Home away from home! The Shophouse is a renovated apartment-style accomodation in a 100+year old townhouse in George Town.
- Please let me know your arrival/check in and check out times if they are especially early (bef 12pm) or late (after 5pm), for planning ease.
- I also allocate about 30 mins to be on site to check in guests, so do let me know on that day if your flight is delayed or you're gg to make a detour before arriving at the appointed time.
- I also expect to be checking in the person who made the booking, so please inform me beforehand if otherwise.
- Strictly no smoking indoors. I hope guests will appreciate that they are staying in a heritage home - which is made of timber!
- Guests shld be prepared to take out trash (food waste esp) to keep the place clean, separate recyclables and also wash up the plates & utensils they use.
- Airconditioning shldn't be left on when you're out, for no wastage of energy and to maintain its efficacy. Plus you'll notice the heritage house has a natural "cool" effect because of the thick walls and underground water,
- If there are other guests staying on the upper floors, please do observe the system for bolting and barring the traditional wooden front doors, when going in and out!
This host has 128 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I've lived in Malaysia, Singapore, the US, UK and parts of Europe. I'm a writer and have authored a travel book on Malaysia. As a traveller, I believe in a more "authentic" experience and getting a sense of the local way of life. That's why the Airbnb hosting appeals to me.