1st Floor 1 Bedroom Flat/Apartment includes Kitchen, bathroom, living room, Flat Screen TV+internet TV, Hi-Speed WiFi. Two close-by subway lines that take you directly into Manhattan. Neighborhood is safe with restaurants/supermarkets close by.
WELCOME TO THE BRONX as featured on CNN's Anthony Bourdain's : Parts Unknown Season 04 Episode 02!
Our apartment is a Wireless Internet equipped Private Flat/Apartment. Only you and your guests will occupy the Flat/Apartment during your stay. The Flat/Apartment has a bedroom, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a living room. For your entertainment the living room has a Flat screen tv + Xbox which gives you access to Fios internet TV. Internet WiFi is very fast allowing you to quickly search and plan your day. For those traveling with a car, our apartment has always available FREE Street Parking right outside the flat/apartment.
My parents (your hosts) are conveniently located above and are available if you need them throughout your stay.
You will have access to all amenities in the apartment. Please see all our amenities provided in the amenities section.
Interaction with Guests
Our parents love welcoming all our guests, getting to know a little about you, and offering tips and advice about New York City. But as this listing is for a private apartment, interaction will be as much or as little as you desire it to be.
Situated right in the heart of the Bronx where you're an easy subway ride into Manhattan. Can reach all tourist destinations including Grand Central Station, Times Square, 9/11 Memorial, and all others.
If your destination is the Bronx you're in arms length of major highways, close to all Bronx hospitals, a short bus ride to Fordham University, and within walking distance to the world famous New York Botanical Garden and Bronx Zoo.
Our apartment is great if you want save costs, in exchange for a normal New Yorker's commute into the city, a great way to experience New York as a local. The Flat/Apartment is located close to two major subway lines that take you directly into Manhattan easily without transfers. The 2 line takes you along the west side of Manhattan, and the 5 line takes you along the east side of Manhattan. Both train lines are a several minutes away on foot. We recommend taking the 5 train between 6am and 9am to catch the EXPRESS.
Other Things to Note
We do allow pets, but we consider them the 5th guest. Please adjust your guest count to appropriately reflect your pet.
Pets must be house trained, showered, cleaned, and groomed prior to arrival. Pets must be curbed at all times (Picked up afterwards - in and outside of the house). Any pet damage must be reported to us immediately on Airbnb. Please contact us for more details.
LARGE GROUPS (Over four Adults)
Our recommended maximum is five (5) Adults if your group wants a comfortable place to sleep. We can provide an additional Air Mattress which can sleep another two Adults comfortably in the apartment. After the 7th guest additional air mattresses can be provided but it will be very tight in the apartment but we will allow it if you're okay and understand this.
1) Have fun and enjoy your stay in New York City as much as you can.
2) Enjoy the Apartment, but please be respectful of our apartment and our property in it.
3) Please no smoking in the house. You may go across the street where you may smoke outside.
4) Please no over night guests unless you have included them in the reservation.
5) No pets are allowed on the premises unless otherwise permitted and included in your reservation as the 5th guest.
6) Make sure to clean up after yourself, including use of the kitchen.
7) For long term stays, if you need to receive mail please get a PO box or arrange to have your mail collected elsewhere.
8) Feel free to use the stove and the fridge. If you use the stove please make sure it is turned off after you are done. Please also make sure to remove all of your food from the fridge when you leave. Yes, even unused food. We understand that it may still be good and usable but chances are that if we did not buy it we will have no use for it so please take it with you!
8) Checkout is at 11AM on the last day of your stay. If you would like to leave your bags after 11AM on your last day you may do so but you have to ask first.
9) You understand that by booking through this service you are only staying for the duration that you requested and paid for. You agree that additional nights will not be granted unless you book again through Airbnb.
10) NO DRUGS!! THE AUTHORITIES WILL BE CALLED, YOU WILL BE KICKED OUT AND YOUR RESERVATION WILL BE FORFEIT IF YOU ARE USING DRUGS HERE.
11) Turn off all lights when you leave the room.
12) Unplug all devices from wall outlets if they're not in use - Please double check every time you leave the room.
13) Keep the Room clean and orderly at all times.
14) Please consume Alcoholic beverages responsibly.
15) If something is GREAT, tell your Friends. If something isn't right, tell us immediately!
16) Please leave a review on Airbnb after your stay.
17) Please notice we do not charge a cleaning fee. You must leave the Room clean and orderly before you check out.
18) If you do not follow our House Rules you will be asked to leave.
Please remember before checking out make sure you have grabbed all your belongings, and double check again before you leave. We will not be responsible for items lost or left behind.
Check-in is anytime after 4pm on the first day of your stay. If you would like to leave your bags before check-in time on your first day you may do so but you have to ask first.
TRASH & RECYLING
PLEASE RECYCLE! We have trash & recycling bins located outside in the garden which you can empty your trash & recycling items throughout your stay and on CHECK-OUT day. Please place RECYCLING items in a small separate bag in the BLUE recycling trash bin. If you need additional small bags contact my parents or message us on Airbnb.
The house is perfect that we can get everything from it, host is very kind and helpful, he show the every details about the house for us, and the location also convenient!
Wir haben diese Unterkunft zu zweit für 2 Wochen gebucht, um bei unserem ersten NY-Trip den doch teuren Unterkünften direkt in Manhattan aus dem Weg zu gehen. Zu den ersten Bedenken, ob die Bronx dem düsteren und kriminellen Klischee entspricht, wie es manche böse Zungen gerne noch behaupten, kann man schnell Entwarnung geben. Es erinnert an eine ruhige Vorstadt-Gegend mit großen Straßen und harmloser Nachbarschaft, wo gerne auch gegrüßt wird. 5 Minuten Fußmarsch trennen von der nächsten Haltestelle, um dann mit der Metro nach 15 bis 30 Minuten in Manhatten zu sein, je nach Ziel. Die Unterkunft selbst bietet für 2 Personen ausreichend Platz, ist leider etwas hellhörig, kennt man aber auch in Deutschland aus manchen Mietwohnungen. Die Sauberkeit ist in Ordnung, man darf aber keinen Hotel-Standard erwarten. Man sieht dass hier Menschen leben. Mit WiFi, Fernsehen, oder Netflix ist man bestens versorgt, die Küche kann ebenfalls benutzt werden, für uns war es immer nett nach einem aufregenden und anstrengenden Tag wieder "nach Hause" zu kommen. Der Kontakt zu den Gastgebern funktionierte wunderbar, schnelle Antworten und ein sympathischer Eindruck. Wer für einige Tage günstig unterkommen möchte und nicht allzu 'pingelig" ist, der wird hier auf seine Kosten kommen.
This was our second stay at Christian & Carla's flat in the Bronx and as in the previous year we enjoyed the visit very much. The flat is exactly as described. It is large and well equipped and very accommodating. There is a bus stop right in front of the house and the subway is nearby. A small deli is across the street. During our stay New York city experienced some of the coldest temperatures in the last 30 years and we were comfortable in the flat at all times. We will be returning to NYC in the future and hope to be able to stay here. We would unhesitatingly recommend this flat to any of our friends who visit the New York City area.
Carla and Christian were very responsive to inquiries. The apartment was clean and nice. Overall, a good experience.
This place is absolutely amazing. The decor, the linen the whole atmosphere. I honestly for the first in my life have nothing bad to say. It snowed twice I was there and the door way was shoveled promtley. We had a little trouble using the keyless entry and the host was always their to help, either by phone or inperson. The bus stop is right infront if the house. Thanks very much I will definitely stay again
Hosts family were welcoming and apartment was as described. We had an enjoyable Christmas stay!!
This host has 99 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
We're Christian and Carla, and our family hopes to host your stay in New York City.
Feel at home while you're in New York City. We have an extra bedroom in our parent's apartment that is available for your New York City visit! We have the misfortune that we may likely not meet during your visit, but our parents are the best hosts -- just read our reviews from previous guests! Throughout the entire Airbnb process we will keep communication with you all the way until after check-out, and we always do our best to quickly respond to any questions.
Our family and us look forward to making your New York City stay an affordable and memorable one.
Be sure to visit all our listings and reserve your New York City Holiday/Vacation with us!
Christian & Carla