Enjoy your spacious private suite in this large 3 level house. Your suite is on the 1st floor completely separate from my living quarters 2 floors above. The lovely garden patio, toaster-oven, kettle, fridge, dishes are yours to use and enjoy.
• Quiet & cheerful suite in secluded part of the house, so you needn't walk through the house.
• Ensuite private bathroom.
• Walk-out patio garden.
• Queen bed. Single futon available for extra person.
• Mini-fridge, toaster oven, kettle, coffee maker, dishes, coffee, tea, radio with iPhone functionality, soap, shampoo.
• Parking in driveway @ $19 per day. Please reserve when booking.
• flexible check-in/out times when available, please ask.
• washer & dryer
• iron & ironing board
• hair dryer
• maps & books on Toronto
• converter for North American/European electric appliances
Guests may enjoy the secluded garden patio directly from their suite where you may lounge & relax with the flowers.
Interaction with Guests
I understand some guests want complete privacy and others like to engage and chat. I am sensitive to all guests' desires.
I've invited guests to dinner parties & other social events to offer them a unique Toronto experience.
I am always available in person, text, email or phone to provide information, directions or restaurant suggestions.
Downtown - King/Queen Street - on quaint residential street. No other Toronto neighbourhood compares.
The house is less than a 5 minute walk to funky Queen and King Streets, providing many cafe, restaurant, shopping & art gallery choices.
The house is nestled in a quiet residential enclave that provides quick access to the vibrancy around the corner.
• 3 MINUTE WALK TO - Queen & King street, parks, public transport, bike rentals, swimming pool, tennis, vegan and vegetarian restaurants cafes/restaurants/boutiques/galleries.
• 20 MINUTE WALK TO - Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO), waterfront, convention centre, Eaton Centre, Rogers Centre, Chinatown, Kensington market, local theatres, Yonge street, University of Toronto.
Public transport going in all four directions is less than 5 minutes away. Or, most destinations are a short walking distance.
Other Things to Note
Parking in the driveway in front of the house is available @ $19/day. Please reserve in advance.
• Please remove street shoes when entering. I can provide slippers if you wish.
• After showering leave bathroom fan on for a few hours and keep the bathroom door open.
• Please turn off lights when not required.
• Separate glass, metal & paper into the containers. Place food scraps in the small container. I am happy to empty them as often as you like.
• No parties or late-night guests unless approved prior.
• No smoking.
• To operate the push button front door lock; 1) Press code. Lights will flash green. 2) Turn ring that is around keyhole counterclockwise to disengage deadbolt and clockwise to engage deadbolt. 3) Turn door handle to enter.
• I'm very flexible, so if there is something in particular you require, just ask me.
Emil is a very welcoming person, and his place is beautiful and very well located. Emil provided me with useful information regarding restaurants, nice places to visit, etc. He made sure I've got everything I needed, and I really appreciated it.
The room is spacious and very well decorated. The bathroom is spotless. There is a small kitchen corner, which is very handy to prepare your own breakfast and to get some dinner in.
I would strongly recommend Emil's listing and will book this place again in the near future!
Emil was a great host! We had a short but wonderful stay. He was very welcoming and punctual, and the place was as listed! I would definitely recommend staying with Emil.
Emil is an excellent host. Made me feel at home and provided nice atmosphere.
Staying with Emil was an excellent experience across the board -- he was an incredible host and his home was beautiful, relaxing and incredibly clean (maybe the cleanest bathroom I have ever seen in an Airbnb!). He treated us as friends, gave wonderful suggestions for local food and drink, and made our last minute booking simple and accommodating. Emil's place is just a few blocks off of Queen's Street and a walking distance from downtown, Kensington Market and other lovely areas in the city. I would stay at his place again and highly recommend a visit to Emil's for others interested in getting to know Toronto.
This is the second time that I rented the apartment for a visiting chef from the states. Justin and his wife really enjoyed their stay and had nothing but extremely positive things to say about Emil's place.
This was a lovely place to stay. Super comfy bed, and suite was warm and cosy! Emil was wonderfully friendly and helpful in every way.
The suite is delightful and beautifully designed, and location very central. It has no kitchen or cooking facilities but I had a fridge/coffee maker so could enjoy a few drinks / snacks. 100% recommended! Thx for the nice stay Emil.
Emil was wonderful and efficient in communicating and making sure I knew how to get to this place from the bus station.
The location is amazing-it's so close to public transit!
I loved the set-up, it is exactly as pictured and described.
Cozy, warm and inviting. The bathroom was super clean with a great shower. It was amazingly quiet-what a great neighbourhood!
I loved that I could make a cuppa tea, toast my bagel and listen to CBC radio.
I would definitely stay again and highly recommend staying with Emil!
• I'm easy going and try to live my life as stressless as possible. Humour and laughter must be a large part of each day. I enjoy meeting people of all cultures and am happy to socialize with my guests or give total privacy.
• I live healthy, eat well, strive for local & organic food if possible and am involved in my community. I often putter in the garden or throw dinner parties.
• I spent years working as a property master on films and TV series. Later I established and operated a recycling business and later a tourism marketing business. Now I am back in the film business working in front of the camera.
• I am a volunteer teaching English & reading to new Canadians for the past 6 years.
• I've established community gardens in the neighbourhood and this year I started a vegetable and herb garden in my backyard.
• I'm an avid swimmer, tennis player, inline skater, cyclist, walking enthusiast, cook and gardener.
• I have an intimate knowledge of Toronto, it's significant landmarks, cultural neighbourhoods, vibrant restaurant scene, and many wonderful urban secrets. I look forward to sharing my local knowledge with you.