About this listing
Stay at my charming and romantic apartment located on historic Saint Louis Island, in the very heart of Paris, just 1 minute away from Notre-Dame Cathedral! All monuments are within walking distance!
I look forward to welcoming you in Paris and will do my best for you to have a wonderful experience.
CENTRALLY LOCATED IN HISTORIC SAINT LOUIS ISLAND...
A very nice, bright (facing south, it has direct light all day long), clean and tidy, newly renovated 3rd floor apartment with gorgeous views on the River Seine and lovely monuments (the Pantheon, Tour Montparnasse, Saint Sulpice church... and the tip of the Eiffel Tower!). The area is very safe and quiet: there is almost no traffic on the bank... and yet you'll be staying in the center of Paris!
The whole river bank was built between 1614 and1646. Historic sources mention the existence of the building as early as 1637. The river bank "Quai d'Orléans" is named after the younger brother of Louis XIII, Gaston Jean Baptiste de France, Duke d'Anjou, and later Duke d'Orléans (b. Fontainebleau, 24 april 1608 - d. Blois, 2 february 1660). After the French Revolution, is was renamed "Equality river bank" between1792 and 1806 in order to get rid of any royal reference...
The apartment sleeps 2 people comfortably thanks to its queen size (140x190 cm), very comfortable, high quality sofa/bed.
It can accomodate a 3rd guest thanks to a high quality extra mattress to be put on the floor.
The 2 windows are soundproof and have light-blocking blinds. They are located on two different sides of the bulding, allowing a nice cross breeze between them when open. Heat is never extreme in the apartment, but the apartment is equipped with a fan.
You'll also enjoy walking on the 19th century marble floor.
- free high speed internet/wi-fi and free phone to landline numbers in most countries,
- kettle, toaster, nespresso coffee machine,
- stove top, washing & drying machine, micro-wave oven, refrigerator with a freezer section
- iron & ironing board, vacuum cleaner
- I provide linens and towels - they can be changed weekly for long stays upon request
- upon check-in, refrigerator always contains complimentary food and fresh juice for your first breakfast
... and 3 deckchairs to be taken with you on the river banks just down the building for relaxing and getting a nice tan by the Seine! Summer picnics are very popular around...
EASY ACCESS TO NEARBY ATTRACTIONS...
The apartment is located in the very heart of Paris, steps from:
- the greatest Ile Saint Louis bakeries, world-reknown Berthillon ice cream outlets, the banks of the river for walks and picnics
- opposite the **** restaurant La tour d'argent
- 1-minute walk from Notre-Dame Cathedral
- 5-minute walk from le Marais area, with Hôtel de Ville (City Hall), Musée Picasso, Pompidou Center Modern Art Museum, the house of Nicolas Flamel, Musée Cognacq-Jay, Musée Carnavalet...
- 5-minute walk the Latin Quarter with Saint Germain des Prés, Odéon, the Luxemburg gardens...
Nearest metro stops:
Pont-Marie (line 7): 200 meters
Saint-Michel (lines 4, RER C to Versailles, Musée d'Orsay and the Eiffel Tower, RER B from/to CDG airport): 200 meters
Cité (line 4): 300 meters
Hôtel de Ville (lines 1, 11) : 500 meters
Easy access to trains going to Disney Land Paris
...as well as many buses & cabs
Please contact me with any questions you may have! And let me know if you have suggestions or special needs to better the apartment even more!
The apartment is on the 3rd floor - there is no elevator, but the stairs are very even and easy to climb. A couple of guests in their 70ies had no problem with them. And the combination of the views and light in the apartment will reward your effort!
All guests are welcome, whatever their nationalities, status (singles, couples, friends, families, LGBT travellers...) & so on...
The only restrictions is that this is a quiet, strictly non-smoking apartement, thanks in advance for your understanding!
ALSO HAVE A LOOK AT MY OTHER APARTMENT IN THE MARAIS AREA WITH HISTORIC VIEWS ON GORGEOUS PRIVATE MANSIONS, for up to 5 people! It is airbnb rooms/420805
Interaction with Guests
I'm always available by email or phone before, during, and after your stay. And always happy to have a drink with nice guests!
This is a quiet parisian building, inhabited by Parisians. Some of them are old and need the building to remain quiet...
So please be kind to the neighbors and not too noisy ;-) in order for me to be able to offer my apartment in the future !
Strictly non-smoking apartment.
Thanks in advance for your understanding!