Join us at the Tyler Adams House (c. 1844) in the middle of Historic Bowling Green KY! This 2nd story room is on the rear corner of the building with 4 windows! This large room has a private bathroom and a closet. Family friendly convertible sofa! A fourth person can sleep on the available air mattress if desired. We pride ourselves in providing clean, affordable lodging
We are a smoke free campus.
Important: All guests must have a photo & paragraph describing themselves in their profile.
This room is located on the rear corner of the Tyler Adams House on the second floor. It has a private bathroom and a queen bed, a chest of drawers, and a Convertible Sofa for an additional sleeper It has four windows, two that look out toward the rear of the house toward College Street, and two that look out of the side of the house. You can see State street from these windows. It has a small but serviceable bathroom with a toilet, sink, tub and shower.
The entry to the room is from an interior hallway. There are two ways to get to this hallway. 1) From the front of the house through the Magnificent ornate entrance door, then up the main interior stairway. At the second floor stair top, take a right down the long hallway and your room is to your right at the end of the hall. 2) You can take the rear exterior staircase, then enter through the utility room at the top right of the stairs. Then, you proceed through the upper kitchen, and turn left through the unfinished common room. The hallway is at the other side of the common room. Take a left and your room 9 is on your right at the end of the hall.
There is a TV in the room, but we have "cut the chord" and offer a selection of over the air channels. Our attitude is that our guests come to Bowling Green to do more than watch TV, so we save you the cost of expensive cable service.
The upstairs has a kitchen, utility room, dining area and a den area that is shared. We also have a main living room downstairs that we welcome you to use.
We also have a kitchen and utility room downstairs that we allow you to use as well.
Interaction with guests
Your hosts live in another house in Bowling Green, but we do have a resident assistant who lives on the first floor.
Other things to note
Listed price (before your service fee) includes the following local taxes:
- Bowling Green City Transient Room Tax (4%)
- Warren County Transient Room Tax (2%)
Note that most hotels add these taxes to their quoted price. We do not, it is already included. When comparison shopping in Bowling Green please take this into account.
Please be aware that although your unit will be clean with clean linens when you arrive, we do not offer daily maid service. We allow you to do these duties yourself and save money. We do have complementary washers and driers in case you need to wash clothes or linens during your stay.
We are not set up to provide meals. However, you are free to use our kitchens to prepare your own.
This is a large, multi-unit home. Other guests will share the kitchen, common area and in certain rooms, the bathrooms. Each room has its own lock, and there is a video surveillance system of the outside areas of the building to help assure your safety.
If you need to check out late or check in early, please let us know. We can usually accommodate you, but we do need to know.
All residents agree to abide by these rules as a condition of residency.
- Prospective Airbnb guests must have a bio (“Describe Yourself”) section in their profile, and a face photo. No dog or kid photos allowed. We need to make sure the guest who arrives is the guest who booked.
- We pledge to treat you with courtesy and respect. Please return the favor. Let’s both strive for five star reviews!
-- If you have booked via Airbnb for 30 days or more, we require you to sign a simple lease upon arrival to keep us in compliance with government regulations. If you do not wish to sign a lease, you are required to pay an additional 6% sales tax for your first month’s stay.
-- ALWAYS Lock the door whenever you leave or enter the house and NEVER share any lock combinations with unauthorized persons.
- We believe in clean air, and are committed to providing an attractive environment for all guests. Therefore, NO SMOKING is permitted anywhere on the campus.
- Please be aware that although your unit will be clean with clean linens when you arrive, we do not offer daily maid service. We allow you to do these duties yourself and save money. We do have complementary washers and driers in case you need to wash clothes or linens during your stay. If you would like housekeeping service at an additional fee, please contact us.
- Leave your key in the lockbox in which you found it when you check out. Missing keys are subject to a $100 fee for rekeying the lock. If you accidentally take your key contact us immediately for instructions.
- Fire doors to rooms lock when they close. If you are not careful, you could lock yourself out. Take your key with you at all times when leaving the room. You may be charged if you must call to be let back in your room.
- Only one car per guest allowed on the parking slab. If you have visitors, they must park elsewhere. During business hours, all autos must be parked on the parking slab, or in the lot behind the slab. The spaces beside the Tyler Adams house are reserved for city employees and unauthorized cars parked there during business hours may be towed.
- Please wash and dry any dishes and place them back where you got them. Do not leave dishes in your room.
- Please clean up the countertop and tabletop in the kitchen in the common area after use. Do no leave spills and crumbs on any surface.
- Please Label and date all food left in the refrigerator. Any food without a label or which is obviously spoiled is subject to being thrown away without notice. Take your food out when you check out. Food not taken when you check out is assumed to be abandoned.
- Please be respectful of other residents.
- No loud or disruptive behavior is allowed. Quiet hours are between 10 PM and 7 AM. Between those hours, always assume your neighbor is sleeping, so you must keep all your activities quiet.
- Although we love animals, no pets are allowed without special arrangements with the host. Pets will involve additional charges
- Parties or group gatherings must be approved in advance and will involve additional charges.
- Illegal activity will not be tolerated. No drugs or underage drinking on the property. Loud and obnoxious behavior is grounds for removal.
- Do not open windows without permission except in emergency.
- Help us save energy. Even though the host pays for utilities, you are expected to use only the utilities you need. If you leave your room for a long period, take measures to assure you room won’t be wasting energy. Leave your HVAC unit turned off (in Spring or Fall) or at 80 degrees (Summer) or at 60 degrees (Winter) when you leave.
- Do not move furniture without permission. You could scratch the floors and damage the furniture. If you do re-arrange the furniture, you must move it back to where it was, or you will entail a $50 fee. Customers expect the room to be furnished as in our photos.
We welcome people of all backgrounds, faiths, races, nationality, gender and sexual orientation. If this is not OK with you, DO NOT BOOK WITH US.
Rules for long term residents (longer than one week):
• Empty garbage when the can fills or when there is an odor. We will provide garbage bags. Garbage is to be placed in the garbage bin on the parking slab.
• Use vent fans when cooking to prevent cooking odors from permeating the house.
• After the initial provision, supplies such as toilet paper and soap are generally the responsibility of the resident. Contact us if you have an urgent need.
We are a couple of empty-nesters from Bowling Green KY who are passionate about making the world a more sustainable place. We are excited to offer our properties to you! We are active in the Sierra Club and have adopted a vegan diet. We love to meet fellow travelers and provide them with an alternative to the standard cookie cutter lodgings. We have stayed in AirBnBs in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the US. We have two adult children, a daughter in Australia and a Son in Colombia.
Tom is a former Computer Engineer who started a real estate company, Sustainnovators LLC in 2012. Stephanie is an English Instructor who helps with the real estate as well.
In 2013, we bought the historic Tyler Adams House in downtown Bowling Green. This home is now restored and we are pleased to offer this home to airbnb guests!
We also are offering the farm home that Tom grew up in as a longer term stay. Check it out if you want to stay a month or more in Bowling Green. Also, we offer our personal home for those times when our other properties are filled, or for those who want a more suburban experience.
Also helping us is Chuck, who is a local real estate agent. He visits the properties most days, so look for him if you don't see us.