True Tranquility! The reviews say it all! Perched on a mountain top at 7000 ft the 3 bedroom cottage comes with astounding comfort, astounding views and really astounding service with a personal cook and separate caretaker! Truly affordable luxury!
Built as our holiday home, we have put a lot of love and affection into bringing together this house. Since we don't use the place throughout the year, we have decided to let others revel in its beauty as well.
- 3 luxurious bedrooms, each with large double beds and attached bathrooms (extra beds are available upon request).
- Outdoor seating is available to enjoy the serene view of the valley below, as well as a bonfire at night.
- The house is surrounded by 150sq kilometers of forest reserve. This creates a sweet and crisp smell of pine in the air.
- The house comes complete with a COOK (who makes a tasty meat curry) and a onsite CARETAKER. We normally proceed on a "meals on actuals" basis - so guests buy the raw materials for whatever they want to eat and/or the cook/caretaker can procure local produce on your behalf.
- At a height of approx. 7000 feet, you do not require a fan, let alone an air conditioner, even in peak summer.
- You get strong mobile reception and we do have Satellite TV (Tata-Sky/Dish TV) there as well.
- On the Chail-Kufri road, at a place called ShilonBagh. About a 30 minute drive from Chail and 15 minute drive from Kufri (please see Map for exact location).
- Driving time from Delhi is approximately 8 hours, for a comfortable journey with a couple of stops, including a meal stop.
- If you prefer to take a train, the Kalka Shatabdi departs twice daily from Delhi. The house is then approx. a 3hour taxi ride up from Kalka.
- The best part about staying up there is that it allows you to re-connect with nature. You are far enough from the distractions of daily life, but close enough to some activity to not feel too disconnected.
- You could borrow a book from our expanding book collection while you're there. We also have board games and a Carrom board for your enjoyment.
- There are two hotel properties within walking distance (approx 15min walk), where you can use their bar/game room facilities.
Since it is also our family holiday home, we request that you treat the house with the same level of respect as you would your own home, and be careful with its contents.
Guests are liable for the full replacement value of any damage caused to the property by them.
We have a No Pets Policy
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
My name is Arati Sharma. Our family has shuttled between New Delhi and New Zealand, and try to inculcate the kiwi "all good mate" attitude in our lives here in India as well.
Our kids are now all grown up and are both lawyers. We all love traveling, something that took us to New Zealand, as well as this cottage in the mountains.
I sincerely hope that you enjoy your stay at our home.