Are there any restrictions about what can be listed as a place to stay?
Airbnb welcomes many different kinds of listings on our site as long as they meet the following criteria:
- The space is only used for lodging
- The space, if a mobile home, sailboat, yacht, or other vessel, will be semi-permanently attached to a set location and will be parked in a privately-owned space during the reservation
- The space is accurately represented, located where the host says it is, and is bookable by the host
Listings that don’t meet these criteria include:
- Motor vehicles or watercraft intended for mobile use
- Any listing whose primary purpose isn’t serving as a lodging
If we discover a listing that doesn’t meet our guidelines, we may exercise our discretion to limit, suspend, deactivate, or cancel the host's account. Refer to our Terms of Service for more information and other requirements for listing your space on Airbnb.
- HostWhat legal and regulatory issues should I consider before hosting on Airbnb?When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it's important for you to understand how the laws work in your city.
- HostWhat's the registration process for landlords in Xi'an?Find out more about the registration process for Chinese hosts in Xi'an who are currently working on the Airbnb platform.
- HostHow should I talk to my building manager about hosting on Airbnb?Let your landlord know how Airbnb is a community built on trust, with trust and safety resources. We have some tips to help you both get on …