Refunds for cancellations
Pay over time with Klarna
For residents of the USA and Canada we are introducing two new ‘pay over time’ payment plans from Klarna. Klarna accepts most major debit and credit cards–like Visa, Discover, Maestro and Mastercard. Prepaid cards are not accepted.
If you have a Klarna payment plan, refunds are issued from Airbnb to Klarna, and from Klarna to you. For details of refunds issued by Klarna to you, you’ll need to check your Klarna account.
Learn more about Changing a reservation paid for with Klarna.
Please note that your refund is subject to the Host’s cancellation policy. Additionally, your refund amount may also be affected by:
- Cleaning fees: Always refunded if you cancel before check-in.
- Airbnb service fees: Service fees are refunded if you cancel during the free cancellation period for your reservation.
On-site property fees: If a hotel or other professional Host collects property fees on-site, any refund of those fees is at the discretion of the Host.
- GuestRefund requests of any amount should be handled through our Resolution Center.
- GuestThe amount of your refund depends on your reservation’s cancellation policy and when you cancel.
- GuestYou can go to your trips to cancel or make changes to your reservation.