Airbnb Resident Hosting program
The Airbnb Resident Hosting program is a way for landlords, property managers, and homeowners’ associations to offer Airbnb as an amenity and enable people in their communities to host on Airbnb. Through this program, Airbnb collaborates with hosts and building operators to:
- Create specific hosting rules that work for everyone
- Provide transparency around Airbnb hosting activity in the community
- Help landlords, residents, and HOAs share portions of the reservation income
The Resident Hosting program gives building owners access to a customized dashboard that shows when residents participating in the program are hosting, how many guests are staying with them, and how much money is being earned.
Building owners can define home sharing terms for participating residents—like requiring guests to submit government ID to Airbnb—in their building rules and property settings. They can then use the dashboard to monitor the hosting activity of participating hosts. Learn more about the Resident Hosting program.
To find out if your community is part of the program, check with your property management. If you’d like your building to join the program, fill out this form.
- Airbnb basicsAdditional Terms of Service for the Airbnb Resident Hosting ProgramPlease review our Additional Terms of Service for the Airbnb Resident Hosting Program.
- HostDoes my space qualify to host Frontline stays for COVID-19 responders?To host COVID-19 responders, your space needs to be an entire place with no shared essential amenities, such as a bathroom or a kitchen.
- HostWhat legal and regulatory issues should I consider before hosting on Airbnb?When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it's important for you to understand how the laws work in your city.