Your perfect Summer retreat for two! Our romantic cottage with hot tub and fire pit offers the feeling of complete seclusion but only a couple of minutes walk from Phoenicia's lively Main Street. Hike the mountains from our backyard on the beautiful Tanbark Trail, tubing and fishing in the Esopus Creek just across the street . Swimming holes, lakes and waterfalls close by.
Luxurious spacious cottage with private entrance and large outdoor hot tub in its own courtyard. Feels secluded, but only 2 minutes walk from little town of Phoenicia- recently voted one of the six coolest small towns in the US by Budget Travel Magazine!
Our cottage is architect designed with attention to detail- beautiful cedar lofted ceiling with skylights, bamboo floors and glass doors overlooking a lovely secluded bluestone courtyard . Super comfortable memory foam Queen size bed and fold out futon. Beautiful hand crafted bathroom with river stone shower, Italian tiles and skylights. Wi fi and free Netflix movies via Roku . You'll love the private hot tub (exclusively for your use) offering uninterrupted views of the stars, marshmallow roasting opportunities in our outdoor fire pit and hammock for those lazy Summer days. Perfect for couples seeking a quiet romantic getaway.
Our cottage has a little kitchenette with sink, hotplates, toaster oven, microwave, fridge, coffee maker and basic utensils- great for preparing breakfast and small meals . There is a charcoal grill in the courtyard for tasty summer barbecues.
Trailways bus direct from the Port Authority in NYC will land you within a couple of minutes walk from our cottage.
Miles of pristine hiking trails await, easily accessible from behind the cottage on Phoenicia's historic Tanbark Trail. You'll enjoy amazing views of Phoenicia and surrounding mountains as well as hike through untouched woodlands and see little waterfalls and streams along the way.
Dining options are abundant and close at hand. Brios has great wood fired pizzas. Tavern 214 has the classier cuisine. The Phoenicia Diner on Route 28 is amazing for farm to table brunch and was just written up in Vogue Magazine. The new "Pines" is definitely worth a visit- just 5 minutes away in Mt Tremper. Drive 10 minutes to dinner at The Peekamoose for locally sourced produce cooked with love and flair in a beautiful setting. The world class Emerson resort and Spa is three minutes away and boasts a wonderful cafe for healthy lunches and coffee as well as offering an array of spa treatments. Find something surprising at The Mystery Spot or visit our friend Dave at the Tenderland Home for some wonderful gift ideas. Monthly art openings at the Arts Upstairs are a blast and classic movies and home grown theater take center stage at the Shandaken Theatrical Society Theater.
Swimming is just across the street in the Esopus Creek . Ask Kerry about "secret " swimming holes close by. Woodland Valley just around the corner offers a beautiful and quiet six mile road perfect for cycling.
A haven for lovers, writers, artists, musicians, and outdoor enthusiasts alike.
Well behaved dogs welcome for additional $25 per night per pet (please contact Kerry before making a booking if you are a pet owner). The courtyard is fenced off so it is possible to let dogs outside off leash. The Parish Field out the back of our properties is perfect for dog (and human) walking- it accesses the clearly marked Tanbark Trail which takes you up into the mountains and offers wonderful views of Phoenicia and surrounding mountains.
Private cottage with its own fenced off courtyard and entrance and hot tub exclusively for cottage guest use.
Interaction with guests
We are always available by phone or email with any questions or concerns. We live in Woodstock, just 15 minutes away so can be at the cottage quickly if needed.
Other things to note
Well behaved pets welcome for an additional $25 per night per pet. We make every effort to ensure all systems are working efficiently- very occasionally things break or malfunction and we will do our best to get them back to working order asap. We do not offer refunds for interruptions to electricity, hot water system, air conditioning systems, wi fi or hot tub etc.
Since cottage is extremely popular we often need to drain and refill the hot tub between bookings on the same day Hot tubs require time to reheat particularly in cold weather so we cannot guarantee tub will be at optimum temperature to use upon arrival. We appreciate your understanding and hope you enjoy the hot tub!
1. No smoking inside please. You are welcome to smoke outside in the private courtyard. DO NOT LEAVE CIGARETTE BUTTS ON THE GROUND.
2.The Rinnai heater is very efficient- just push the ON button, and before long the space will be cozy. In the interests of energy conservation and keeping rates low for future guests please do not set beyond maximum temperature of 70 degrees. DO NOT OPEN WINDOWS OR DOORS IN WINTER TO REDUCE HEAT- simply turn down heater and wait. PLEASE TURN HEATER DOWN WHEN LEAVING FOR EXTENDED PERIODS AND TURN HEATER OFF WHEN CHECKING OUT.
3. PLEASE TURN AIR CONDITIONER OFF WHEN LEAVING FOR EXTENDE(URL HIDDEN) PERIODS AND TURN OFF WHEN CHECKING OUT.
4. Check in is 4PM. Check out is by 12PM on day of departure unless otherwise arranged.
5. Well behaved pets welcome for an extra fee of $25 per dog per night. If you are a pet owner please check in with Kerry before making a booking. No dogs to be left unattended in the cottage. Please keep pets off furniture unless you bring a special cover. You will be charged for any damages caused by pets or additional cleaning required due to pets in the studio. Please curb you dog. Cats are not permitted.
6. Only number of guests approved at time of booking permitted to stay in cottage. Any extra guests are the sole responsibility of the person making the booking.
6. No refunds in event of storms or inclement weather. No refunds for electrical outages.
7. We make every effort to ensure all systems are working efficiently- very occasionally things break or malfunction and we will do our best to get them back to working order asap. We do not offer refunds for interruptions to electricity, hot water system, air conditioning systems, wi fi or hot tub etc.
8. The cottage, hot tub and surrounding yard and walkway are not child proof. Children are welcome to stay, but please watch your child at all times. No children under 18 years old in hot tub without adult supervision at any time.
9. . The Cottage is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
9. No parties or rowdy activity permitted. Though we live in the countryside, we are in a quiet residential area with strict noise ordinances. Please respect our neighbors. We will ask you to leave if we receive any complaints about excessive noise.
10. No soap or oils allowed in hot tub. Please shower before using tub.
This host has 185 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi! It's such a pleasure to be hosting on airbnb.
I am originally from New Zealand and my wife Rebecca is from Scotland. We have been living in the States for the past 14 years. I'm an opera singer and have sung at opera houses and concert halls around the world. My time at the Sydney Opera House was my favorite! I love music,, nature, being with my family, and writing.
I'm a festival organizer and opera producer- a sort of self styled "operapreneur". I started the The Phoenicia International Festival of the Voice a few years back and I now run the Kingston Festival of the Arts and Opera Theater of Kingston in my newly adopted favorite city- Kingston, NY.
We have two young kids- Edrick and Rosa. Edrick is 5 and a wild nature boy Rosa is 11 and is an amazing pop singer, fashionista and artiste.
We have lived in many places around the world, but think Phoenicia is one of the most beautiful- the nature is astounding. Phoenicia is definitely one of the few remaining 'outpost towns'- somehow untouched by the rest of the world. It's sort of fun living over half an hour from the nearest mall, in a sort of semi-wilderness but only a couple of hours from the biggest city on earth!