Matakana Estate Lodge
8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4 baths
A modern architectural wonder, this elevated villa punctuates the natural New Zealand landscape. It’s situated high on a north-facing ridge on the Matakana Coast with uninterrupted panoramic views of the surrounding valleys, sprawling vineyards, and undulating hilltops; sandy shorelines await nearby. Pick up a variety of limited release specialty wines at Heron’s Flight to take back home with you.
You’ll notice the intricate details and bespoke décor as soon as you enter this refined residence. Towering ceilings make room for skyhigh windows to ignite the interior with rays of sunlight while lending a clear line of sight to the backyard’s dense foliage and fruit trees. Why not indulge in the luxury of a private chef who can masterfully whip up a meal in the contemporary kitchen, using fresh vegetables from the abundant garden, to complement a couple of bottles of award-winning Pinot Gris or Chardonnay? To switch things up, try serving dinner in the former cellar for a gourmet experience. The indoor swimming pool is framed by a tiled terrace with plump chaise loungers and armchairs.
An hour from Auckland, spend a day exploring the bustling metropolis and countless outdoor activities; thrill-seekers will be especially keen to experience an edge-walk at the city’s iconic Sky Tower. Tee off on the flawless fairway at Warkworth Golf Club, just a 1-minute drive away from the estate. Markets, galleries, and eateries specializing in creating dishes from the locally-sourced produce can be found at the heart of the region.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Super king size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Walk-in closet, Lounge area
- Bedroom 2: Super king size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Direct access to terrace
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Shared access to hallway bathroom with bedroom 4, Stand-alone shower, Direct access to terrace
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, Shared access to hallway bathroom with bedroom 3, Stand-alone shower
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Swimming pool - heating at extra cost
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 12
- Ice maker
- Exercise equipment
- Cable television
- Iron/Ironing board
- Gas barbecue
- Outdoor living space
- Fire pit
- Parking - 15 spaces
- Alfresco dinning with seating for 8
STAFF & SERVICES
- Meet & greet service
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Airport transfer
- Private chef
- Villa pre-stocking
- Grocery shopping services
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest:
- 1 minute drive to Warkworth Golf Club
- 5 minute drive to Kowhai Park Scenic Res
- 6 minute drive to Lucy Moore Memorial Park
- 10 minute drive to Warkworth Radio Astronomical Observatory
- 10 minute drive to Matakana Village
- 21 km to Goat Island Marine Reserve (scuba diving, snorkelling, & water activities)
- 36 km to Wainui Golf Course
- 62 km to downtown Auckland
- 66 km to Lord Freyberg Statue & Auckland Museum
- 11 km to Brick Bay, Sandspit
- 93 km to Auckland Airport (AKL)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Natural gas barbeque
Warkworth, New Zealand
Auckland International Airport
64 min drive
Points of Interest
Ascension Wine Estate
0 min drive
Warkworth Golf Club
1 min drive
Heron's Flight - Matakana
2 min drive
Warkworth Radio Astronomical Observatory
10 min drive
Have a question about this home?
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 60 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.