About this listing
"Top Of The World" Cabin/Chalet with breathtaking views overlooking the mountains and Ski Lodge. Watch skiers going down the slopes from all three levels and Trams below. Minutes from the excitement of downtown Gatlinburg.
Our cabin boasts three stories of comfort, including TVs with VCR and DVD set-up, cable TV, two wood burning fireplaces. There is level parking for 3 cars, and features two full-length outdoor decks.
Our chalet in the mountains above Gatlinburg offers a full kitchen with all the needed appliances and cookware. Guests can unwind in the hot tub, cook food on a gas grill and finish their laundry with the washer and dryer. At one of three nearby Chalet village guest club houses, guests can swim, play tennis, workout at the gym, use the pool table, play in the kids playground etc
A common site for even the locals to stop and gasp. Incredible is the word that may come to mind as you first step on the deck. Whether watching the skiers, or relishing in the, "Top of the World" views of the smoky mountains, you or your guest will surely be mesmerized from almost any room of this 4 bedroom/ 3 bath home. If the views aren't enough, the home also offers a stone fireplace, hardwood floors, pool table, foosball, hot-tub and lots of decking to enjoy the exquisite surroundings.
8 minutes from downtown Gatlinburg and a short drive from Dollywood and Pigeon Forge.
As fellow house renters, we realize the importance of a good nights sleep. All our rooms have new beds with high-thread count sheets and blackout shades. We use bedbug protective covers on all our mattresses and pillows so that you and I can sleep safely :-)
Interaction with Guests
The cabin is equipped with a digital keypad so you can check-in and check-out at your leisure. If there are ever any problems, we are only a phone call, text or email away.
Other Things to Note
OUR CABIN IS 100% NON SMOKING AND PET FREE. A minimum stay subject to change is required during the holidays and peak seasons.
RENTAL AGREEMENT - FOR EVERYONE'S PROTECTION
Please take the time to read the entire policy below.
Your acceptance of the rental agreement means acceptance to all the items in this policy, in addition to the terms of the Rental Agreement. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
OUR CABIN IS 100% NON SMOKING AND PET FREE
• SMOKING: Smoking is NOT permitted inside of the home. If it is determined that smoking did occur inside the home, an additional fee will be charged against your damage security deposit to cover the cost of smoke removal and any damages incurred.
• MINIMUM STAYS: Holidays, weekends and Peak Seasons may require a minimum stay.
• CHECK-IN: Check-In time is after 4:00 PM (or as soon as your rental home has been fully inspected and prepared for your arrival).
• CHECK-OUT: Check-out time is before 11:00 AM. Upon check-out, please leave home in the same condition as when you arrived, including but not limited to, cleaning of grills, if used. Trash may be left bagged in outside trash cans. You should be out of the home by 11:00 AM. All windows and doors are to be secured before guests vacate the premises.
• RENTAL CAPACITY: Our home description states the maximum number of people the house sleeps, including children as 10. This reflects the septic capacity of the property and beds in the home, and should never be exceeded. If your group exceeds the maximum occupancy as stated, this is treated as a material breach of your lease agreement and grounds for an expedited eviction. Additional guests visiting for a limited period of time must be approved in advance.
• FAMILY GROUPS WELCOME: Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to vacate the premises immediately, without refund. Likewise, our rental agreements require the renter to be at least 24 years old.
• MAINTENANCE, REFUNDS: We make every effort to ensure all equipment is in working order at our home. Please report any inoperative equipment promptly! Every effort will be made to have the problem corrected. There will be no reduction of rent for any mechanical failure of air conditioning, dishwasher, washer, dryer, TV, VCR, DVD, Swimming Pool, or appliances. There are no refunds for inclement weather, including hurricanes. We have also made every effort to assure that the descriptions of our properties are correct.
. Charges associated with accidental damage may be waived if; you report It. If you observe property damage, whether caused by a member of your party or not, you need to let us know. The most important thing is that we have the opportunity to make repairs and correct the situation so your vacation is not hampered. Accidents happen. The premise of the waiver is that accidents will occur and we want to minimize or even eliminate your costs if they do. The waiver does not include costs relating to damage that we consider intentional or negligent.
Limitations & Exclusions: Charges relating to damages that are unreported, intentional or due to negligence are not covered under this plan. Such damages and the cost to correct them is the responsibility of the guest who rented the property. We reserve the sole right to determine whether damage is accidental or not.
• CLEANING: To ensure our homes are always clean, an inspection will occur after each departure by housekeeping. Trash may be left bagged in outside trash can. Guest are expected to perform reasonable cleaning during their stay, i.e. cleaning spills, sweeping, etc. Please leave furniture and other contents in original location and condition. During your stay, If the sofa or chairs get stained, please remove slipcover and promptly wash in the washing machine downstairs. Failure to follow check-out instructions, abuse of premises, or the need for more than basic departure cleaning could result in a charge to Guest's security deposit.
• DAMAGE/MISSING ITEMS: All breakage and damage to your rental home during your stay must be reported before your departure so that we may settle the matter as soon as possible. Guest are responsible for and are expected to assume liability for any damage to the home and its' contents, other than normal wear and tear, during their occupancy. A careful inspection will be performed after your departure, and your deposit will be adjusted if any damage is found.
• DRIVING CONDITIONS: Our home is located on a mountain (Thus the name "Top Of The World"). Please come prepared to drive on these roads. If your vacation is in the winter months, you must come prepared to drive in snow and/or ice to reach our home. Please contact us with any questions you may have about the location of the rental home. Refunds cannot be given due to bad weather.
• AMENITIES: Our home is equipped with a central heating electric heat source, we also have fireplaces that offer supplemental heat. Our home has a fully equipped kitchen that provides refrigerator, range, dishes, pots, pans, silverware, etc. Dishwasher detergent & dish washing liquid are supplied in quantities sufficient for a weekend stay. GUESTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BRINGING SOAP, DETERGENTS, STAPLES AND PERSONAL ITEMS. Don't forget a flashlight if you are arriving or departing after dark.
• ITEMS LEFT AT RENTAL HOME: We will not be responsible for personal items left in the homes at check-out. We will be glad to work with guest in returning in person or by mail any lost and found items. Any items found in in the home that are not claimed within 14 days will be donated to charity.
• LINENS: We provide sheets and towels with your rental. Please do not remove linens from the premises.
• FIREPLACES: While we do offer the use of fireplaces in our cabin. Be advised that we do not provide wood for wood-burning fireplaces at any time. **FIREPLACE SEASON IS OCTOBER THRU FEBRUARY**
• GRILLS: Our home provides a gas grill. Grilling is only permitted the designated grill area on the deck. Gas refills for the grill are the guests responsibility. Grills must be cleaned before guests check-out to avoid security deposit charge.
• USE OF PROPERTY: The cabin may not be used for any activity which violates local, state, or federal laws, TN insurance rules and regulations, or subdivision restrictions.
• VEHICLES: No motor homes, campers, or tents are allowed at rental cabin. If more than 3 cars are arriving at the home, please ask in advance about parking arrangements. Park only in designated areas. No parking allowed on grass. Absolutely no ATV's or 4-wheelers are allowed.
• HUNTING: No hunting, or shooting of firearms is allowed at the cabin.
• FIREWORKS: No fireworks of any kind allow on cabin premises.
• OPEN FIRES: No open fires are permitted.
• SMOKE DETECTORS: Guests are to check smoke detector operation upon arrival and notify the homeowner of any malfunction.
• EXTENDED STAYS: For guests wishing to stay in our beautiful cabin for a period of one month or more, we offer a discounted rate.
We are a curious family of world travellers. We've lived in five continents and enjoyed the people, food and cultures of some of the most beautiful places in the world.
We've finally returned back home to the US to settle and put down roots for our kids. As with anyone who has had a taste of the world, our curiosity of the world and nomadic instincts keep us exploring and traveling all over the US and world. With our kids in tow, we've been to many more new and old exciting places. Seeing the world through their young and unprejudiced eyes gives us even more reasons to wander to Africa, Berlin, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, London, Cannes, Madrid, Switzerland, Dubia, Qatar, UAE, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Panama, China, Singapore, Thailand, Belize ....... to name a few.
When we're not traveling, we split our time between the places we call home in the mountains of Tennessee and beaches of Florida. We would love to share the keys to our homes with you, because "Not all who wander are lost" :)