All the ways to host on Airbnb
Maybe you have a special place to stay, or a great idea for an unforgettable experience. Hosting connects you to the world, and we’re here to help—so you can have fun with it.
How to sign up
Let’s get started! It’s free to sign up and list both stays and experiences. Before you begin, get to know our hosting quality standards.
Host a place to stay
How you host is up to you. You can list an entire home, or a room in a B&B—or perhaps another unique space. You might want to greet your guests on site, or offer self check-in. In order to set yourself up for success, check out Airbnb’s 4 basic requirements to host stays.
There are different ways to host:
- Co-host a place to stay with a friend or partner
- Work together with professional Hosts to manage a group of listings
- You can even offer your space for free to people who need temporary housing, like a COVID-19 first responder or a family fleeing conflict in their home country.
Host an experience
Airbnb Experiences bring people together— whether it’s classes, tours, concerts, or other activities.
Airbnb looks for Hosts who can provide expertise, insider access, and connection. It might be sharing your local cuisine over Zoom, or taking guests to your local beach for a surf lesson.
If you are ready to share some local expertise, just make sure:
- Your experience follows these quality standards
- You’ve learned about local laws, including restrictions related to quarantine and/or social distancing
- You’ve read all about Airbnb Experiences and Adventures
And if you need more help—here’s a great intro to hosting experiences.
Host an online experience
Got a great idea for an astrology reading, sommelier-led wine tasting, or drag bingo? Broadcast it right from your living room! We’re here to help you get started hosting over Zoom. And don’t forget to follow these additional requirements.
Regulations for hosting
Stays and experiences are offered all around the world, though we’re required to comply with international regulations that restrict the use of our site by residents of certain countries or regions. Because of this, our services are not available in some places, such as Crimea, Iran, Syria, and North Korea. Find out more about legal and regulatory issues for hosting places to stay, and responsible hosting for experiences on Airbnb.
- HostWhat legal and regulatory issues should I consider before hosting on Airbnb?When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it's important for you to understand how the laws work in your city.
- HostPreparing to hostFrom keeping your calendar updated to giving guests soap and snacks, here are some tips to help get your place to stay ready.
- GuestHost requirementsIn addition to providing welcoming accommodations, Hosts should be responsive and maintain a high overall rating.