Are there any restrictions about what can be listed as a place to stay?
Airbnb welcomes many different kinds of listings on our site as long as they meet the following criteria:
- The space is only used for lodging
- The space, if a mobile home, sailboat, yacht, or other vessel, will be semi-permanently attached to a set location and will be parked in a privately-owned space during the reservation
- The space is accurately represented, located where the host says it is, and is bookable by the host
Listings that don’t meet these criteria include:
- Motor vehicles or watercraft intended for mobile use
- Any listing whose primary purpose isn’t serving as a lodging
If we discover a listing that doesn’t meet our guidelines, we may exercise our discretion to limit, suspend, deactivate, or cancel the host's account. Refer to our Terms of Service for more information and other requirements for listing your space on Airbnb.
- HostDoes my space qualify to host Frontline stays for COVID-19 responders?To host COVID-19 responders, your space needs to be an entire place with no shared essential amenities, such as a bathroom or a kitchen.
- HostWhat legal and regulatory issues should I consider before hosting on Airbnb?When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it's important for you to understand how the laws work in your city.
- Experience HostHosting Experiences in parks and recreational areas of TorontoHosting Airbnb Experiences is fun, but there are some obligations and rules that apply to different activities. We’ve gathered some resource…