What to do if the place you're staying in isn’t clean at check in
Always message your Host to discuss a solution first. It’s likely that they’ll be able to help you fix the issue. If your Host can’t help or you’d like to request a refund, we’re here to support you.
Send a refund request
Here’s how to prepare:
- Gather evidence: If possible, take photos or video to document issues like a missing or broken amenity.
- Submit your request: You’ll describe the issue, provide photos or video if you can. You can ask the Host to fix the issue, request a refund of the cleaning fee, or, for severe issues, you could request to cancel your reservation for a full refund of remaining nights.
- Wait for a response: If your Host declines or doesn’t respond, you can ask Airbnb to step in to help. Airbnb will refer to the Rebooking and Refund Policy to determine what help we can provide.
Though we always want Hosts and guests to work things out directly if they can, we know it’s not always possible. If an issue comes up that you’re not able to resolve with your host (or your Host declines or doesn’t respond to your refund request), let us know and someone from our team will step in to help.
If we find the issue is protected by AirCover, we’ll get you a full or partial refund, or, depending on the circumstances, find you a similar or better place to stay.
Remember that you have 72 hours to report any issue to us from the time of discovery.
For issues that may pose an immediate health risk, such as bed bugs, mold or other allergens, please contact local emergency services if needed. If you need help with your reservation, you can send a request to Airbnb, and we’ll determine the appropriate resolution under our Rebooking and Refund Policy.
- GuestIf something goes wrong during your stayIf anything unexpected comes up during your stay, message your Host to discuss a solution first. It’s likely that they’ll be able to help yo…
- GuestGetting protected through AirCoverAirCover is top-to-bottom protection for Airbnb guests.
- GuestWhat is and isn’t protected by AirCoverAirCover is a comprehensive protection program included for free with every booking, and protects you from many issues that could come up du…