How do I manage my notification settings?
You can manage the ways you get notifications from Airbnb in your notification settings.
Types of notifications
These are the types of notifications you can get from Airbnb:
- Messages: Communication from hosts or guests
- Reminders and suggestions: Reservation reminders, helpful tips to improve your trip, and other messages related to your activities on Airbnb
- Promotions and tips: Coupons, promotions, surveys, product updates, and inspiration from Airbnb and its partners
- Policy and community: Updates on home sharing laws and advocacy efforts in your community
- Account support: Messages about your account, your trips, legal updates, security and privacy info, and customer support requests
How you get notifications
These are the ways you can get notifications from Airbnb:
- Email: Sent to the email address in your Airbnb account
- Push: Sent to the mobile device or tablet that has the Airbnb app
- Text (SMS): Sent to the phone number in your Airbnb account
- Phone: Calls to the phone number in your Airbnb account
When you sign up with Airbnb, you can choose to receive promotional and policy notifications, and add a phone number to get certain phone and text notifications.
We’ll send most of the other types of notifications to you automatically. To review which notifications you’re getting and make changes, go to your notification settings.
Turn off notifications
You can turn off most notifications in your notification settings. For text, push, phone and some email notifications, you can also take the following actions to turn them off:
- Text (SMS): Reply STOP. To start receiving them again, reply START.
- Emails: Click Unsubscribe in promotions and tips or policy and community email.
- Push: In your mobile or tablet settings, turn off push notifications for the Airbnb app.
- Phone: Ask the caller to remove you from receiving future calls for promotions and tips or policy and community.
To help ensure we can contact you with important information, you can’t turn off email notifications related to reservations, account activity, legal updates, security and privacy notices, and customer services requests. In some circumstances, such as if we can’t reach you by email, we may need to contact you by phone or other means.