Secluded, stylish and comfortable mid-century cabin in an incredible desert setting.
Perfect getaway for 2, but can accommodate more. One queen sized bed and a couch that folds into a full-sized bed.
Tankless hot water heater makes for HOT outdoor cowboy tub any season!
No Events. No pets.
This secluded 1940's cabin is decorated in mid-century stylings with mountain views, surrounded by hundreds of acres of pristine desert. You can walk off the west patio and in minutes be in the middle of nowhere, finding trails and rusty treasures, being startled by jackrabbits, and overwhelmed by silence. The sun set view is GORGEOUS from the back porch swing, and the stars are ridiculously bright… unless of course the moon is waxing or full, then the magical blue light overtakes the sand and stars.
There is one Queen sized bed, and one couch that folds down into a full-sized bed.
Indoor and outdoor showers and tubs with unlimited super hot water.
The home is "handi-capable" with bathroom bars and extra wide doorways.
There are 3 outdoor patios, 2 swing-sets, outdoor fire pit, gas BBQ, indoor fireplace, indoor and outdoor showers and outdoor hot cowboy tub, and 3 shipping containers available for your use.
There is laundry and full kitchen.
The property is located on a dirt road 12 minutes from downtown Joshua Tree and a just a few more minutes to Joshua Tree National Park with great hiking, biking, and rock-climbing.
3 freight containers, entire house, and hundreds of acres of desert.
Interaction with guests
I rarely meet my guests, but I am always accessible via text and e-mail.
1. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. Pets are NOT allowed inside the home.
3. Outdoor noise is to be quieted by 10pm.
4. No fire arms or fireworks are permitted.
5. Fires are to be kept within established fire pit within small, controllable parameters.
6. Motor bikes are to be kept upon established trails, preserving the natural landscape.
7. The property must be returned to its original state, including the return placement of furniture, removal of any "earthworks" and/or "artworks", the removal of any "desert art trash" from the outback brought upon the property, added accoutrements, or other changes to the state in which it was found.
8. Dirty dishes are to be cleaned via hand or the dishwasher; no dirty dishes are to be left at the premises.
9. Trash is to be bagged and disposed of in designated receptacles.
10. Owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, illness, or death that occurs while on the premises or its facilities, nor responsible for the losses and/or damages of personal belongings or valuables. All Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premise or others whom they invite to use the premise, including but not limited to injury or loss of life due to acts of god, wildlife, weather, or use of swings, tools, or other facilities on the property. Owner is not responsible for any legal infractions, penalties, fees, or incarcerations including but not limited to noise, neighbor complaints, outdoor fires, firearms, fireworks, or illegal drug use.
11. Owner is not responsible for loss of internet or electricity due to weather or regional black-outs.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
This host has 95 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I love traveling the world and believe in travel karma, so I am a courteous guest and attentive, fun host. I am a visual artist, designer, and massage therapist.