- Getting Started
- Account & Profile
- Deciding to Host
- Your Listings
- Your Reservations
- Getting Paid
- Hosting Standards
- Finding a Place
- Booking a Place
- Your Trip
- Trust & Safety
- Contact Airbnb
How do I split income between multiple people for tax purposes?
For income to be divided between multiple people, you'll need to make sure that each person is paid directly through Airbnb with a separate payout method. Then, you can assign a taxpayer to each payout method in your account. From your Payout Preferences:
- Click your name at the top of airbnb.com and select Account
- Click Payment Preferences in the left sidebar
- Add a payout method for each individual or entity who receives earnings from your account.
- Use payout routing rules to direct payouts by listing, or split payouts between two payout methods.
- Add tax information for each individual or entity.
- Assign each payout method to the appropriate taxpayer by clicking Options to the right of the payout method and selecting Assign Taxpayer. A drop-down menu will appear for you to select the correct taxpayer.
Keep in mind that only one taxpayer can be assigned to each payout method. New payout methods and those that have not been assigned to a specific taxpayer are assigned to the default taxpayer. You can set the default taxpayer from the Options menu next to the taxpayer at the bottom of your payout preferences.