My house is available for your next Northern California getaway. Halfway between San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma wine country, this urban homestead offers unobstructed views of the Napa River and the Bay. It's on a quiet, leafy street in one of the oldest, coolest neighborhoods in historic Vallejo. I know all of my neighbors here, and it is a very friendly, caring neighborhood.
The house is great because:
(1) the mattresses are high quality and very comfortable. They have organic whipped rubber on the inside (instead of coils), topped with a dense layer of wool from organic, Sonoma Valley sheep.
(2) The views from the house are sweet. I have a beautiful deck from which you may enjoy your morning coffee or your evening wine.
(3) The house is clean, uncluttered, and comfortable.
(4) If you like local, organic food, you are in luck. Vallejo has a great Saturday farmers' market. During your stay, you are welcome to produce from my garden. Depending on when you come, there may be strawberries, artichokes, greens, corn, or tomatoes coming in from the backyard. The kitchen is stocked with pots, pans, and the rest of it, so you can cook here too. If you want to collect the eggs from the chickens, you can do that too if you let them out in the morning and put them in at night. (If you don't, I have neighbors who will come take care of the girls.)
I do not interact very much with my guests. I am sometimes present at the house to greet guests and show them around, or I may drop by after work to show you the chickens if you arrive in the middle of the day. But sometimes, I just instruct guests how to get in, and we never even see each other.
I generally leave you alone, but if you need help or have a question, I am available by phone. And I can certainly stop by if you WANT to meet me. :)
Vallejo is a good home base because:
(1) It's an easy 50-minute ferry ride to the Ferry Building in downtown San Francisco or Pier 41/Fisherman's Wharf.
(2) The weather here is the best in the Bay Area: at least 10 degrees warmer than San Francisco at all times, but not as hot as it is further inland.
(3) It's a 15 minute drive to downtown Napa, and a 20 minute drive to the Sonoma town square.
(4) Waterfront Vallejo is a birder's paradise. The San Pablo Bay Wildlife Refuge is right next door, and there's a River Park in front of the house. We are a major stop on the Pacific Flyway. I see red-tailed hawks, kestrels, owls, and peregrine falcons from my backyard, as well as the regular blue jays, robins, and LBJs.
(5) Vallejo is a cool place to explore if you are a history buff. Founded as California's state capital in 1850, Vallejo has several historical museums and the oldest Navy chapel in the Pacific (St. Peter's). Jack London was a member of the Vallejo Yacht Club here.
(6) There are outstanding restaurants to try in the area. In particular, Bull Valley Roadhouse and Michael Warring are perfect for special occasions, and I leave a longer list for all budgets when you arrive.
The ferry terminal is about one mile from the house. The San Francisco Bay Ferry goes to San Francisco Ferry Building every hour or two. There is also a transit center in downtown Vallejo, 1.5 miles away. There, you can catch the 80 bus to the nearest BART station ($5). The 80 bus leaves every 15 minutes during rush hour, every half hour the rest of the time.
There is wireless internet, but there is no TV in the house.
Also, I ask everyone to take their shoes off at the door. I prefer a shoes-off home.
Our stay was great. Really beautiful house, great bed, silence, great backyard, produce, the beautiful hens, the fresh eggs! Everithing was perfect, and the comunication with Amanda as well. Thank you Amanda for such a lovely place :)
We had a great stay at Amanda's lovely home in Vallejo! We enjoyed watching the hens and eating their eggs and the beautiful view of the bay from the deck. The house was very clean and felt open and spacious!
Five of us including my one year old son, had a great stay at Amanda's house. Weather was more comfortable than San francisco and their neighborhood is very quite. I loved antique furniture and artistic interior in the house. We also enjoyed walking to seaside near the house. I would like to stay at Amanda's house again if I have a chance.
Amanda was fantastic and ensured that everything was perfect our stay. The house is beautiful with an incredible view of the water off of the patio. We had fresh eggs from the hens and delicious fresh produce from the garden. This was the perfect location to stay. We were central to wine country and close to the city. We'll be back next year!!
Five of us stayed at this property, 2 adults and 3 children (13, 10, and 3 yrs.). The children loved the garden and the chickens. They enjoyed their morning ritual of letting the "girls" out and picking up the eggs and gathering fresh strawberries and huckleberries. The porch view was beautiful and the beds comfy. We made several trips into San Francisco while we were there-budget at least 50 min. to an hour of time for those trips depending on traffic. All in all, a great stay. Thanks Amanda!
When I found a place to stay in Vallejo, California for our recent trip to San Francisco, my husband wondered why we would stay so far away. It turns out that it's the perfect place to stay! It's a short drive to San Francisco if you like traffic . . . or there is a delightful one hour ferry ride to the city. Two different piers no less! Then, Napa, Sonoma, and Mendocino are only short distances away. Here be wine!
The lovely, beautifully furnished house has a great view of Mare Island and beyond. The kitchen has everything one could want, plus an organic garden in back with lots of good veggies and artichokes!! Being from upstate New York, artichokes on the hoof are like the holy grail. Amanda, the owner, is very personable and seems to have the energy of three people. She works in the vicinity and is always accessible in the unlikely event of any problems.
One of the best parts of our stay was the girls! Seven beautiful hens with their own little house, supplying enough eggs to keep all four of us very happy. Taking care of them was truly one of the highlights of our stay. They're very quiet and cooperative, and easy to care for.
We had a great say in Amanda's charming home and appreciate her willingness to share this gem with others. We would love to stay there again in the future.
This property was as listed (very charming with hens and views) and is close to the ferry for easy access to waterfront San Francisco. It is cozy and the beds are very comfortable. We had everything we needed, directions from Amanda were clear, and she was timely and responsive to requests. The Internet was sporadic but again, Amanda was responsive to trying to rectify the situation. I would definitely recommend this property.
Amanda was an excellent host! She was accommodating, quick to answer any questions, and her house was comfortable and inviting. We enjoyed taking care of the chickens, which was an easier task than anticipated. The house is large enough for 5 guests and the shared space was just right with two bathrooms and plenty of cooking room. After a day at the wineries, we were able to sit on the deck with a bottle of wine and enjoy the sunset. Thanks Amanda!
We had best experience staying at Amanda's place. We could not meet because of our odd timings, but communication was real easy. how was clean, well equipped, huge and views are spectacular. its easy to find. 30 min. away from craziness of downtown and 15 minute away from Napa Valley. There is street parking if you are driving. 5 minutes drive away to Ferry ride to SFO.
Amanda made sure we are comfortable and left clear instructions for everything we needed. I would definitely stay there again.
Amanda's house was charming and spotless, and the kitchen was well-stocked with the necessities. The fresh eggs were a great bonus, and my husband seems to have warmed up to the idea of owning chickens :-) It was a great launching point for our weekend in Sonoma. Thanks, Amanda!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT