Was born in a country which doesn't exist nowadays - GDR, or East Germany.
Seven years lived in a country which also doesn't exist nowadays - USSR.
Maybe that's why I love places which gives you a feeling they will stay forever :)
After graduating from university in Kiev, Ukraine, moved to Moscow, Russia, began working as a journalist and started travelling actively, using every possibility to fly away :) And since then travelling is my second nature.
I'm crazy about Asia, its people, beaches, sea, food(!), difficult languages (have been learning Japanese for a year). I love Europe because of its history which you can breathe in the air and peculiarity of every location. Great nature in America - rrrright! :)
I travel to feel alive. That's why I walk all the day through the city (or country) and need just a roof over my head for overnight stay. But as I am a girlish girl, I need that roof being above really pretty room - it's a whim on my part :) And I leave the room as clean as it was before me - I was raised with german milk and that kind of cleanliness :)
Talking about milk, I love restaurants and street food - any kind of local food is great! And love learning about the place were I go before the trip. And taking advices - no, seriously!:)
- At the moment my playlist features "Niggas In Paris" by Kanye West & Jay-Z
((website hidden)) and "Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse ((website hidden)), and "Splitting the Atom" by Massive attack ((website hidden)).
- Today I'm finishing reading "Tender is the Night" by Fitzgerald and start George Orwell's "Burmese Days".
- Movies I saw more than twice: "Lost in Translation", "Forrest Gump", "Scoop".
- Favourite food: salad(s) + cake + banana pudding + chocolate :)
- Thing I cannot live without: coffee, ouch!