Casitas Kinsol is a Guest House with 8 rustic rooms for rent in Puerto Morelos, on the Mayan Riviera, 25 minutes South of the airport international of Cancun, conveniently located between Cancun and Playa del Carmen, and 4 blocks from the main bus stop in town. It resides in the heart of "La Colonia" (the part of the town where the locals live) of Puerto Morelos and only 2 miles to the beach: this is the perfect location for a full immersion in a Mexican neighborhood.
Surrounded by many eateries, grocery stands and stores, the guest house offers 8 romantic and rustic rooms and bungalows: 4 with kitchenettes and 4 without. All the rooms have basic amenities at low prices for double occupancy. The rooms come with private baths, hot showers, air fans and each with unique décor designed by the owners. Most of the rooms come with WiFi. 3 dogs are full-time hosts on the property.
- All our rooms are now listed on AirBnB so that you can choose the one that you really like. We may have some rooms available even when the AirBnB calendars show no availability - Please contact us to inquiry about availability -
THE ROOM 3:
- The Maya Room is ground floor and in the southeast corner of the property. It is situated below the room #5 and it is uniquely designed with Mayan art. This is the quietest of all the rooms. It is a tile and stucco designed room; this room, larger than #2 offers a full-size (double) bed and a twin-size (single) bed so it accommodates 3 people easily (the 3rd person is charged $12 US per night). This private bathroom offers a hot shower. All windows are screened. No kitchenette.
A DIFFERENT CONCEPT IN LODGING:
- No luxury. Rustic bungalows / huts (palapas) and rooms with a touch of sophistication that comes from the unique and personal decoration of each room. Only 8 cabins/palapas (bungalows) give a cozy ambiance and friendly atmosphere. Some rooms come a thatched roof - The breakfast is not provided -
A VERY CONVENIENT LOCATION:
- You are downtown Puerto Morelos, the town, two blocks from the main square on the West side of Highway MX307; however you will wake up to the multiple songs of the birds and the roosters.
- Less than five minute drive to the beach (2 miles). We rent bicycles (at extra cost) so that the beach appears even closer.
- Easy access to cheap public transportation (minibus or taxis). The first class long range bus stop (ADO) is 3 blocks away, within walking distance.
- Less than 8 minutes drive (5.5 miles) to the newly open convention center of CancunMesse.
- Half way between Cancun and Playa del Carmen; this is the perfect location to explore the Riviera Maya (25 minutes to the airport of Cancun, 35 minutes to Cancun, 30 minutes to Playa del Carmen, 1h45 minutes to Tulum, 4 hours to Chichen-itza).
- In the heart of the local population: this means that you can find plenty of affordable and tasty small restaurants and eateries within 2 or 3 blocks around the property. Convenient stores, mini-market stores, grocery store and also fruits and vegetables stands are nearby: get a quart of freshly squeezed juice for less than MX$15.00 Pesos -
- GPS coordinates:
- Latitude: 20°51'27.66"N
- Longitude: 86°53'58.38"W
- Rates starting at $30.00 US dollars per night per room for a couple ($12.00 US Dollars per extra person per night). This price includes:
- a clean bedroom with its private bath (with hot water in the shower).
- each room comes with one full size (double size) bed. Some rooms have also an extra individual bed.
- a fan in each room - No A/C: the natural breeze, the shade provided by the vegetation and the traditional materials used in the construction of the bungalows and the rooms help provide most of the rooms with a nearly constant temperature.
- WIFI wireless internet access reach all rooms (except the room 8): so, bring your own laptop or web enabled phone. -
PERSONALIZED SERVICES AND FRIENDLY ATTENTION:
- We (the owners) spend endless hours on the property and we love to do our best to make sure that your stay will meet all your expectations. We know most of the "out-of-the-beaten-paths" tours, excursions and hidden paradises of the area; feel free to ask for advises and recommendations -
PETS ARE WELCOME:
- We have pets on site: three dogs (a mini pinscher and two "malich"): they work hard as hosts and they love to be petted at any time of the day or the night. Your pets are welcome (at extra cost) if they are well behaved and friendly to other pets and humans. They are NOT allowed to jump on furniture, to be on the bed / to be in the bed -
VISITORS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD:
At Casitas Kinsol, we have had visitors from 69 countries:
Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Basque Country, Belgium, Brazil, Bosnia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Egypt, England, Estonia, Euskadi, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kosovo, La Reunion, Lithuania, Mexico, Mongolia, Monte Negro, Netherlands, New-Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scandinavia, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tahiti, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, ... -
Feel free to look at our web site for more information and photos: you can find it by doing a search with the keyword "Casitas-Kinsol".
Common areas accessible to the guests:
- the yard / garden
- the relaxation area with hammocks.
- the sitting/dining area: if the guests order some food (pizzas, tacos, ... for example) from the surrounding restaurants, the guests are welcome to use the sitting/dining areas. Most of the eateries and restaurants in the neighborhood will have food ‘to-go’/ ‘to-take’.
- the hammocks in the yard.
- the sitting areas in the yard.
- the range, the utensils and the ingredients and food in the common kitchen area. The guests can use the range in the common area only to prepare coffees and teas. NO COOKING or MEAL PREPARATION is allowed in the common kitchen area.
We interact as much as we possibly can with all our guests. When the opportunity arises, we love to go with our guests, on a tour to some local attraction, or, for a drink at a local neighborhood bar or even a snack at a local restaurant. All the proposals to go out are always welcome.
The town of Puerto Morelos is splitted in two parts: the beach area that is the touristic area and the township also known as "La Colonia". The swamp area is 2 miles wide and it divides the town between the port area (touristic area) and the township (the local area). Casitas Kinsol is located in the heart of the neighborhood called "La Colonia", 2 blocks from the main square / park of the township.
Casitas Kinsol is surrounded by many eateries, small restaurants, convenience stores, mini-markets, grocery stands and stores, bakeries, butcher, …, Casitas Kinsol is the perfect location for a full immersion in a Mexican neighborhood. Everything is at walking distance. The food is very inexpensive and very tasty (packed with local flavors). It is safe to walk at any time of the day or the night; and the locals are very friendly. The main park is family oriented: the Fridays and Saturdays nights see many kids and families enjoying a simple life (ice-creams, “churros”, creps, music, …)
Casitas Kinsol is located:
- 2 blocks from the main square / park where the nightlife on the weekends is intense and very local.
- 4 blocks from the long-range bus stop: these buses can either take you North, towards Cancun or South, towards Playa del Carmen, Tulum and the border with Belize. There are plenty of buses (first class buses from the ADO company) or small vans (called "colectivos"); they run from 5:00 am until midnight every day of the year.
- 2 blocks from the local urban buses pick-up.
- 1 block from the local urban buses drop-off.
- 25 minutes from the airport of Cancun.
- 35 minutes from Playa del Carmen and Cancun.
- 1h45 from Tulum.
- 4 hours from Chichen-Itza
- Latitude: 20°51'27.66"N
- Longitude: 86°53'58.38"W
- The beach area is at 2 miles.
- There are many taxis in town. We can call a taxi for you and it will be a the gate of Casitas Kinsol in less than 1 minute. The nearest taxi station is 4 blocks away and the taxis are available 24/7. A taxi to the beach is 25.00 Pesos (around $2.00 US Dollars) per ride.
- Local small buses loops between the beach area and the township until 8:00 pm. Almost every 10 to 15 minutes. 6.00 Pesos (around 50 cents of a Dollar) per person.
- We rent bicycles. 50.00 Pesos (around $4.00 US Dollars) per bicycle for 24 hours.
- We are at 4 blocks from the bus stop: the buses can either take you North towards Cancun or South towards Playa del Carmen and Tulum. There are plenty of buses (first class buses from the ADO company) or small vans (called "colectivos") that run from 5:00 am until midnight every day of the year. They cost less than $3.00 US Dollars per person (one way) to reach either Playa del Carmen or Cancun.
- The airport of Cancun is at 25 minutes (around $7.50 US Dollars per person). And Playa del Carmen and Cancun are at 35 minutes. You can reach Tulum in 1h45.
- We have pets on site: three dogs (a mini pinscher and two "malich"): they work hard as hosts and they love to be petted at any time of the day or the night.
We feel very fortunate that we found and stayed at Casitas Kinsol guest house. It is so original and charming. The feeling is relaxed and open. There are eight guest houses on the property and each is unique and lovely. Christine has definitely put in a lot of work to make this quest house so beautiful. Our host Alain was very helpful in showing us the place and had many suggestions on where and how to get around Puerto Morelos. We appreciated all his help in making our stay wonderful. We would very much like to stay at Casitas Kinsol again on our next trip to the Yucatan.
Ha sido muy lindo quedarme nuevamente en casitas kinsol. Como siempre, Christine y Alain han sido estupendos anfitriones. En particular, la ayuda brindada por Alain en cuanto a horarios de transporte fue invaluable. En resumen, todo excelente!
We stayed our first and our two last nights of our vacation at Casitas Kinsol. It was wonderful, Christine and Allan are the best hosts you can imagine. The hole place is really lovely and decorated with a lot of passion! They showed us their garden, opened a coconut to test for us and gave us good advises about what to do (the botanical garden is worth to visit - spider monkeys!!!) and where to eat! Thank you very much for this amazing experience and say hallo to Taxi, Nena and Tati (the cute dogs)!
This place is a little heaven - far from touristic crowd and close to the beach (short taxi ride), clean, homey and with lots of local charm. We really enjoyed staying at Casitas Kinsol and will surely recommend it if you want an authentic yet charming and comfortable experience on riviera maya.
Casitas Kinsol is a special place! It's whimsical and eclectic in the most beautiful authentic way. The place made me smile soo much when I got there. Alain gave us a tour of the place and each room is unique and charming. The place embodies Christine's artistic personality. They are both wonderful people who gave us great travel tips and took good care. I wish we stayed there longer.
Must rent a car to get here. It's a 5 min drive from the beach in this quaint non-touristy town which is a different experience from the popular spots like Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Tulum.
We never met Christine, but Alain was very accommodating and pleasant. The guesthouse was a little tropical haven with a couple of lovely chill out areas and three beautiful dogs.
Room was fine - great for the price with all the basic amenities. Beach about two miles away in the local town. Had some great Quesadillas just round the corner.
We only stayed one short night at Casitas Kinsol but wish we'd had more time. Our hosts were extremely helpful in assisting us to order an early taxi to the airport and advising on good restaurants to visit.
The space itself is comfortable and beautifully decorated, with lovely furniture and a great open plan communal social area.
I would highly recommend- also very handy if you have an early flight from Cancun Airport (and can't face the horrors of Cancun!) it is 25 mins from airport.
Christine's place is very cozy. We very much enjoyed our stay there and she was very helpful and accommodating.
Our stay at Cassitas Kinsol was wonderful. The place was a 25 pesos taxi ride away from the beach. Allan helped us figure out bus schedules and was very approachable regarding any questions that we had. The neighborhood was friendly and non touristy. Our beds were made every day and the fan was very much appreciated. Very clean and beautiful! There was everything you would need in a kitchen in the common area, including aloe vera and sunblock. A great stay!
Stayed again on our last night in mexico. Cant say enough how much we enjoyed Kinsol. Perfect way to end a perfect trip. Allen was super friendly . Went as a stranger and left as a friend!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.