Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted community, and it doesn’t go unnoticed!
Lauren, I am not sure my previous note just now got to you but I hope it did. My wife, Anne, and I hope to meet you on the 26th of October. Reese and Anne
Reese has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
+ Reese and Anne couldn't have been nicer or more welcoming! They are very warm, friendly people who communicated with us in a timely manner and answered our questions before our stay.
+ The apartment is attached to their house with a separate entrance that is shielded by shrubbery. We felt like we had our privacy, which was important, yet they were available if we needed anything. The area is quiet and borders some horse/hiking trails. Very short 10 minute drive to the center of Santa Fe. If it had been warmer, we would have enjoyed the patio tables & chairs.
+ The flexible check-out was wonderful. We had a lazy morning making breakfast in the very well-equipped kitchen (pots, pans, dishes, utensils, oven, stove, toaster, hot water pot, etc.), and we felt relaxed since we had agreed on a late check-out.
+ Plenty warm. The kitchen and bathroom have floor heat, which was wonderful in the chilly October morning.
+ More than enough room for two people.
- Our biggest complaint: Not clean enough! We have high standards, but the bare minimum in my opinion is a clean bathroom!! I looked under the toilet seat before I used the bathroom, and it was covered in urine and hair. :( Not just a sprinkle, a lot! This was really discouraging, because even if your place is older or "well-loved", if it's clean, it still feels welcoming. I definitely felt the need to clean the toilet before I used it. Luckily there was some bleach and paper towels handy. The rest of the house was a bit dusty, definitely not spotless. The spots weren't even wiped off the bathroom mirror.
- The place was much more "rustic" than it appeared in the photos. This isn't necessarily bad, but it felt more like a cabin that sits empty during the year and is visited only occasionally by family and friends. Random knickknacks, art, books, etc.
- Despite several attempts, the wireless password provided didn't allow me to access the internet. It wasn't a major issue for us (my spotty Verizon reception was enough), but worth noting.
- There were several wasps and stink bugs inside--we caught and put out at least 3 of each.
- Up the road from stables. I'm allergic to horses, so I had some asthma problems.
Overall, we had a relaxing time and enjoyed our hosts, but we would have been more at ease if the place had been well-cleaned.
The guest house was very well appointed. It's in a great quiet location with trails nearby. We will definitely be back! Thanks Anne & Reese :)