Central Berkeley House with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom / 7 blocks from UC Berkeley and Downtown Berkeley / Perfect for short-term rental - No need to pay utilities or for furnishings: everything is included / backyard with grill / wifi / washer-dryer
[Note that longer booking have lower rates. Difficult to put all of those rate ranges into the listing, so please inquiry with your dates to get an exact quote.]
7 blocks from UC Berkeley and Downtown Berkeley (near MLK and Bancroft).
Fully remodeled house - quiet tree lined street - private fenced-in backyard
- 2 bedrooms (2BR) - 1 full bathroom (tiled floor) with tub and shower (1BA).
- High speed broadband internet (both wireless (wifi) and via an Ethernet cable)
- Hard wood floors
- lots of southern light
- new quiet forced air furnace for heat (installed in 2011) (separate WisperWarm heating in bathroom).
- All utilities at no extra cost:
-40" Sony (website hidden) HD TV (with Netflix unlimited streaming subscription included - (email hidden) player on a surround sound stereo system)
-phone service (outgoing calls to all US/Canada numbers - receive all incoming calls)
-all basic utilities as well: electricity, natural gas/heat, water, and trash service.
- Bedding and linens included: all sheets and towels are 100% organic cotton.
- Washer/Dryer (W/D), and Dishwasher
- kitchen equipment (pots and pans, microwave, toaster oven, coffee/espresso maker, blender)
- Bed note: two real beds - if you need a third bed, I have an air mattress I can provide
* 7 blocks from University of California at Berkeley (Cal) campus (15 minute walk - about 3/4 mile).
* 6 blocks from Downtown Berkeley BART station (SF Bay Area train/subway) and all downtown amenities (restaurants, shops, cinemas, banks, library, theaters, buses).
* 25 minute ride on the BART (train/subway) to Downtown San Francisco.
* 4 blocks from large grocery store (supermarket).
* Close to everything, but a very quiet residential neighborhood (parks nearby).
* Cross Streets: Bancroft Way & McGee Ave
* Very easy access to highway I-80.
* 10 minute drive to downtown Oakland or Emeryville.
* One block to Berkeley´s Bike network.
* Walk Score = 88 out of 100 (easy to walk from house to stores, schools, transportation, etc.)
- Environmental considerations:
(1) House is carbon neutral - offsets are purchased every year from TerraPass ((website hidden)) based on energy used at the house.
(2) Only environmentally friendly cleaners are used.
(3) All linens are made with organic cotton.
(4) Green Purchasing Policy in place.
(Note, some longer stays have a reduced rate - please see main McGee House Rental web site by typing "berkeley mcgee house" into a search engine - or inquiry with your dates for exact pricing)
100% exclusive access to the entire house (including backyard) - no sharing of spaces
None unless guests have an issue; I (the owner) live about 10 blocks away, so available for any issues that arise
This neighborhood is highly desirable because it is close to: (a) downtown Berkeley (with tons of amenities such as theaters, restaurants, shops, etc.) and (b) University of California at Berkeley (UCB Cal) campus.
10 minute walk (6 blocks) walk to Downtown Berkeley BART station (SF Bay Area train/subway); and downtown has many buses; also only 2 blocks to walk to University Ave which has many buses.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Minimum Stay:||5 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$1610 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$4930 /month|
|Check In:||4:00 PM|
|Check Out:||10:00 AM|
We stayed at McGee House during September 2013. The house was really comfortable and provided an ideal location for us as we visited our family member in the Alta Bates Hospital. Our host, Mark, was quite kind in allowing us to check in a little earlier and check out slightly later. The house was completely outfitted and gave us an excellent first Airbnb experience. We will definitely try to stay at McGee House again the next time we come to Berkeley.
The house was great and convenient to stay!!
Everything we need was there and we walked to almost all stores and restaurants we wanted to go.
The backyard was pretty, that was our favorite place to have breakfast.
We stayed for 2 weeks and enjoyed staying with no worry.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.