Stay at my charming and romantic apartment located on historic Saint Louis Island, in the very heart of Paris, just 1 minute away from Notre-Dame Cathedral! All monuments are within walking distance!
I look forward to welcoming you in Paris and will do my best for you to have a wonderful experience.
CENTRALLY LOCATED IN HISTORIC SAINT LOUIS ISLAND...
A very nice, bright (facing south, it has direct light all day long), clean and tidy, newly renovated 3rd floor apartment with gorgeous views on the River Seine and lovely monuments (the Pantheon, Tour Montparnasse, Saint Sulpice church... and the tip of the Eiffel Tower!). The area is very safe and quiet: there is almost no traffic on the bank... and yet you'll be staying in the center of Paris!
The whole river bank was built between 1614 and1646. Historic sources mention the existence of the building as early as 1637. The river bank "Quai d'Orléans" is named after the younger brother of Louis XIII, Gaston Jean Baptiste de France, Duke d'Anjou, and later Duke d'Orléans (b. Fontainebleau, 24 april 1608 - d. Blois, 2 february 1660). After the French Revolution, is was renamed "Equality river bank" between1792 and 1806 in order to get rid of any royal reference...
The apartment sleeps 2 people comfortably thanks to its queen size (140x190 cm), very comfortable, high quality sofa/bed.
It can accomodate a 3rd guest thanks to a high quality extra mattress to be put on the floor.
The 2 windows are soundproof and have light-blocking blinds. They are located on two different sides of the bulding, allowing a nice cross breeze between them when open. Heat is never extreme in the apartment, but the apartment is equipped with a fan.
You'll also enjoy walking on the 19th century marble floor.
- free high speed internet/wi-fi and free phone to landline numbers in most countries,
- kettle, toaster, nespresso coffee machine,
- stove top, washing & drying machine, micro-wave oven, refrigerator with a freezer section
- iron & ironing board, vacuum cleaner
- I provide linens and towels - they can be changed weekly for long stays upon request
- upon check-in, refrigerator always contains complimentary food and fresh juice for your first breakfast
... and 3 deckchairs to be taken with you on the river banks just down the building for relaxing and getting a nice tan by the Seine! Summer picnics are very popular around...
EASY ACCESS TO NEARBY ATTRACTIONS...
The apartment is located in the very heart of Paris, steps from:
- the greatest Ile Saint Louis bakeries, world-reknown Berthillon ice cream outlets, the banks of the river for walks and picnics
- opposite the **** restaurant La tour d'argent
- 1-minute walk from Notre-Dame Cathedral
- 5-minute walk from le Marais area, with Hôtel de Ville (City Hall), Musée Picasso, Pompidou Center Modern Art Museum, the house of Nicolas Flamel, Musée Cognacq-Jay, Musée Carnavalet...
- 5-minute walk the Latin Quarter with Saint Germain des Prés, Odéon, the Luxemburg gardens...
Nearest metro stops:
Pont-Marie (line 7): 200 meters
Saint-Michel (lines 4, RER C to Versailles, Musée d'Orsay and the Eiffel Tower, RER B from/to CDG airport): 200 meters
Cité (line 4): 300 meters
Hôtel de Ville (lines 1, 11) : 500 meters
Easy access to trains going to Disney Land Paris
...as well as many buses & cabs
Please contact me with any questions you may have! And let me know if you have suggestions or special needs to better the apartment even more!
The apartment is on the 3rd floor - there is no elevator, but the stairs are very even and easy to climb. A couple of guests in their 70ies had no problem with them. And the combination of the views and light in the apartment will reward your effort!
All guests are welcome, whatever their nationalities, status (singles, couples, friends, families, LGBT travellers...) & so on...
The only restrictions is that this is a quiet, strictly non-smoking apartement, thanks in advance for your understanding!
ALSO HAVE A LOOK AT MY OTHER APARTMENT IN THE MARAIS AREA WITH HISTORIC VIEWS ON GORGEOUS PRIVATE MANSIONS, for up to 5 people! It is airbnb rooms/420805
Interaction with Guests
I'm always available by email or phone before, during, and after your stay. And always happy to have a drink with nice guests!
This is a quiet parisian building, inhabited by Parisians. Some of them are old and need the building to remain quiet...
So please be kind to the neighbors and not too noisy ;-) in order for me to be able to offer my apartment in the future !
Strictly non-smoking apartment.
Thanks in advance for your understanding!
Very well managed and reliable service. Boris was communicating clearly and in detail. Checkin time was flexible. Location is perfect, as advertised, great view. Flat is relatively small, but this is in line with the description and spirit of the place. Kitchen very well equipped and all amenities were provided in perfect condition. The other person servicing the flat even brought us breakfast upon arrival! All managed very well as expected, would highly recommend.
Do NOT stay here!
Boris is the reason why I will never again book through airbnb for travel abroad. I've been using this service a few times a year for several years with zero issues until now.
- Boris emails me stating he left the keys to the apartment at a restaurant in the building. When I arrived at the restaurant to pick up the keys I was rudely approached by the manager and asked to leave because they did not offer free wifi.
despite her blatant prejudice I kindly introduced myself and asked for keys left by Boris. She denies having them before finally giving them to me but refusing to point me in the correct direction of the apartment.
- I spent an hour looking for the apartment struggling to contact Boris or AirBnB. I was terrified I was being scammed.
- Turns out Boris gave us the WRONG address.
- after finally finding the building on my own, what I found was very dark and terrifying building that reeks of cat urine.
- IF YOU HAVE A CAT ALLERGY THIS IS NOT FOR YOU.
- Boris downplays the severity of the stairs in the building. they are extremely narrow and decrepit. it is nearly impossible to get luggage up them. And also dangerous because they are very dark. It took me multiple trips.
- The apartment is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than they look. There is no balcony to walk out on to. The "balcony" is actually a window that does not close entirely.
- there is also supposed to be a sofa bed. THERE IS NOT. it is not an actual pull out bed, it's just a large foam pad to place on the ground and should be advertised as such.
- there are no outlet converters in the apartment. I assumed there might be one in the apartment (my mistake)
- when I spoke to Boris he kindly offered to provide one. however he stopped responding to my emails after. After I went out to purchase one, Boris emailed me stating he could not provide one. but I returned to a converter on a table in the apartment anyway. I was confused and uncomfortable about him ignoring my efforts to arrange us to meet, but entering the apartment anyway without notice. Invasion of Privacy?
- The apartment has no working heat in addition to a window that doesn't close properly.
- The apartment has no working telephone. It has a perpetually dying battery and a charger that doesn't not work.
- IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH ABOUT BUGS. NOT FOR YOU. The bathroom has a silverfish bug population. In addition to a toilet that does not flush. When I informed him about the toilet, he let me know that he was aware the toilet does not flush.
I ended up having to leave the apartment and get a hotel for the rest of my stay. I was WAY better off.
Hosting Airbnb travelers is so nice and enjoyable! Over the years, I've only met great guests from all over the world, most of them being well-travelled, independent and friendly! Some keep coming to my apartments every year, and others even became friends, I just love it!
Yet, sometimes, reality hurts: not everybody is that kind and positive. Marissa was one of those bitter and phobic people who, sadly, can't deal with anything by themselves and who should only travel with organized groups I guess, especially when they go abroad.
In particular, she put herself in a very difficult situation by not reading the practical information provided by mail about the apartment, and above all, by travelling without a working phone, which made it difficult to fine-tune check-in, and to communicate thereafter during her stay. Reproaching me with her own mistakes is really not fair, but let it be! I value freedom of expression.
I guess the only reason why she should write such a terrible review to scar readers is probably because she needs accuse someone else of her own flaws and mistakes. I did my best to smoothen her stay, but there are people you can't please, whatever efforts you make. Her messages were so rude that replying nicely was hard, even for me...
It would take much time to deny all the wrong statements (and, even, lies) of her review. I initially thought I would just ignore her review and let go, but then thought it wouldn't be fair. And potential hosts need to know the truth before they make their decision to book a place.
To put it in a nutshell:
- One of my assistants always waits for guests at the apartment. Exceptionally (once a year maybe?), keys can be left in a nearby store or café when guests require a special check-in time (e.g.: very early landing from the US). If they check the address of the apartment on the map, it works seamlessly. The cafe owner who did me a favor on that days is the sweetest person on earth when approached kindly. You won't have to deal with her anyway ;-)
- Upon booking, all guests automatically receive a 5-page, comprehensive, "practical information" guide (which Marissa never read), with the exact address and directions. Most guests kindly state that this is the most complete information they've ever received from a host ;-)
- The staircase has proper lighting and doesn't smell as alleged. It is a renovated, but originally very old building, located by a river ;-)
- The stairs are a bit steeper than the average, that is true, but they're manageable. Many guests in their 60s and even 70s walked them up and down! And they're very safe. But do not book if you suffer from some impairment and need a lift ;-)
- Heating does work ;-)
- The window does close properly, but Marissa kept it open while the heating was on, which I thought wasn't nice to the environment... ;-)
- The phone does work ;-)
- There has never been a cat in the apartment for the last 10 years at least ;-)
- The surface of the apartment is clearly stated in the listing, which reads "small but comfortable", and pictures where taken with a regular camera ;-)
- The sofa bed turns into a comfy queen-size bed. Marissa just didn't find out how to unfold it (or pretends she didn't). Yet it is really easy, you just have to pull two straps! ;-)
- In addition, I provide an extra single mattress if needed, which she maybe thought was the bed :-)
- Very few hosts in Paris do provide outlet converters. I used to... and they used to disappear one after the other so I stopped... But most travelers being their own. I did buy a new one for Marissa, and dropped it at the apartment after desperately trying to call her on her mobile (which anyway didn't work at all during her whole stay), on the landline of the apartment, and after knocking at the door for 5 minutes ;-)
- The apartment gets deeply cleaned after each check-out / before each check-in and has nothing like what Marissa refers to as "bugs" ;-)
- The flush was working during her stay, but you had turn the water supply on and off before and after flushing, using a very simple tap. The issue has been solved by a plumber as soon as Marissa left the apartment. Maintaining a place that's successful on Airbnb requires lots of coordination ;-)
- Right: the word "balcony" in French can refer to the cast iron, decorative piece. The apartment doesn't have a proper balcony on which you can stand. I'll correct that in the listing ;-)
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask, I'm always happy to reply!
And if you're considering staying at the river view apartment, make sure you read other reviews first, and you'll get a more realistic view!
Have a nice day and a great stay in Paris, the most beautiful city in the world!
Boris was a great host. Even though he was out of town, he arranged for us to check in early, very helpful. He left lots of helpful information as well (make sure you read it!). The apartment was exactly as advertised. Small, up four flights of narrow stairs, and in an older building. But perfectly functional. And the location was perfect! Beautiful view of the Seine and Left Bank on Ile St. Louis. We just loved the little Island; a little less bustling than the rest of the area. I would recommend staying here.
Best view in Paris over the Seine. Small but comfortable and well set-up flat. Easy access to metro, sights etc.
Great location, great flat. A place on the edge of the river - perfect location. Sofa Bed isn't the most comfy but wasn't a problem for us. Fuse box trip meant we had no power for the first day but Boris managed to have it sorted that evening which made a bad situation (out of both of our control) into a good one. Thanks Boris and Ben
The flat had a perfect location, right at Saint Louis Island, at walking distance from most of Paris´ main attractions and, at the same time, within a quiet environment. The main problem, however, was the flat itself. Despite the nice view, it was in poorly kept, with many broken things (sofa bed, hangers, toilet, etc). Nothing that 200 euros could not fix. But the worst was the cleaning. I strongly recommend the owner to find a proper cleaner, as almost everything was dirty. Really a pity, as good conservation and proper cleaning should make the flat look like it appears in the pictures.
Perfect stay at Boris's apartment. The view is priceless and the location is the best in Paris. Very close to two Metro lines and to Rue Rivoli. It is also 15min walking distance to Louvre.
The apartment has the right size for a couple with great shower and a small kitchen with all necessary items. It also has a washing machine that helped us a lot.
The only point is that the apartment is in the third floor without elevators. For us, it wasn’t a problem at all.
This host has 81 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Thanks for your visit!
I'm a real Parisian, a musician, an actor and a psychologist!
I'm fond of culture & arts in general, in particular classical music and opera.
I lived in NYC, London and Rome.
Having traveled quite a lot, I realize how important a central location and a beautiful view are... That's why the apartments I'm listing here meet these criteria...
I'm very happy to make my two apartments available to the great airbnb community, it's a great opportunity to meet nice people from all over the world. Don't hesitate to tell me more about you!
I look forward to welcoming you in Paris.
Bonjour et merci pour votre visite !
Je suis parisien ! Musicien, comédien, et psychologue ! Et impatient de vous recevoir à Paris.
A bientôt !