About this listing
Surrounded by centuries-old oaks, olive groves and meadows, the large 17th century stone farmhouse lies nestled in the Chianti hills near Florence and Siena in a vast garden with salt water pool, contemporary arts, pizza oven and a stone amphitheater
LA SELVA Giardino del Belvedere is a large stone farmhouse with private pool near Florence.
Nearest village: Montegonzi (1 Km - 0.6 miles)
Swimming pool: private 12 x 6 mt - 39 x 19 feet (salt water)
Property features/services: Welcome dinner, Wi-Fi, near town, sat TV, 2 washing machines, 2 dishwasher machines, 2 wood pizza ovens, outdoor BBQ, 2 fireplaces, 6 days cleaning a week, parking, 13 hectares (32 acres) natural botanical garden with a stone amphitheatre and contemporary art sculptures, cook available on request.
Surrounded by centuries-old oaks, olive groves and meadows,the ancient stone farmhouse lies nestled in the Chianti hills within a 30-kms (20 miles) radius of Florence, Siena and Arezzo in a vast natural garden.
The villa was built more than 300 years ago; the restoration has kept the spirit of the house, respecting the original architecture with use of hand-made special materials following the green-architecture parameters.
The villa is in the middle of a 13-hectare (32 acres) natural botanical garden (Giardino del Belvedere) with olive trees, meadows, forest of ancient oaks trees, a stone amphitheatre with modern art sculptures and a private salt water swimming pool.
La Selva Giardino del Belvedere is the perfect place to discover Tuscany for a family reunion, a gathering of friends, a wedding or a meeting.
The rooms are spacious, furnished with antiques, yet offering every modern convenience. Giardino del Belvedere is a house for all seasons. The old stone walls keep it cool in the summer sun, while great open fireplaces offer warmth and comfort during cooler months.
Extensive natural garden stretch out towards the mountains on the horizon, with inviting pathways which meander through meadows of wild flowers. The house itself reflects the total peace and tranquility of its surroundings.
The salt water swimming pool, an oak solarium, and lounge chairs and umbrellas sit adjacent to the villa.
We love the fact that the villa and garden function in perfect harmony.
It is a pleasure to welcome guests who love nature as much as we do, and it gives us enormous satisfaction to share in their joy.
GROUND FLOOR: (2 large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms)
- Lunch al fresco (2 outdoor dining areas)
- Spacious living and dining room with LCD TV, Satellite, DVD/DIVX player, Wireless High speed Internet, telephone and large open fireplace
- Music room with stereo, CD player, MP3, iPod docking station, piano. The room has a direct access to the Swimming Pool overlooking the Arno Valley
- 2nd living area with TV and fireplace
- 1 kitchen fully equipped with fridge-freezer, large stove\oven, dishwasher and wood fired-pizza oven
- 1 kitchen well furnished with fridge-freezer, large stove\oven and dishwasher
- 1 bedroom with queen bed
- 1 bedroom with queen bed and extra bed
- 1 bathroom with tub
- 1 bathroom
Separate laundry room with 2 washing machines (in the same building)
FIRST FLOOR: (5 large bedrooms, 4 bathrooms)
- Lounge room with 3 arched windows over looking the grounds
- 1 bedroom with queen bed and en-suite bathroom with tub
- 1 bedroom with queen bed and en-suite bathroom with tub
- 1 twin bedded room (beds can be joined upon request) and en-suite bathroom with shower
- 1 bedroom with queen bed and an extra single bed (on request) w/shared bathroom with shower
- 1 twin bedded room with shared bathroom with shower
Interaction with Guests
By many generations my family live in this unique and special part of Italy; for the last 15 years I passionately dedicated time and care to manage the villas and welcome my guests.
I know the area very well and I will be happy to assist you in organizing extra activities or day trips (complimentary benefit for my guests) and make your time in Tuscany unique & memorable.
We love to welcome our guests with a traditional tuscan dinner prepared by our cook and share our love for the area and our wine.
We can stock refrigerator upon your arrival so you can relax when you first get to the house and enjoy the setting!
La Selva Giardino del Belvedere is located in Tuscany on the Chianti hills within a 30 kms (20 miles) radius of Siena, Firenze and Arezzo.
-0.6 km (0.4 miles) from the main road
-1 Km (0.6 miles) or 5 min. by car there is Montegonzi, a nice small village dating back to 1191 A.D., here you will discover a lovely church, a good restaurant (Osteria di Montegonzi) with a magnificent terrace overlooking the Chianti area, a food shop with cafè and a post office.
-1 km (0.6 miles) from Borgo di Fontebussi, an historic Tuscan village turned resort with hotel, apartments and a top chef restaurant open for lunch and dinner.
-3 km (1.8 miles) from horseback riding center
-6 km (3.7 miles) from Montevarchi: the main town of the Arno Valley with a regular train service to Florence (52 direct trains a day), Rome (8 direct trains a day) and the main Italian cities. The area has a large shopping center COOP FI, fashion factory shops (Prada, MiuMiu, Church) restaurants, tennis courts, pharmacy, hospital, indoor-outdoor swimming pool. (A car is needed to explore the area or I can arrange a driver for you)
- 10 km (6.2 miles) from the major highway of Italy A1 (Valdarno EXIT)
- 40 km (25 miles) to Arezzo (30 min. by train)
- 40 Km (25 miles) to Siena
- 50 Km (30 miles) to Firenze (40 min. by train)
There are many activities to do in the area; including 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Florence (one or two full day)
- Siena (full day)
- Cortona with wine tasting (full day)
- Chianti area with wine tasting (full day)
- Pisa and Lucca (full day)
- San Gimignano and Monteriggioni (full day)
- Montalcino and Pienza with Brunello wine tasting (full day)
- Assisi and Perugia (full day)
- Fashion shopping outlets (Prada, Gucci, Ferragamo, Armani and all the main Italian fashion brands have factories in the area and shopping outlet with 50% discount)
- Rapolano Terme adventure park "Saltalbero"
- Water Park (small) "Crocodile"
- Paleontological museum in Montevarchi (just open)
- “Museo Leonardo da Vinci" in Florence
- “Museo Leonardiano" in Vinci
- "The Pinocchio Park" in Collodi
.... and of course enjoy the villa and the many nearest towns and castles.
I know the area very well and I will be happy to assist you in organizing the day trips (complimentary benefit for my guests).
From La Selva beautiful roads leads into Chianti area: Badia Coltibuono, Gaiole, Radda, Castellina, Greve and Siena.
More than any other place, this is a land where tradition and daily life exist side by side in perfect harmony.
The history of Montevarchi dates back to circa 986, when pilgrims and travelers stopped here on their way to and from Rome; Montevarchi: for centuries the “market town" for Valdarno, Chianti and Pratomagno – and one of the most important in Tuscany.
A meeting place for traders, townsfolk, the local livestock and grain “dealers" and above all for farmers and small local producers who, until the 1960s used all means possible to get to the town squares of Montevarchi, to make deals and sell their goods: free range chickens, vegetables, rabbits, artichokes, olive oils and chestnuts.
Today the area is famous for its contribution to the international fashion industry and boasts the location of prestigious fashion outlets like Prada and "The Mall".
The area has excellent restaurants, a farmer's market and regular train service to Florence, Arezzo, Rome (with connections to every major Italian city)
Montevarchi, situated in the midst of what is known as unspoiled “wine country" - with its vineyards, olive trees, castles, medieval hilltop villages and churches - is one of the more lively towns south of Florence.
Closest airports (Airport code) :
- Florence airport (FLR) 70 km / 43 miles
- Perugia (PGA) 120 km / 74 miles (very small airport)
- Pisa Airport (PSA) 130 km / 80 miles (Delta operate a direct flight from JFK)
- Bologna (BLQ) 160 km / 100 miles
- Rome Fiumicino (FCO) 260 Km / 160 miles (many direct flight from USA)
- Venice (VCE) 310 Km / 192 miles (Delta operate a direct flight from JFK, Atlanta and Philadelphia)
- Milan (MXP) 410 Km / 254 miles (many direct flight from USA)
From the airports is easy to reach the villa by train or rental car.
The villa is only 6 km / 3.7 miles from Montevarchi train station and 10 km / 6 miles from A1 Valdarno exit (main highway of Italy)
PERSONAL DRIVER AND TOURS
Cars and minivans can be scheduled in advance if you need to be picked up at a train station or airport. We can organize private tours to any destination for a single day or for the entire week so you can explore in the most comfortable way wineries & vineyards, hamlets, castles and more. Ask us about details and charges!
Other Things to Note
# YOGA PAVILION “IL TONDO"
“Il Tondo" is a yoga pavilion with a pool, overlooking the Chianti hills located in the highest part of the property 5 min uphill walk from the villa. The pavilion is build with local chestnut and natural stones. “Il Tondo" is the private artistic studio of the villa owner and is not included in the villa rental; on request only the villa guests can rent it.
I only rent my villa as a private place to one group of guests (family or friends) at a time, being the only residents, the quality and privacy of their stay is guaranteed.
• On arrival 3 courses welcome Tuscan dinner prepared by our cook Maria
• Wireless High speed Internet (free)
• Private salt-water swimming pool open from 04 May to 02 November (6x12 mt, 1.2 mt deep)
• Cleaning 6 day a week (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat 3 hrs per day)
• Linens for bed, bath and table
• Pool towels
• Weekly change of linens
• Final Cleaning
• 1 GPS car navigation system TOMTOM (with useful point of interest)
• 2 Washing machines
• 2 Dishwasher machines
• 2 Fully equipped kitchens
• American Coffee Machine, Toaster, 2 large ovens
• 2 refrigerators with freezer
• 2 wood pizza ovens (1 in the villa, 1 in the garden)
• Phone line
• Water (excellent from our well)
• LCD TV
• DVD/DIVX player (Blu-ray, multi regions)
• Sat Tv
• Full stereo, tape, CD player, speakers for iPod
• Gas for kitchen use
• Iron, Ironing board
• Hair dryers
• Screen on windows
• Floor fans in each bedroom (available on request at no charge)
• Heating (it usually only need from November to March; consumption included up to Euro 210 x week)
• Baby beds and highchairs (available on request at no charge)
• Private car parking in the property
• Municipality tourist tax
AVAILABLE on REQUEST:
- First grocery shopping (shops are closed on Sunday)
- Tuscany dinner prepared by our cook Maria
- Cooking class with our cook Maria
- Daily full English breakfast
- Wine tasting dinner with sommelier at the villa
- Airport / train station transfer / personal driver
- Guided tours of Florence with skip the line museum tickets
- Wine cellars visit with tasting
- Cell phone rental
- PA system with mixer and microphone
- More extra services available on request
Terms and Conditions
1. RENTALS: The property is furnished and equipped as described in the detailed and technical description provided in the listing
2. ARRIVALS, DEPARTURES AND CONDUCT: Reservations are for a minimum of 7 nights (other than by arrangement). The villa is available for occupation from 4.30pm to 9pm (local time) on the day of arrival until 10am (local time) on the day of departure. We do their utmost to accommodate out of hours requests, however, the property owners cannot guarantee access to the properties after 10 pm.
3. SECURITY DEPOSIT: The client is solely responsible for any damages, stains or breakage(s) that may be caused to the property or its contents and also for any loss of items in the inventory during their stay. Therefore a refundable security deposit payable on check-in will be held against such an eventuality. The villa is inspected both before and at the end of each occupation and upon confirmation that all is in order this deposit will be refundable in full. Charges for damages/losses or any maintenance/repairs to the premises, equipment, amenities or fixtures necessitated by misuse or neglect will be at the discretion of the owner and will be deducted from the security deposit. In the event of any damage/loss, which is assessed to be in excess of the security deposit, the client will be held responsible for full reimbursement of the outstanding amount within 14 days. It is important that the property be left clean and tidy at the end of the rental period.
4. CLEANING and LINEN: Cleaning will be carried out prior to the client arrival and during the week (as shown in the "Included"). House linen is provided and changed weekly. If linen has to be changed more regularly we reserve the right to make additional charges.
5. ANIMALS and PETS: Small pets are permitted only upon request. (A cat "Silvestro" actually stay at La Selva in the garden)
6. SWIMMING POOL: The pool is for the exclusive use of the guests of the villa and is only available during the open season (as shown in the "Included"). Use of swimming pool or any other facility included in the hire of the property is entirely at the client own risk. The owner and their agents cannot be held responsible for any accident or damage to the tenant or any other person. The pool is 120 cm (4 feet) deep, not heated and not fenced; children must be supervised at all times. We remind clients that there is no lifeguards foreseen the pool and it is absolutely forbidden to dive. Is strictly prohibited to use the pool in case of rain and during the cleaning done by the robot.
7. ACCIDENT, LOSS or DAMAGE: The property owner can not be held responsible for any accident, loss or damage which may be sustained by the tenant, member of his party or visitor to the property howsoever caused.
Life is about experiences, and there is no greater experience than travel.
I born in Tuscany and after travelling all over the world I still live here surrounded by beautiful landscapes, art cities and great food. I enjoy living and working here !!
In my free time I like to snowboarding, sailing, cycling, cooking, traveling and exploring new cultures.