Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted community, and it doesn’t go unnoticed!
We live in Half Moon Bay, Ca. The photo shoot is for our place in beautiful Lake Tahoe, CA. We love hiking, the lake and wine.
House and location were both perfect for a quiet family gathering. Everything was exactly as described, and Vitaly was very friendly and responsive. An unexpected bonus was ease of access to grocery shopping and lovely outdoor recreational venues. Thank you Vitaly for a very memorable Thanksgiving!
My family and I had a wonderful time at Vitaly's home. The house is in a quiet, peaceful neighborhood just a few steps from a beautiful coastal trail and an expansive beach. We had a great time with our sons bouncing on the trampoline in the backyard and enjoying the relaxing vibe of Half Moon Bay. We'd definitely come back.
Loved staying here for a long weekend! The place was luxurious, close walk to the beach, and the weather fully cooperated :). Would definitely stay again!
The Beach House is beautiful and convenient. Vitaly was available for questions and clarification on check in and anything we might need (closeby stores, restaurants, etc). The location to the Beach was perfect and we had an outstanding, relaxing family weekend! Big TV screens for the football fans..lots of sofas for napping and great kitchen for all the eating involved! Thank you! We hope to come back!
- Plenty of space!
- Having indoor and outdoor dining tables was great.
- Check in/out were both easy.
- The walk to the beach was short and convenient.
- Don't forget to bring a coffee pot if you need one.
- Internet generally worked well, but did drop Netflix once or twice.
We had a great time and I would stay here again.
Vitaly was easy to work with - very responsive and accommodating. The location is great and the little Town of Half Moon Bay is as charming as they come, but the house was a bit of a letdown:
The first level hardwood floors were so sticky, I literally walked out of my flip-flop as it stuck to the floor. When brought to Vitaly's attention, he immediately dispatched a cleaning crew to correct it.
The kitchen has these oversize industrial appliances that don't quite work with the space (they appear as if they came from another property) , and an entire cabinet was missing a door.
Bedding was musty - a by product of living by the sea I am sure.
No shower on the upper level for the guest rooms.
The strict conditions about noise, and no ability to enjoy the backyard outside space because of this condition, made the place less hospitable than I would have liked.
Nitpicky? Possibly, but for the almost $700/ night, I admit to having higher expectations.
This house is very large and spacious (2 TV family rooms, a formal living room, balconies off of each bedroom, a huge master suite, large patio and grassy yard). The space was well suited to our party. The best thing about the house is the location - just steps from a trail leading straight to the beach. We loved the quick access to the beautiful coastline. Also, the neighborhood is heavily used for parking by public beach-goers, but Vitaly's house has 3 driveway parking spots so you always have guaranteed parking. This neighborhood is noise sensitive so it's great for groups that are quiet and mellow.
Vitaly is an excellent host. He checked in with us and made sure we had what we needed. Our stay included an unforeseen hiccup and Vitaly was extremely responsive in resolving our concerns. He will make sure your stay is enjoyable and you are happy with the accommodations.
Vitaly was very nice. He was very strict about only 6 people in the house at all times. That was no problem but we would have had a drink on the porch with family if we could have had more people. As it was, we never cooked there. Only slept there.
Great location- able to walk to the beach and not have to worry about trying to find parking on busy weekends. Pictures are accurate. Great house. Vitaly quickly responds to any issues you may have. Would stay again.
- Great location, just a few minutes to the beach in a quiet, safe location
- Carpet upstairs was great, living room furniture was very comfortable
- Bathrooms were modern and recently renovated
- Short drive to multiple grocery stores
- Half Moon Bay is a sleepy little town, so if you're prioritizing relaxation, quiet, cooking at home, and going to the beach, it's a great place.
- Towels and bedding smelled of mildew.
- Kitchen drawers and refrigerator were quite messy
- Children's room did not look the way it does in the pictures
- No closet space, as all of the closets were locked.
- A lot of the rooms were locked, but there were a lot of personal items around (a lot of family photos, toys, personal food items) so it was a confusing experience-- not exactly welcoming/homey, but not exactly like a hotel/guest home either
- We had 6 guests but not enough towels for our length of stay (3 nights). We would have appreciated either advance notice so that we could have known bring our own, or access to the washer/dryer. Or just more towels to have been provided.
- No binder of information (wifi info, location info, procedures/rules for the house, how to use the thermostat, t.v. etc.) as is standard in most airbnbs.
- We had an issue with returning the key on the morning of our checkout, and our host was unreachable by phone.
Overall, it's not as if the place was terrible, but all of these cons could have been clearly explained in the listing in advance and then we would have been able to decide if this was a good fit for us. We had rented multiple airbnbs before, both in the US and abroad, and this one fell short of expectations.