid credit and debit cards
- Other payment methods
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
Up to 2 credit card statements
- Major credit cards in Brazil only
Note: If your original payment method’s account was closed, the refund sent by Airbnb won’t be processed. If this happens, we’ll contact you and you’ll have the option to update your payment method.
- HostHost Cancellation PolicyBecause cancellations can disrupt guests' plans and impact confidence in the Airbnb community, there are penalties applied for Host cancella…
- GuestHow the Resolution Center helps youThe Resolution Center lets you request or send money for things related to your Airbnb trip. Guests and Hosts can ask Airbnb for help in rea…
- HostCancellation policies for your listingThe right cancellation policy depends on you and your listing. You can choose a flexible, moderate, firm, or strict cancellation policy.