1. We were not sad, we were just tired since we drove from Orlando to Miami. And what's the problem if we were sad? I don't get it...
2. I did feel disappointed because you told me the washer and dryer were broken, and I think it's reasonable for me to be upset since it's different from the description on airbnb. I already pay the rent for studio with washer and dryer, why am I supposed to pay more for laundry? Actually, I would be ok with that if you let me know the washer and dryer were broken earlier. My point is you didn't let me know in advance, so the description of the studio is not accurate, and our plan needed to be changed because of that.
3. We didn't fight at all. I wondered if the other guest can speak Mandarin, maybe we laughed out loud(?) but we didn't fight, not even once. If we were too loud, you are welcome to tell us, but not say that in the review, especially it's not true. I am willing to talk to the other guest, if he/she is wiling to. I am surprised and confused when I saw your comment.
4. I didn't say I want shampoo or body wash, we brought ours. I don't mind at all you don't have them. I mentioned that in the review just because I want to remind next guest to prepare their own. I didn't complain about it.
5. Water. Both of us experienced the unstable temperature. I didn't know why others didn't mention it, maybe they don't mind. But I didn't lie, I just tried to be honest and described what happened.
6. we started moving out at 11:55, and left at 12:15 pm, not more than a hour. Either you lied or you were confused us with other guests.
7. I saw several white threads and dust under the side table near the bed. That's it. I believed you clean the room after every guest left, yet I did see that. You need to talk to the person who clean the room rather than be so defensive and gave me bad review because I told you the truth.
I truly considered your comment as defamation. But I still do this place is nice and it's a bargain.