Casitas Kinsol is a Guest House with 8 rooms for rent in Puerto Morelos, on the Mayan Riviera, 25 minutes South of the airport international of Cancun and 4 blocks from the main bus stop in town. It resides in the heart of the “Colonia” of Puerto Morelos conveniently located between Cancun and Playa del Carmen and only 2 miles to the beach. Surrounded by many eateries, grocery stands and stores, the guest house offers 8 romantic rooms and bungalows; 4 with kitchenettes and 4 without and all the rooms have basic amenities at low prices for double occupancy. The rooms come with private baths, hot showers, air fans and each with unique décor designed by the owners. Most of them come with WI-FI.
- All our rooms are now listed on AirBnB so that you can choose the one that you really like. We may have some rooms available even when the AirBnB calendars show no availability - Please contact us to inquiry about availability -
THE ROOM 3:
- The Maya Room is ground floor and in the southeast corner of the property. It is situated below the room #5 and it is uniquely designed with Mayan art. This is the quietest of all the rooms. It is a tile and stucco designed room; this room, larger than #2 offers a full-size (double) bed and a twin-size (single) bed so it accommodates 3 people easily (the 3rd person is charged $12 US per night). This private bathroom offers a hot shower. All windows are screened. No kitchenette.
A DIFFERENT CONCEPT IN LODGING:
- No luxury. Rustic bungalows / huts (palapas) and rooms with a touch of sophistication that comes from the unique and personal decoration of each room. Only 8 cabins/palapas (bungalows) give a cozy ambiance and friendly atmosphere. Some rooms come a thatched roof - The breakfast is not provided -
A VERY CONVENIENT LOCATION:
- You are downtown Puerto Morelos, the town, two blocks from the main square on the West side of Highway MX307; however you will wake up to the multiple songs of the birds and the roosters.
- Less than five minute drive to the beach (2 miles). We rent bicycles (at extra cost) so that the beach appears even closer.
- Easy access to cheap public transportation (minibus or taxis). The first class long range bus stop (ADO) is 3 blocks away, within walking distance.
- Less than 8 minutes drive (5.5 miles) to the newly open convention center of CancunMesse.
- Half way between Cancun and Playa del Carmen; this is the perfect location to explore the Riviera Maya (25 minutes to the airport of Cancun, 35 minutes to Cancun, 30 minutes to Playa del Carmen, 1h45 minutes to Tulum, 4 hours to Chichen-itza).
- In the heart of the local population: this means that you can find plenty of affordable and tasty small restaurants and eateries within 2 or 3 blocks around the property. Convenient stores, mini-market stores, grocery store and also fruits and vegetables stands are nearby: get a quart of freshly squeezed juice for less than MX$15.00 Pesos -
- GPS coordinates:
- Latitude: 20°51'27.66"N
- Longitude: 86°53'58.38"W
- Rates starting at $30.00 US dollars per night per room for a couple ($12.00 US Dollars per extra person per night). This price includes:
- a clean bedroom with its private bath (with hot water in the shower).
- each room comes with one full size (double size) bed. Some rooms have also an extra individual bed.
- a fan in each room - No A/C: the natural breeze, the shade provided by the vegetation and the traditional materials used in the construction of the bungalows and the rooms help provide most of the rooms with a nearly constant temperature.
- WIFI wireless internet access reach all rooms (except the room 8): so, bring your own laptop or web enabled phone. -
PERSONALIZED SERVICES AND FRIENDLY ATTENTION:
- We (the owners) spend endless hours on the property and we love to do our best to make sure that your stay will meet all your expectations. We know most of the "out-of-the-beaten-paths" tours, excursions and hidden paradises of the area; feel free to ask for advises and recommendations -
PETS ARE WELCOME:
- We have pets on site: three dogs (a mini pinscher and two "malich"): they work hard as hosts and they love to be petted at any time of the day or the night. Your pets are welcome (at extra cost) if they are well behaved and friendly to other pets and humans. They are NOT allowed to jump on furniture, to be on the bed / to be in the bed -
VISITORS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD:
At Casitas Kinsol, we have had visitors from 69 countries:
Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Basque Country, Belgium, Brazil, Bosnia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Egypt, England, Estonia, Euskadi, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kosovo, La Reunion, Lithuania, Mexico, Mongolia, Monte Negro, Netherlands, New-Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scandinavia, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tahiti, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, ... -
Feel free to look at our web site for more information and photos: you can find it by doing a search with the keyword "Casitas-Kinsol".
We interact as much as we possibly can with all our guests. When the opportunities arises, we love to take off with our guests on a tour or for a small drink at a local neighborhood bar or restaurant.
Ha sido muy lindo quedarme nuevamente en casitas kinsol. Como siempre, Christine y Alain han sido estupendos anfitriones. En particular, la ayuda brindada por Alain en cuanto a horarios de transporte fue invaluable. En resumen, todo excelente!
We stayed our first and our two last nights of our vacation at Casitas Kinsol. It was wonderful, Christine and Allan are the best hosts you can imagine. The hole place is really lovely and decorated with a lot of passion! They showed us their garden, opened a coconut to test for us and gave us good advises about what to do (the botanical garden is worth to visit - spider monkeys!!!) and where to eat! Thank you very much for this amazing experience and say hallo to Taxi, Nena and Tati (the cute dogs)!
This place is a little heaven - far from touristic crowd and close to the beach (short taxi ride), clean, homey and with lots of local charm. We really enjoyed staying at Casitas Kinsol and will surely recommend it if you want an authentic yet charming and comfortable experience on riviera maya.
Casitas Kinsol is a special place! It's whimsical and eclectic in the most beautiful authentic way. The place made me smile soo much when I got there. Alain gave us a tour of the place and each room is unique and charming. The place embodies Christine's artistic personality. They are both wonderful people who gave us great travel tips and took good care. I wish we stayed there longer.
Must rent a car to get here. It's a 5 min drive from the beach in this quaint non-touristy town which is a different experience from the popular spots like Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Tulum.
We never met Christine, but Alain was very accommodating and pleasant. The guesthouse was a little tropical haven with a couple of lovely chill out areas and three beautiful dogs.
Room was fine - great for the price with all the basic amenities. Beach about two miles away in the local town. Had some great Quesadillas just round the corner.
We only stayed one short night at Casitas Kinsol but wish we'd had more time. Our hosts were extremely helpful in assisting us to order an early taxi to the airport and advising on good restaurants to visit.
The space itself is comfortable and beautifully decorated, with lovely furniture and a great open plan communal social area.
I would highly recommend- also very handy if you have an early flight from Cancun Airport (and can't face the horrors of Cancun!) it is 25 mins from airport.
Christine's place is very cozy. We very much enjoyed our stay there and she was very helpful and accommodating.
Our stay at Cassitas Kinsol was wonderful. The place was a 25 pesos taxi ride away from the beach. Allan helped us figure out bus schedules and was very approachable regarding any questions that we had. The neighborhood was friendly and non touristy. Our beds were made every day and the fan was very much appreciated. Very clean and beautiful! There was everything you would need in a kitchen in the common area, including aloe vera and sunblock. A great stay!
Stayed again on our last night in mexico. Cant say enough how much we enjoyed Kinsol. Perfect way to end a perfect trip. Allen was super friendly . Went as a stranger and left as a friend!
Awesome, very cool , beautiful place. We are going to stay again!