Built as our holiday home, we have put a lot of love and affection into bringing together this house. Since we don't use the place throughout the year, we have decided to let others revel in its beauty as well.
- 3 luxurious bedrooms, each with large double beds and attached bathrooms (extra beds are available upon request).
- Outdoor seating is available to enjoy the serene view of the valley below, as well as a bonfire at night.
- The house is surrounded by 150sq kilometers of forest reserve. This creates a sweet and crisp smell of pine in the air.
- The house comes complete with a COOK (who makes a tasty meat curry) and a onsite CARETAKER. We normally proceed on a "meals on actuals" basis - so guests buy the raw materials for whatever they want to eat and/or the cook/caretaker can procure local produce on your behalf.
- At a height of approx. 7000 feet, you do not require a fan, let alone an air conditioner, even in peak summer.
- You get strong mobile reception and we do have Satellite TV (Tata-Sky/Dish TV) there as well.
- On the Chail-Kufri road, at a place called ShilonBagh. About a 30 minute drive from Chail and 15 minute drive from Kufri (please see Map for exact location).
- Driving time from Delhi is approximately 8 hours, for a comfortable journey with a couple of stops, including a meal stop.
- If you prefer to take a train, the Kalka Shatabdi departs twice daily from Delhi. The house is then approx. a 3hour taxi ride up from Kalka.
- The best part about staying up there is that it allows you to re-connect with nature. You are far enough from the distractions of daily life, but close enough to some activity to not feel too disconnected.
- You could borrow a book from our expanding book collection while you're there. We also have board games and a Carrom board for your enjoyment.
- There are two hotel properties within walking distance (approx 15min walk), where you can use their bar/game room facilities.
Since it is also our family holiday home, we request that you treat the house with the same level of respect as you would your own home, and be careful with its contents.
Guests are liable for the full replacement value of any damage caused to the property by them.
We have a No Pets Policy
Our experience at Kufri was awesome. To be honest, it was actually a surprise way above expectations. The hospitality provided was warm. The rooms were clean and tidy. The barbecue and overall food was nice. The bonfire was amazing and it surely kept us warm. Also we cannot explain the spectacular view from the property. We will surely recommend this place to all our friends and plan to visit again whenever possible.
I have stayed in Shimla before, this one was completely different. My best stay of this season was at this place. Awesome would be saying too little!
One of the best locations you can expect to stay slightly off from Shimla. Everything provided was as excellent as promised. Rooms with heaters (and the best of the kind), clean towels, all facilities and even a TV (not that we could watch any TV as the views are magnificent from there).
The services provided are excellent. They charge nominally for food and the food was excellent. He also gave me a contact to a taxi operator, who provided me very competitive rates
My aunt had lost her bag during the trip and the host was willing to help us with his contacts. He kept in touch all the while and ensured that our stay was excellent.
The caretaker never says no to anything. He arranged for everything we had asked for and needed. Food was awesome as well, one of the best kadis I have had in a long time.
Despite being about an hour or so out of town - or perhaps because of it - we think Raja's place is THE place to stay if visiting the Shimla area. You can sit on the terrace warmed by a mini bonfire and gaze at an uninterrupted mountain view and hear not a sound.
Raja is a gracious host and his caretaker Naushad and housekeeper/cook Veena will look after you very well. They will prepare you meals and are happy to call and arrange the local taxi for you for trips to town or even to act as your driver for the day. Raja is happy to brief you on fares etc. We loved Veena's curries and chupattis and Naushad's breakfast omlettes are a must. Wish we could have stayed longer.
everything was awesome, we really feel relaxed all the time.
Awesome place! Awesome views ! Awesome hospitality ! Awesome value ! The housekeeper set up a bon fire for us both nights and it was such a blast. The silence is something one needs to hear ( Ironic , I know ) . Raja the owner is connected and wants guests to have a good time and that's Awesome service ! Would certainly go back and soon ! And of course Awesome Cook ! If you aren't going here you are missing the closest experience to heaven :-) Enjoy all of you who go there. And remember whoever goes there ....Am envying you...
Awesome Place to stay in shimla. The cook makes delecious food. The house has got a awesome view. We had a great stay
Tranquillity indeed !
Charming house built atop a hill with spacious bedrooms and great views.
It's your home far from the maddening crowd. With all the comforts - books, board games, satellite tv, barbeque and bonfire.
The caretaker naushad is quite friendly and will look after all your needs. The 'aunty' is an in house cook who will churn up lip smacking food on demand.
You can buy walnuts from the nearby village (ask naushad and he'll arrange it).
Raja and Aarti have done a great job and its evident in every small little detail.
Definitely coming back here for a longer stay !
My name is Raja Sharma. My wife Arati and I shuttle between New Delhi and New Zealand, and try to inculcate the kiwi "all good mate" attitude in our lives here in India as well.
My kids are now all grown up and are both lawyers. Arati and I love traveling, something that took us to New Zealand, as well as this house in the hills.
I sincerely hope that you enjoy your stay at our home.