Response from Duane:
BEWARE OF AMIR AND HIS WIFE KATERINA! WELCOME THEM INTO YOUR HOME AT YOUR OWN RISK! I will respond to everything Amir and Katerina claimed to have problems with when they were guest at my home. Amir suggested we in some way duped him with our ‘false advertising’. What Amir neglects to mention in his review is that he lived one subway stop away or less than two miles away and he therefore had every opportunity to visit the neighborhood and my apartment specifically BEFORE he CHOSE to book! Clearly Amir made a decision without consulting his wife, did not take responsibility for the choice he made, and wants to pull us into a domestic situation, for which we are not responsible. As a result, we were saddled with two rude and demanding persons. When Amir arrived to collect the keys from my friend Paris, he immediately began his quest for a refund, first with me and then with AIRBNB. This was particularly disturbing, since my previous guest, Sylvia, had requested to extend her stay. I was unable to facilitate her because Amir was a confirmed guest and we were committed to him. He, some how, seems unable to honor his commitments. His wife, Katerina, was consistently demanding, provocative and rude to Paris!
THE FACTS AS DOCUMENTED IN AIRBNB EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE:
• On day one Amir threatened to write a negative review, unless I gave into to his demands to empty three closets in the apartment (for his 30-day stay)…there are four closets in the entire apartment. I advised him that was not possible as this was our home and therefore we had nowhere else to put our clothes. The largest closet in the apartment was emptied for him.
• He called AIRBNB and attempted to alter his 30-day stay to 3 days because of the closet situation; his request was denied.
• Amir claimed the windows didn’t lock and he felt unsafe; Although the windows do lock, each also has child safety bolts on them, so they don’t open beyond 8 inches, therefore no human could physically get in through the window. This was explained to Amir but this was not satisfactory so we paid a professional to double-check the windows to satisfy them.
• Amir said we falsely advertised the unit as having a washer dryer in the apt. No such claim was made, as there are washers/dryers in the basement. We supply quarters as a courtesy to all our guests, (a courtesy which Amir could have read in previous reviews if he took the time to be thorough), but this courtesy offended him.
• Amir decided to make more unreasonable requests, even demanding the removal of all three windowed A/C units.
• We knew Amir misrepresented his situation, when he, having claimed to put his stuff in storage, showed up with six large suitcases, many boxes and a bongo drum.
• Not surprisingly he did not clean his filth, left my home a complete mess.