About this listing
Our cozy cottage located in our backyard garden is your own private oasis. Queen bed, hardwood floors, walk-in shower, high-speed internet, and a 1/2 acre lot right outside your door--complete with chickens and the cutest pot-belly pig in Austin.
This fantastic backyard garden oasis has been completely remodeled and is available for rent by the night. Hardwood floors, AC unit, heater, queen-size bed with a fluffy duvet. Fully equipped bathroom with walk-in shower, large closet and a an aquarium for you to enjoy. Small refrigerator and microwave for your convenience. Coffee pot and toaster. Free Wi-Fi!
Enjoy a private entrance onto our beautiful 1/2 acre lot. Take in the fresh air while sitting in the Adirondack Chairs right outside your door or spend the day reveling in all that Austin has to offer. We are 2 1/2 miles from downtown Austin and the U.T. campus. There is a bus stop just a short walk up the street or rent one of our bikes while you are here. Check-out time is 11:00 am (noon) and check-in time is after 2:00 pm.
No minimum stay. Rates START at $75 per night or $500 per week. Also available for rent by the month. Please look at calendar carefully as rates are subject to increase during festivals and other high traffic times (SXSW, ACL, F1, etc.) Price increases are reflected on the calendar!
Guests are welcome to enjoy everything our backyard has to offer. Play with the cats, give treats to the pig, throw the ball to the dogs, sing to the chickens, lounge in the hammock or adirondack chairs.
Interaction with Guests
We LOVE to chat with our guests, but also understand when people are looking for a private retreat. We live in the main house and spend a lot of time on our back porch and in the yard. Come talk to us and visit whenever you want. Or ask our girls to sing for you, do a gymnastics routine, or put on a theatrical play. They love the attention!
What do we love most about our neighborhood? The fact that we have a HUGE lot so close to downtown. It's like having a little bit of the country in the city.
We live a couple blocks away from bus line #20, which goes directly into downtown. It's about a 10 minute ride to the UT campus. 15 minutes to the heart of downtown. Our buses are equipped with bicycle racks too!
We have plenty of parking available if you have your own car, which I highly recommend to guests who want to see all that Austin has to offer.
1. We LOVE pets, but please leave yours at home.
2. Speaking of pets, please enjoy ours while you are here.
3. Smoking (cigarettes, folks; not the special stuff) is okay as long as it happens outside and not in the trailer.
4. Although we want you, the guests, to enjoy the trailer and our yard as much as you can, please ask us before inviting others to join you.
5. Stay up as late as you want, but please keep it quiet after 10 pm. We want our neighbors to continue liking us. :)
The place was gorgeous and so inviting. Marcella and her family are very friendly and accommodating! Wish I could've stayed longer. Hope I can get back to Austin!
M&M provided a wonderful experience for me while I stayed during RTX 2015. Their welcome was warm, air conditioning cold, and Toffee delicious! I highly recommend anyone and everyone stay with them, and should I come back to Austin, I will book with them, without a doubt in my mind. 10/10
We felt very welcome and it was easy to find from the directions. Marcella was away but had left her very pleasant niece to welcome us. You needed a car to get around as there was not much in the immediate neighborhood but everything was within a short drive and Marcella left a list of great things to do in the cottage. The cottage was cosy and comfortable.
This home was beautiful inside and out, the pups, the piggy, the decor was all so inviting and creative. We miss that bed too, SUPER comfortable. And thank you for the delicious treats Marcella, we will be returning!
I cannot recommend Marcella's (and family's) place enough. Great, great space with everything you need, in an amazing garden. The animals were great and friendly and the pig was very entertaining. Marcella herself was amazing and made us feel more than welcome. If you're going to stay in Austin, this is the place! We will definitely come back.
We had a fantastic time here. The cottage was adorable and the animals were all super friendly and cute.
Everything about this listing was as-advertised. My wife and I will gladly provide another glowing, 5-star review. The cottage was cozy and convenient to everything we wanted to do on our last night in Austin. The pig, chickens and cats are all part of the ambiance, and the hosts and their family are incredible. You will look back on your stay as a satisfied customer not only because of the accommodations, but also because these are genuinely good people and you're helping them do great things in their community.
This host has 255 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Marcella
Hi! My name is Marcella. Here's a little about me:
1) I have an amazing partner, Meredith, and an ever fluctuating number of kids living with us.
2) The reason why the number of kids changes is because we are foster parents.
3) Being a foster mom is the hardest and most rewarding thing I have ever done.
4) I began hosting on airbnb as a way to supplement our income and allow me to stay home with our kiddos.
5) I'm so glad I did, because I LOVE being an airbnb host!
6) When I have some free time, I love to garden or putter around outside doing projects.
7) I love animals but never expected to have quite so many.
8) I also never expected to be washing so much laundry as an adult. :)
9) I make really good English Toffee.
10) I always share some of my toffee with guests. :)