About this listing
Your perfect winter retreat! Our lovely cottage with hot tub and fire pit offers the feeling of complete seclusion but only a couple of minutes walk from the restaurants and cafes on Main Street. Hike the mountains from our backyard. Skiing close by!
Luxurious and cozy cottage with private entrance and large outdoor hot tub in its own courtyard. Feels secluded, but only 2 minutes walk from little town of Phoenicia- recently voted one of the six coolest small towns in the US by Budget Travel Magazine! Only 15 minutes drive from Woodstock. 10 minutes from winter sports at Belleayre Mountain. 20 minutes from Hunter Mountain.
Our cottage is architect designed with attention to detail- beautiful cedar lofted ceiling with skylights, bamboo floors and glass doors overlooking a lovely secluded bluestone courtyard . Super comfortable memory foam Queen size bed and fold out futon. Wi fi and free Netflix movies via Roku . You'll love the hot tub (exclusively for your use) offering uninterrupted views of the stars as well as marshmallow roasting opportunities in our outdoor fire pit, Perfect for couples seeking a quiet romantic getaway or small family.
Trailways bus direct from the Port Authority in NYC will land you within a couple of minutes walk from the studio.
Our cottage has a little kitchenette with microwave, fridge, toaster and very basic utensils- we are NOT set up for cooking but just steps from a number of great restaurants and cafes. Hey, who wants to cook when you're on vacation, anyway?
Miles of pristine hiking trails await, easily accessible from behind the cottage.
Dining options are abundant and close at hand. Brios has great wood fired pizzas. Tavern 214 has the classier cuisine. The Phoenicia Diner on Route 28 was just written up in Vogue Magazine and Tavern 214 is awesome. Drive 10 minutes to dinner at The Peekamoose for locally sourced produce cooked with love and flair in a beautiful setting. The world class Emerson resort and Spa is three minutes away and boasts the wonderful Phoenix restaurant as well as offering an array of spa treatments. Enjoy a latte and free wi fi at Mama's Boys Coffee Shop or find something surprising at The Mystery Spot or visit our friend Dave at the Tenderland Home for some wonderful gift ideas. Monthly art openings at the Arts Upstairs are a blast and classic movies and home grown theater take center stage at the Shandaken Theatrical Society Theater.Take a train ride along the Esopus Creek from the Railway Museum just around the corner.
Walk five minutes in any direction, and you are in the middle of unbridled wilderness. Wonderful hiking accessible from behind our property on the scenic and historic Tanbark Trail., swimming across the street in the Esopus Creek, cross country skiing, snow tubing trout fishing, seasonal festivals, you name it!.
A haven for lovers, writers, artists, musicians, and outdoor enthusiasts alike.
Well behaved dogs welcome for additional $25 per night per pet (please contact Kerry before making a booking if you are a pet owner). The courtyard is fenced off so it is possible to let dogs outside off leash. The Parish Field out the back of our properties is perfect for dog (and human) walking- it accesses the clearly marked Tanbark Trail which takes you up into the mountains and offers wonderful views of Phoenicia and surrounding mountains.
Please note that if the cottage is booked we have another fantastic space on the same property- a 1000 square foot private spa loft with huge bathroom with walk in steam shower and two person soaker tub. Just click my profile picture to check out details and availability. We also recently opened a beautiful one bedroom apartment in Woodstock, NY - our cozy Woodstock space offers a private infrared sauna and studio/sitting room and all amenities- again click my profile picture to check it out.
Private cottage with its own fenced off courtyard and entrance and hot tub exclusively for cottage guest use.
Interaction with Guests
We are always available by phone or email with any questions or concerns. We have marvelous caretakers living in the main house who are on hand if any urgent situations arise.
Phoenicia is Old World Americana- a hidden gem of a town on the verge of rediscovery. Nestled between the foothills of Mt Tremper and the Esopus Creek, this little town is something special!
Adirondack Trailways offers regular bus service from Port Authority to downtown Phoenicia. From the Phoenicia stop our property is just a few minutes walk.
1. No smoking inside please. You are welcome to smoke outside in the private courtyard. DO NOT LEAVE CIGARETTE BUTTS ON THE GROUND.
2.The Rinnai heater is very efficient- just push the ON button, and before long the space will be cozy. In the interests of energy conservation and keeping rates low for future guests please do not set beyond maximum temperature of 70 degrees. DO NOT OPEN WINDOWS OR DOORS IN WINTER TO REDUCE HEAT- simply turn down heater and wait. PLEASE TURN HEATER DOWN WHEN LEAVING FOR EXTENDED PERIODS AND TURN HEATER OFF WHEN CHECKING OUT.
3. PLEASE TURN AIR CONDITIONER OFF WHEN LEAVING FOR EXTENDED PERIODS AND TURN OFF WHEN CHECKING OUT.
4. Check in is 4PM. Check out is by 12PM on day of departure unless otherwise arranged.
5. Well behaved pets welcome for an extra fee of $25 per dog per night. If you are a pet owner please check in with Kerry before making a booking. No dogs to be left unattended in the cottage. Please keep pets off furniture unless you bring a special cover. You will be charged for any damages caused by pets or additional cleaning required due to pets in the studio. Please curb you dog. Cats are not permitted.
6. Only number of guests approved at time of booking permitted to stay in cottage. Any extra guests are the sole responsibility of the person making the booking.
6. No refunds in event of storms or inclement weather.
7. We make every effort to ensure all systems are working efficiently- very occasionally things break or malfunction and we will do our best to get them back to working order asap. We do not offer refunds for interruptions to electricity, hot water system, air conditioning systems, wi fi or hot tub etc.
8. The cottage, hot tub and surrounding yard and walkway are not child proof. Children are welcome to stay, but please watch your child at all times. No children under 16 years old in hot tub without adult supervision at any time.
9. . The Cottage is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
9. No parties or rowdy activity permitted. Though we live in the country side, we are in a quiet residential area with strict noise ordinances. Please respect our neighbors. We will ask you to leave if we receive any complaints about excessive noise.
10. The hot tub uses large amounts of energy. Please help us keep our nightly rates low by turning heat down to 60 degrees when you leave and keep lid on tub whenever you are not using it. Never take soap or oils into the tub.