Check for Last minute deals starting at $225 night!!! Aloha Friends, The Puhala Hale is a newly constructed (Jan. 08) 4+ Bedroom, 2.5 Bath home, on the Big Island of Hawaii. It boasts panoramic ocean views a pool, billiard table and access to one of the most exclusive black sand beaches on the Big Island. Leave the pressures of life behind and relax at this one-of-a-kind retreat
The Puhala Hale is perfect vacation spot to relax by the sea away from traffic congestion, airport noise pollution and the hustle and bustle of “in-town” resorts and crowded tourist areas. At the end of nearly every day, you can enjoy an exceptionally beautiful sunset. The Puhala offers spectacular ocean views from nearly every room and the large tiled and covered lanais are perfect for relaxing while enjoying the coastal sea breezes. The cooling breezes and the sun-warmed, dry climate is year long in South Kona, and the homes location is at an ideal elevation for temperature, never too hot, or chilly.
The Puhala Hale is located 33 miles south from Kailua-Kona, and 63 miles from the Volcano. The 45-minute coastal drive south of Kailua-Kona through coffee country is well worth it to enjoy this rural retreat that is still convenient and within a ten-minute drive to groceries and more. Milolii is a quiet coastal area, perfect to relax and enjoy the layback Hawaiian lifestyle, though close enough to take short trips to golf, shop and fine dine. Puhala Hale is convenient to Kona and the Hilo Airports, as well as a short drive to Volcano National Park, City of Refuge, Black Sand Beach and Hawaii’s South Point. The Milolii area is world renowned for its pristine ocean waters and awesome deep-sea fishing opportunities. The area allows you to explore tide pools, caves and lava tubes while hiking along historical sites and ancient walls.
The Puhala Hale comes equipped with snorkel gear since it’s just a short drive down to the water and beaches were snorkeling and scuba diving is world class. Humpback Whale season is Dec.-March. So whale watching (and hearing at night) can become your favorite pastime. Just minutes to the beach, there is a small park with a secret trail head to the coconut lined black sand beach of Honomalino, where you may by chance get to swim with the sea turtles and spinner dolphins while sun tanning and enjoying the pristine beach and waters.
Puhala’s Amenities and Features Include:
• 4+ Bedrooms. 2.5 Baths, 2,551 Sq. Ft
• Swimming Pool
• 5th Bedroom/Recreation Room with Billiard Table, game console, poker table, stereo and flat screen TV
• 1-Acre Panoramic Ocean View Lot with Sweeping Concrete Drive
• First Class Builder Touches Throughout
• Fully Furnished with Contemporary Hawaiiana Decor
• Bamboo Harwood Floors, Travertine Tile with Luxury Wall to Wall Carpet in bedrooms
• Jacuzzi Tub in Master Bath
• 3 Flat Screen TVs/DVD/VCR with Games and Video Library
• Vintage Era Asian Bath Vanities with Designer Glass Vessel Sinks
• Top of the Line Ceiling Fans and Light Fixtures Throughout
• Italian Imported Granite Countertops and Breakfast Bar
• Gourmet kitchen with Solid Wood Cherry Cabinets
• Top of the Line Appliances and Wine and Water Coolers
• 5 Glass Sliding Doors that Bring the Ocean In
• Top of the Line Pillow Top Mattresses
• Designer and Vintage Hawaiian Art Throughout
• 9’ Ceilings and Mahogany Wood Trim Throughout
• Sleeps up to 10 Guests Comfortably
• Huge Tiled Covered Lanai with Finished Ceilings/Fan and Can Lighting, outdoor couch and dining table seating
Super Strict: 50% refund up until 30 days prior to arrival, except fees
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||No Charge|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$2065 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$6195 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||10:00 AM|
Shared my wifes 40th birthday with my family here. It was spectacular! The views, the location, the open spaces, the seclusion. Truly awesome! From shore dive close by to secret beach to lava tubes cliffs with tide pools, this place is a refuge. Will do it again for sure.
We had a great time at this super comfortable and relaxing oasis overlooking Milolii and Papa Bays. We arrived late our first night and after being up for 24 hrs we were able to locate the house in the dark with the clear directions that were given to us. The winding road down to the house was a trip and adventure. I missed it when we left for the east side of the island. The house has a great kitchen to cook in and everything you need. We made Mai Tais and grilled tuna and ono. We skinny dipped underneath the stars and did yoga on the patio. It was hard to leave the house because all we wanted to do was relax poolside and watch the cloud patterns and toast the sunset. We spent a day down the road at Milolii Beach. We took surf lessons in Kona. We drove north and picnicked at the Pololu Valley Lookout and swam at Hapuna Beach. Annie's Island Fresh Burgers was yummy too. The South Kona Fruit Stand nearby rocks!!! We bought a big box of fruit and every morning we sat on the lanui drinking Kona coffee, eating fresh pineapple, papaya, dragon fruit, bananas, rambutan, guava and passion fruit. I wish we could have stayed another week. The place was clean, tasteful and perfect for our needs and stay. Thank you!
The house is awesome. View, rooms etc.:Everything is great. Really can recommend! Fits 10 persons well.
Overall we had a nice stay in this house, but there are a few things you need to know before booking it.
We'll start with the pros:
- Nancy is very nice and helpful. We had to make some changes to our reservation after booking it, and she was very accommodating.
- The house itself is very nice, and has an amazing view. Definitely a good bang for your buck.
- The house is very, very remote from pretty much anywhere. If you want to go to the Kailua Kona area for activities, it's about an hour drive.
- No A/C in the house. It's ok in the evenings, but gets pretty hot during the day.
We enjoyed this beautiful home. The amenities were amazing and the house had something to please everyone in the family (and we were a big family). A BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL space, well kept and well set up. We look forward to seeing how Mioli town develops. The only draw back is that everything is a drive to get too, although the drives are beautiful.
This is a beautiful house with a stunning view of the Pacific. My husband, daughter and I loved our stay. We enjoyed the peace and quiet and just relaxed on the deck some days, and used it as a home base to tour the entire west coast of the island on other days.
Everything that we needed was provided and the house was very clean and comfortable.