About this listing
Located right beside the lifts, with restaurants and varied ski services within a block, no car is needed! Sunny with superb views, and you just ski out from 2 floors down. Enjoy a quiet atmosphere while watching the sunset. Full kitchen.
This is an excellent apartment, situated just one hour from Santiago Chile, in the La Parva ski area (960 metres of vertical drop), which normally operates from June to September. The ski area has varied and extensive terrain, superb dry snow, and is sunny 80% of the season. Lift access starts straight from your door, with links to Valle Nevado and El Colorado ski areas as well. Bunny runs, ski school, rentals, and restaurants are half a block away. No vehicle is needed!
The apartment is 50 metres from the ski lift, ski in and out, is luminous, and has great mountain and sunset views. It has three (3) bedrooms: 1 bedroom has 2 bunk beds (4 beds); one has a double bed, and the third bedroom is a large ensuite with a king size bed. There are two (2) bathrooms in the apartment, a comfortable living/dining room, a large terrace facing northwest, a storage area, and a full kitchen. Equipped with a gas BBQ, 2 TV's, DVD player, stereo (there is no dishwasher, phone or internet however there is 3G mobile phone coverage). There are also 2 parking spaces if needed. The concierge and his wife are helpful (only spanish), and usually can clean, cook and wash on request. Walk a block to the restaurants, rentals, and other services area.
Cellular coverage (3G) reaches La Parva, however no fixed lines or wifi are available in the building as yet. Wifi is available at 2 restaurants in the ski area. Cable TV and a cell phone with 3G can be arranged with prior notice.
Basic groceries are sold at a shop in the resort, more at Farellones 5 km down the road, although it is best to take your own food from Santiago. I am normally available on cell phone to help with any and all needs, including coordinating transport.
We can also offer full board, ski guiding, and provide other touristic services. If you require any of these, please contact us for pricing and conditions. Weekend rentals are also possible depending on our agreement, and summer stays as well (splendid mountaineering, horseback riding, and biking. Also condors, foxes etc frequent the area). We want your stay to be great!
Ski La Parva, El Colorado, and Valle Nevado with an interconnected pass. Snowshoe or randonee to the Manantiales area. Climb or skin up the back bowls of Cerro La Parva. Bike and hike in the summer.
Interaction with Guests
I am available to provide full board, guiding, arrange transport, and other services.
Buses run between La Parva and Santiago daily. Taxis and helicopters can also be arranged. The area is about 90 minutes from the airport. Note that in high season transit on the road is one way up in the morning and one way down in the afternoon.
Other Things to Note
There is a supermarket on the way to La Parva, just past the end of the freeway in Las Condes, called "Supermercado Hyper Lider". Just past this, on Avenida Las Condes, is the Mall Sport, with lots of ski stores. The road to La Parva starts half a kilometer from Mall Sport.
See my photos for maps.
Vervier Building, Emille Allais 29 , apartment 21 (storage room number 3), La Parva. The building is a white 5 story apartment building on the left side of the road, one block up from the main parking lot in La Parva, and across the street from the Refuge Bossoney. To enter, please ring the bell and the concierge will open the door. The apartment is one floor down.
• We provide sheets and towels that will be in the apartment when you arrive, together with the keys. There will also be washing/cleaning materials, liquid soap and toilet paper in the bathrooms, a vacuum, etc. The apartment has many blankets, and complete kitchen equipment including gas oven with grill, microwave, coffee maker, etc. There is no dishwasher, phone, cable tv, or wifi. There are 2 TV's (one LCD ), 2 DVD's, and a stereo with auxiliary input. Wifi/PC's can be had at Saint Tropez restaurant.
• There are basic groceries sold one block down the road to the right, where there is also a bar and gym. Basic means some frozen foods (meats and prepared meals), basic vegetables and fruit, eggs, cookies, soft drinks, wine, pasta, flour, other dry goods, etc.
• Use parking space number 2 - second from the left. Do not get too close to the end, leave about one meter between the car and the rail, because ice could fall from the roof corner. Another small car can fit behind the first one.
• The exit for skiing is on the first floor, you can leave your skis inside the entrance of the first floor or in the storage room #3 . Alternatively, you can walk up the road 1/2 block to the Golondrina beginners lift, the ski school, rentals, restaurants, and the base of the Alpha quad chairlift. Or you can walk down to the Escuelita lift.
• Do not enter the apartment with boots on, the bench in the hallway outside the apartment is for putting on and taking off boots. The entrance area is to store boots and wet clothes. The carpet is clean. Do not close the windows of the terrace with too much force, they can break from the cold. Do not close the living room window if you are in the terrace or you will lock yourself out.
• The hot water heater has a 60 liter tank , which takes about 20 minutes to heat up, so it's best to wait a while between showers if they are long. The water will come out warm even if the tank has been emptied. Please leave garbage in a tied bag outside the entrance to the left on a low shelf.
• The building has its own generator in case of power outage. Also the building has a water storage tank , if the water is shut off. There is a room for ski repairs on the first floor, if you know how to use the equipment, ask the concierge for keys.
• For any problems related to the functioning of the department , please notify the concierge (Cristobal on the first floor), or the administrator. Note any problems, broken dishes, etc, in the notebook provided. Useful phone numbers :
Concierge - Cristobal Alvarez : +(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Administration in La Parva - Emergencies Rolando Rodriguez (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Police, for conditions of the road Stgo Farellones - +(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Emergency on the slopes - +(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Weather Forecast : (URL HIDDEN)
Clinica Las Condes rescue (doctors in the main parking lot) - +(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Ski van - for transport to El Colorado +(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (aprox $20,000 for the van return trip, leaves 10am).
Casey +(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (mobile) or +(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (home), or Andrea +(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). (EMAIL HIDDEN)
This is a family oriented apartment, and is only rented to mature adults and their children. Guests must fit this profile. As a family apartment building, geared to daytime sports, partying or noise past 11 PM is not accepted.
No shoes, boots, or skis allowed in the apartment, they may be left in the entrance room.
Concierge can clean snow off the terrace.
Originally from Canada, now living in Chile. Adventurous middle aged, tranquil but curious, I live for new sights and concepts. Family with 3 boys. We like to ski, hike, bicycle, camp, and enjoy photography, nature, music, and art in general. Have visited over 60 countries and traveled Chile extensively.
I like to meet people, and when they are in Chile, I help them enjoy this fascinating country as much as possible.