About this listing
Secluded, stylish and comfortable mid-century cabin in an incredible desert setting.
Perfect getaway for 2, but can accommodate more. One queen sized bed and a couch that folds into a full-sized bed.
This secluded 1940's cabin is decorated in mid-century stylings, has mountain views, and is surrounded by hundreds of acres of pristine desert. You can walk off the west patio and in minutes be in the middle of nowhere, finding trails and rusty treasures, being startled by jackrabbits, and be overwhelmed by silence. The sun set view is GORGEOUS from the back porch swing, and the stars are ridiculously bright… unless of course the moon is waxing or full, then the magical blue light overtakes the sand and stars.
There is one Queen sized bed, and one couch that folds down into a full-sized bed.
The home is "handi-capable" with bathroom bars and extra wide doorways.
There are 3 outdoor patios, 2 swing-sets, outdoor fire pit, gas BBQ, indoor fireplace, indoor and outdoor showers, and 2 freight container art studios available for your use.
There is laundry and full kitchen.
Spring: open windows, windy warm days and amazing wildflowers everywhere
Summer: relaxing outdoor horse tub and shower, and indoor swamp cooler
Fall: warm, open-door days and cozy fireplace nights
Winter: cozy rotatable fireplace in cabin, outdoor fire pit, and passive window solar
The property is located on a dirt road 12 minutes from downtown Joshua Tree and a just a few more minutes to Joshua Tree National Park with great hiking, biking, and rock-climbing.
3 freight containers, entire house, and hundreds of acres of desert.
Interaction with Guests
I rarely meet my guests, but I am always accessible via text and e-mail.
Secluded and beautiful!
You need a vehicle.
1. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. Pets are NOT allowed inside the home.
3. Outdoor noise is to be quieted by 10pm.
4. No fire arms or fireworks are permitted.
5. Fires are to be kept within established fire pit within small, controllable parameters.
6. Motor bikes are to be kept upon established trails, preserving the natural landscape.
7. The property must be returned to its original state, including the return placement of furniture, removal of any "earthworks" and/or "artworks", the removal of any "desert art trash" from the outback brought upon the property, added accoutrements, or other changes to the state in which it was found.
8. Dirty dishes are to be cleaned via hand or the dishwasher; no dirty dishes are to be left at the premises.
9. Trash is to be bagged and disposed of in designated receptacles.
10. Owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, illness, or death that occurs while on the premises or its facilities, nor responsible for the losses and/or damages of personal belongings or valuables. All Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premise or others whom they invite to use the premise, including but not limited to injury or loss of life due to acts of god, wildlife, weather, or use of swings, tools, or other facilities on the property. Owner is not responsible for any legal infractions, penalties, fees, or incarcerations including but not limited to noise, neighbor complaints, outdoor fires, firearms, fireworks, or illegal drug use.
11. Owner is not responsible for loss of internet or electricity due to weather or regional black-outs.