About this listing
One room guest cottage located in the Nantucket Historic District. The quiet cottage sits behind the main house, accessed by a private right of way. Located in a residential neighborhood it comfortably fits 2 in a King bed.
One room guest cottage with en suite bathroom located in the Town of Nantucket Historic District. The quiet cottage sits behind the main house, accessed by a private right of way. Located in a residential neighborhood of the historic district, it is a five minute walk from the heart of downtown Nantucket with its cobble-stoned streets, restaurants and shops.
One King bed, one dresser, 2 chairs, a table, a night stand and several lamps furnish the cottage. The bathroom is kept very clean. Note the shower is a 1940's vintage metal stand-alone with great water pressure but showing its age. The cottage has an attached porch with chairs for reading and relaxing.
A small refrigerator for drinks and snacks is located near the window, as well as window unit air conditioner for use during hot days.
Bath towels, beach towels and linens are provided. Free use of two bicycles.
Covered porch for relaxing outdoors.
Walking distance to both ferries
2 bicycles available for guest use
Covered porch attached to the cottage for guest use
Interaction with Guests
I will be available as much or as little as the guest wants. I'm staying in the main house and I am happy to help with dinner suggestion or reservations or anything else helpful.
The street is lined with Captain's houses. It is walking distance to the historic main street.
An island bus system called the Wave provides transportation all around the island
Other Things to Note
Be certain to book your round trip ferry as the ferries get full on weekends.
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. AND CHECK-OUT IS 11 A,M,. Early Check-ins and late check-outs will happily be accepted if at all possible. Back to back rentals may make early/late check-ins impossible.
2. This is a NON SMOKING unit. Smoking inside the unit is strictly prohibited. Smoking inside the unit will result in the loss of the security deposit. Tenants also agree that any tenant found using drugs or allows others to use drugs on the premises will be immediately denied continued occupancy of these premises.
3. PETS are not permitted in rental units without written consent from the Owner prior to check-in. Any damage done to the unit by pets will be assessed and charged.
4. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/reservation deposit of $200 is required.
Damage deposit will be returned providing:
a. No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
d. NO unexpected early check-in or late check-out.
e. The renter is not evicted by Bobbi or Guy (OWNERS or their representatives) and the local law enforcement.
f. NO excessive noise or disturbances are made during QUIET HOURS defined as hours from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM on weekday and from 11:30pm to 9:00 AM on weekend.
g. No disturbances are made to neighbors and surrounding neighborhood.
h.. NO smoking in unit
i. NO household items including linens and towels are lost or damaged.
j, CHECKOUT procedure is followed
5. QUIET HOUR POLICY: QUIET HOURS are defined as hours from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM on weekdays and from 11:30 PM to 9:00 AM on weekends. No loud noises that could disturb the neighbors from quiet enjoyment of their homes are allowed during this time. Access to the deck is also not allowed during the quiet hours.
9. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY - MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY IS Two (2) PERSONS (may be revised within below reservation details). If more than MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY are in attendance at any given time, there will be an additional charge of $25.00 for each additional guest per day.
6. MINIMUM STAY - This property requires a TWO (2) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY. Longer MININUM STAYS may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than MINIMUM STAY days, the guest will be charged the MINIMUM STAY rate.
7. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE - While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate however is available at an additional rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken out from the units. Except Beach towels. Beach towels may be taken out.
8. RATE CHANGES - Rates are subject to change without notice prior to rental confirmation.