About this listing
Brand new blinds, heaters, bathroom mirror and sink.
***Cheaper than a hotel***
Ideal for longer stay.
- July 2014: installed new window covers, new heaters, new bathroom mirror and, new bathroom sink
- Fully renovated July 2012
- Floor to ceiling windows, so lots of daylight!
- Large living room with full kitchen (fridge, oven, gas stove, microwave oven, dish washer and Nespresso coffee machine)
- 1 bedroom with 1 very large double bed (220 cm x 180 cm. Very quiet bedroom, you won't hear any noise, except birds if you leave your window open at night ;-)
- 1 bathroom (bath and shower)
- Seperate toilet room
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Wooden floor (except bathroom)
- Noise reducing windows
- premium Geneva Sound System for your iphone/ipod with CD-player and FM-radio.
- TV and dvd-player (but no cable at the moment)
You'll have access to EVERYTHING in my apartment. My cupboards are stocked and you're permitted to use what you'd like. It would be much appreciated if you leave some bottled Spa water, toilet paper and laundry detergent for when I get back though ;-)
Interaction with Guests
I have an iPhone, so I receive your emails immediately. You can also send me texts (SMS) and use iMessage, Facetime, kSype and (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) to get in touch with me!
I am very communicative. So don't hesitate contacting me even if you just want to let me know how much you love my place. Or if you want me to take care of something :-)
Whenever I am abroad, you can contact my mom in case of an emergency. She lives a few blocks from my apartment.
Excellent location. There are plenty of great restaurants and coffee bars within walking distance. Ask me for tips or check out my Airbnb Guidebook: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/603545?preview#maps.
If you have a car: you can reach the freeway to Brussels (E19 and A12) in 5 minutes. Street parking is easy to find and is free from 19:00pm till 9:00am, on Sundays and Public Holidays. There is a cheap underground public parking (Vinci Parking Nationale Bank) within 50 meters.
These are the rates:
15 min: €0,15
This is the TOTAL price. So for example if you park 2 hours, you'll pay €4. If you park anywhere between 2 and 24 hours the rate is €9. This parking is subsidized by the city, that's why the rate is just 9 euros if you leave your car for 2 hours up to 24 hours. Rate by the month is 118 euro per month.
Across the street, you'll find:
- ATM from ING Bank
- hairdresser: L'Atelier Verseau. John is a great guy, tell him I've sent you!
- Pizza Hut take away
- Tanning Salon
- Great restaurants (e.g. Restaurant Bicyclette, love it)
- Cheap but good restaurants (e.g. Continue)
- Bike Sharing Station
- Public transportation
- Antwerp City Park
If you would like to get some groceries, there is a Louis Delhaize Supermarket just around the corner.
There is a Pain Quotidien and also a local organic bakery (the croissants there are AMAZING!) just around the corner if you want to have a delicious breakfast. There are many good restaurants within walking distance.
Tram, bus and bike sharing station are 10 meters away. The train station is a 10 minute walk or 3 minute bike ride if you use the bike sharing system.
Other Things to Note
There is no cable tv, but do bring your dvd's because there is a big plasma tv and a dvd player in the living room. There is also an usb connection on the tv, so bring a stick with your favorite movies.
- Max 2 persons in the apartment at any time
- That means: no parties
- No pets allowed, no exceptions! (no fleas either ;-)
- No smoking (not even on the balcony)
- If you stay for a longer period, a cleaning lady will clean the apartement every week (free of charge)
- If you have any troubles/problems/need info/break something/... first thing you do = contact me.
- please always LOCK the safety door of the apartment with your key, the safety door is easy to open if not locked with the key (we've had burglars in our building before)
- If you lose the keys €75 per set will be charged as both keys (front door and apartment door) are more expensive than regular keys because they are "do not duplicate" keys.
- Please take off your shoes. My downstairs neighbor says he can hear footsteps if you/I don't take off your shoes. Be nice to the guy ;-)