About this listing
The cottage is available for long term rentals
- the cottage is set back in the hills of Calistoga in Napa Valley and is a 2 minute drive or 20 minute walk from downtown Calistoga.
- the cottage shares the 4 acre property with a larger house (a fair distance away) where the owners of the property live with their small dog.
- there is a small kitchen for simple cooking (stovetop, microwave, convection oven, small fridge) which is stocked with all the basic cooking necessities. There is also an outdoor BBQ.
- there is no washer/dryer but a great laundry mat in town, a 2 minute drive away. There is a laundry drop off service as well.
- the unheated pool sits between the two houses and is shared with the owners -- they always try to give guests privacy when swimming.
- the cottage is beautifully decorated with antiques, artwork and has a wood burning stove and has been published in Pottery Barn, Bed Bath and Beyond and William Sonoma.
- Calistoga is a darling little farmers town which is surrounded by the gorgeous Palisade Mountains. Drive up Highway 29 to make a trip up-valley through St. Helena, Yountville and into Napa.
- the owners have been living in the Napa Valley for 40 years and each run their own small creative businesses. They are very friendly and well connected and are always happy to help guests and give recommendations.
Other Things to Note
-prices are subject to seasonal change
-we are open to negotiate pricing for long term rentals
-For mature, clean and respectable guests only
-Because the pool is un-gated, we can not aloud young children
-No unconfirmed guests on the property unless an agreement has been arranged with the owners prior
-No smoking inside
-Pets allowed case by case - only quiet and calm; never to be left alone in the cottage. Never let up on furniture.
-We are running on a private well, so please conserve water and keep your showers to a minimum (hot water will run out with back-to-back lengthy showers)
-No foreign objects in toilet, septic system is very sensitive
-ALWAYS turn off heat/AC when leaving the cottage
This might be my all-time favorite AirBnB stay - I'm so glad we found it and secretly hope that nobody else does so we can go back and stay any time we want :)
My girlfriend and I visited for a long weekend, and this cottage was perfect for us. Cozy and very comfortable, immaculately decorated, and a perfect retreat.
This is exactly as advertised: off the beaten path, but also extremely convenient. It's actually at a perfect halfway point between Napa and Sonoma.
We only got to meet our host briefly but she was very sweet and welcoming - even a bit impressed that we knew how to build a fire in the fireplace!
We love this place!
An amazing gem in the napa valley. We were in Calistoga for a friends wedding and it provided the perfect base to explore the area. Out of town so was very quiet and peaceful but close enough to walk into town like we did a few times.
Cottage is wonderfully decorated great shower and comfy bed.
The small pool looked lovely wasn't quiet warm enough to try and we would loved to have sat in the sun by the pool reading but we just didn't have the time!
Would highly recommend this place to stay. We may even be back!!
Awesome and unique cottage, off-the-beaten path and quiet. But close enough to Calistoga and St. Helena. Having a pool is unbeatable, especially during the hot summer days. Very cordial and engaging host.
We had a wonderfull time at this amazing cottage. It was even more beautiful than the pictures on Airbnb. We would defenitly come back again, and then we will stay for a longer periode.
absolutely gorgeous cottage with impeccable design. I'm a wedding planner so I pay attention to that kind of thing and Tom has done an amazing job with the interior and exterior design! The pool is beautiful as well. Tom and his wife were extremely friendly and accommodating and I would recommend their cottage to anyone. Such a special hidden gem in wine country, I felt so calm and relaxed at this little cottage nestled in the hills of calistoga.
This cottage is truly a wonderful spot, right outside Calistoga at the north end of the valley, you are extremely close to most of the big wineries in the valley. Calistoga and St. Helena are both awesome and close to the property (2 and 10 min drive.) The pool was great, and the property was back from the town so it was pretty quiet. Privacy was not a problem, as we hardly saw the host the whole time. The only issue I had was the lack of kitchen in the cottage, i.e. no fridge, convention oven, stove, or anything to cook with, but there are tons of great places to eat very close! Overall, I would recommend Tom's listing.
The cottage is beautiful and Tom was a great host. The cottage has been filled with beautiful artwork and all the necessary comforts. Although there was a bit of work being done on the property to prepare for an upcoming wedding, Tom was very responsive to our requests for quiet. We especially appreciated the lovely pool and views to the hills during the heat wave.
This host has 23 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews