About this listing
This is the private vacation home of a German/Ghanaian/Japanese family based in Germany. We spend about 4 weeks a year in Ghana and we always love to return to our home. It is very important to us that our accommodation is very clean and comfortable.
Solidly constructed by the State Housing Corporation with the strongest stone chip blocks from African Concrete, hardest wood used in building construction (Odum), etc. Simple and very practical design, very spacious. Fully renovated in recent years, very good finish with lots of fine solid African timber/wood and very well maintained. Very good lighting, with lots of sea breeze due to many windows, position of house and elevated location, and great mountain view (McCarthy Hill). Large established garden with mature trees (Palms, Bougainvilleas, Traveller's Fans, Weeping Willow, Ylang Ylang, etc., and fresh green grass on old Ghana 2 plots of land (large). The house is fully equipped, probably the most well equipped vacation rental that can be found in Accra.
Nice, safe, local residential area, with easy access to taxi, public transport, pharmacy, convenience store, ATM, fast food restaurants, filling station, etc.
Further description below:
Location: 30 minutes straightforward drive Southwards from Kotoka Airport on the new N1 highway, the house is located in the South Odokor Estates, opposite the SSNIT flats. Excellent location for travelers wishing to tour the western region to see the old European forts and castles (Cape Coast, Shama, Takoradi, Axim, etc.). Also, the new West Hills Mall, West Africa's future largest shopping Mall (currently under construction).
The house is 3 min drive (15 mins easy walk) to the Dansoman Roundabout where there are many shops, bank and ATMs, filling station, pharmacies, fast food restaurant, food stalls, etc. 5-7 min to Mallam Junction/intersection which connects to Kotoka Airport via N1 or Western Region. Established, developed and respectable residential area with paved road access. 15-20 minutes to Bojo beach, Kokrobite Beach, etc.
Very safe area, easy access to shops, markets, pharmacy (1 min), petrol/Gas station, convenience stores, fast food, taxi rank, Churches, etc.
Experience Ghana like Ghanaians do, authentically, in a very safe, well established, economically thriving and very lively area from a very pleasant and comfortable home. Why stay in the old traditional expatriate areas? Come and see this house and you will see what a lovely place and location it is in!
House Details: 4 bedrooms-or 3 bedrooms plus spacious office, spacious reception hall with adjacent guest toilet and sink, spacious living/dining room, kitchen with store room, master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, spacious 2nd bathroom and utility area, hot water supply to bathrooms, garage with direct house access, terracotta tiled verandah, back garden terrace, external parking and driveway.
Kitchen: fitted kitchen, gas cooker with oven, LG medium-sized fridge with freezer compartment, various kitchen equipment including microwave, Phillips coffee maker with mill, electric kettle and tea pot with warmer, liquidiser/grater, Bosch kitchen machine, various cooking utensils and pots, cutlery/crockery, multilevel red-wood shelves in kitchen store room. **New full-sized refrigerator (2 metres high) with freezer and full-sized cooker/oven with 5 burners and large oven with fan function, both of German quality will be installed in early 2016 to further enhance kitchen functionality and experience.
Other: LG self-heating washing machine (5kg load), pressing iron and table, laundry rack, laundry spider for large loads, two sets of garden furniture. 5 standing fans, vacuum cleaner, German quality power generators (brand new, 1 large Diesel and 2 spare petrol gensets) and 3000 liter water tank with German water pump to increase water pressure when necessary.
Garden: Large (2 new Ghana plots), established garden with old trees including royal palms, travelers fans, bougainvilleas, hibiscus, ylang ylang, weeping willows and various fruit trees. Fresh green grass.
Security: Extended gates and outside wall with new razor wire installation, night-time security guard. Day time guard available at additional charge.
Cleaning/Maid service: maid service available upon request and extra charge.
*Extra charge for guests more than four, doesn't apply to children under 14 years.
Entire house - it will be like your own home. You will have your privacy. Except for night time security and emergency maintenance personnel, you will be on your own. You will be responsible for security during the day (6 am to 7 pm).
Interaction with Guests
We (the owners) arrange rentals directly with guests and we control on-the-ground service. We are your main contact people for this rental. There are no agents involved. We tightly control access to the house as it is a private vacation home, so you need to arrange viewing through us.
Dansoman SSNIT flats, safe location. South Odorkor estates, a well established local residential area. Dansoman estates is the largest residential estate in all of Africa. See Wikipedia for details.
Taxi rank one minute away. Easy access to shops, markets, beaches, nearby swimming pool, local bars and restaurants.
Other Things to Note
*Fully equipped home, best suited to family's traveling with children, older travelers, etc.;
*various children's toys and games for kids. Most of what we have for our kids will be available to Guests;
*Game table (for children and adults) with multiple games including billiard, football kicker, chess, etc., to be installed in Spring 2016;
*Air Conditioning (Brand New LG) in Halls, office and 2 largest bedrooms.
*The rent includes the cost of mains water and GHC200 worth of ECG units per month, gas for cooking, Vodafone internet units for up to 15 gigabytes for up to 30 days and night-time security;
*Generator fuel costs up to GHC200 per month will be reimbursed to Guest by host in the event of power cuts necessitating use of Generator to power house.
*Tenants need to pay for their telephone calls, additional internet units, additional ECG units per month.
*Airport pickup for up to 4 persons with moderate luggage is available free of charge. If additional vehicle is needed to transport luggage we ask guests to take care of that. Our driver can help find a taxi but you would need to pay the fare.
- Please note the house is a private home (vacation home), which we use ourselves whenever we visit Ghana with our two small children. We are 'not in the business of renting/hoteling'; however since we only visit Ghana for a few weeks each year, we are making it available to visitors so that it is not unoccupied the entire time we are not there. As it is our own (2nd) family home, it is very important to us that Guests use the place responsibly and keep it clean and in a good state of repair.
- The property is rented out as a self-catering property. If required, maid/cleaning service can be arranged at additional cost.
- The Guests shall maintain the premises in a good and clean condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The Guests shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of booked period - that is, being immediately habitable by the next Guests.
- Guests shall use appliances only for their intended uses and in a responsible manner.
-all electrical appliances e.g. pressing iron, tea warmer, power generator, water heater, should be switched off when not required for safety and power saving reasons.
- The property is equipped with a gas cooker/oven. Guests should make sure the cooker/oven/grill are switched off when not required.
- Guests should be careful not to overload power outlets with many appliances.
- No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises.
- Guests are advised not to smoke inside the house.
- The Guests shall vacate the premises at their check out date.
- Guests shall not sublet the property.
- Guests shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. They shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Quiet hour starts at midnight and outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
- The property location is very safe; however, Guests shall see to their own while on/in the property, by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it is prudent to do so.
- The septic system is very effective; however, Guests should take care not to clog up the toilets with improper materials, including feminine products. No paper other than toilet paper should be flushed at any time. If improper use occurs and the toilet(s) are clogged up, there will be a charge for plumbing work to resolve the problem.
- Guests shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc.; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
Details for how to use appliances, garbage disposal, locating cleaning materials are available on-site.