About this listing
This recently constructed (2012) spacious 3 bedroom/4 bathroom home is located on 2 private acres adjacent to Arenal Volcano State Park. Each bedroom has its own terrace overlooking the old Ceiba Tree and views of Arenal Volcano and Lake. The open layout allows cool mountain breezes to flow through the home. Enjoy leisure activity in our bar/game room and cool off in our swimming pool or relax in the hot tub with direct views of the active face of the volcano. Ideal for groups/families (sleeps 6-10 people). Enjoy meals cooked by our personal chef (available on request) or prepare your own culinary creation in our fully equipped gourmet kitchen. Daily cleaning service provided. Laundry service available on request.
Located within minutes of El Castillo, Sky Trek Zip-Line Canopy Tours, Kayaking and ATV rentals. Horseback tours to the waterfalls or fishing tours on the lake or Rio Frio can be arranged. Massage therapy is available at the Blue Lagoon Spa just 500 meters up the hill. Hot Springs and La Fortuna are just 30 minutes away. An escape from the daily stress of work for a week in paradise will rejuvenate your soul and reconnect you with what life is meant to be.
The property is adjacent to a virgin cloud forest. Explore miles of hiking trails through the rain forest that lead down to the nearby Rio Piedras Negras. Howler monkeys, toucans, wild turkeys, parrots, coati mundis (aka pizotes), tayras and more can be regularly spotted from the house and in the vicinity.
WiFi broadband internet access is included. Tune in internet radio from anywhere in the world or watch DVDs and Netflix on a 42" HDTV.
1. NO SMOKING INDOORS. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The premises are privately owned; the Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Housekeeping: Basic housekeeping service is provided on alternate days. Fresh bath towels will be furnished on alternate days. Towels and linens are not to be removed from the premises by Guests.
8. Laundry: Not available for guest self service. Laundry service is available upon request.
9. Hot Tub: No children under the age of 12 permitted in hot tub without adult supervision. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. Heater should only be turned on while hot tub is in use (we suggest turning on 1 hour prior to intended time of use) and please conserve energy by turning off after each use. Do not operate hot tub when pool filtration cycle is operating.
10. Water and Septic: The property is supplied with untreated pure spring water. Waste water is handled by a septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than body wastes. No feminine hygiene products should be flushed at anytime. Toilet paper and hygiene products should be disposed in provided closed canisters which will be collected daily. Please help us preserve the environment.
11. Storms and power outage:
No refunds will be given due to storms or inclement weather or power outage.
13. Road conditions: The final 10km of the road to the property is unpaved. It is well maintained; however, we highly recommend a four wheel drive or a vehicle with high clearance to access the property. Refunds will not be issued due to road conditions.
About the Host, Jim
I'm an electronic product marketing manager. I work for TDK (EPCOS). I love Costa Rica and plan to retire there some day. In the meantime, I have to be satisfied with visiting from time to time. We love to spend time at our vacation place in El Castillo de La Fortuna.