I am retired and live in Burien WA with my life partner Anita of over 21 years.
Monty and Annette are delightful and adorable! Great guests. Recommend and hope they return!
Monty was an exemplary guest. He was neat, clean and respectful. He also gave me some of his wonderful garlic. I recommend Monty for other airbnb hosts as a guest.
Monty and Anita were great guests and very nice people. I would definitely recommend them to other airBNB hosts.
In response to the semi negative comment left about the house and an explanation about what they really did.
1) This person was difficult the entire time. We would NEVER host for them again. He was not honest about the reservation or the amount of people. They then wanted to shorten their stay and after talking to the owner (Whom is very flexible) allowed them to get a full refund even though the policy is that you have to give a weeks notice and you still only get half back they received the full amount. Monty complaining about being charge and cancelled and refunded is a bunch of bs for lack of a better word. In order to change the reservation we had to do it that way to give him the full refund that is was not entitled to based on how AIRBNB does things. If that was hard or confusing that’s on them not us. Had he cancelled the entire reservation because we would not refund one day (which we did although by policy didn’t have to) he would have lost half of the full reservation and then had to pay to stay somewhere else. We are very fair and resent that he would implicate otherwise. Monty did not cancel the last of his 4 nights he requested that we allow him to be refunded and there is a difference had he just cancelled with our policy he would only have gotten half of the money for that night back. We allowed Airbnb to refund the entire thing.
2) They were asking if they could have a break in the price from the very first message so when they booked with the wrong number of people to save even more money it was only natural for us to think they were trying to pull something.
3) The refund of the last night was only allowed to be giving to him by US not airbnb. They were going to charge him half of the cost of the last night per the listing policy so the full refund was giving by order of us. So he is confused all the parts he didn’t like or found confusing was airbnbs policy on how to change, alter, refund reservations. All we did was give airbnb permission to refund the money what hoops they made him jump thru is not in any control of ours.
4) Closets it’s a 3 bedroom house the owner lives in alone – she has 10 foot closets in her bedroom and dresses in the spare room and books on shelves in the other spare room--- I am not sure how much they brought but that should be plenty of room. She is one person she doesn’t have that much stuff.
5) The fridge is ONLY ever left with drinks in the drawers, condiments, and a brita filter pitcher and it’s a full sized fridge. They only say there was not enough room because they were mad that they were told not to drink the drinks in the drawers. (Like stated before only 1 person lives here she as far as I have seen has never even left eggs in the fridge and she eats out every night when she is even in town which is rare)
6) They broke a wine glass, crashed the computer, and broke a door jam. None was charged from the deposit because that’s the type of owner she is. She figures it’s the cost of doing business and is not going to haggle about. This owner is reasonable and fair. The people before broke a glass as well and she didn’t charge them. Her attitude is as long as the house is in good condition all is well.
7) They also…. for I don’t know what reason were going thru her personal/private folders on her computer. There is a Sony Vaio for the use of anyone and in there she keeps 1 folder of all her personal stuff hidden in another folder. Considering its not on the desktop and is hidden I’m not sure what they were doing going thru her folders on her computer to find things that they did then tell me to tell her she should look the computer. Because of pictures. That was a complete invasion of privacy and she feels totally violated. The computer is there for internet use, word processing etc whatever else you may need but at no time did she/us ever think that guests would be snooping thru hidden folders or even folders in general on her computer.
8) These were the second to worst dishonest guest we have ever encountered and we would NEVER recommend them or have them back.
9) They washed clothes in the washer and dryer with gum in or on them and got chewing gum all over the inside of the machine.
10) They re arranged things all over the house candles, trash cans etc because of the toddler thay had which was fine but would have been nice if they put them back.
11) They also tried to unannounced check in 3 hours early when the cleaners still had the keys and were mad that they had to wait 20 min for someone to drop them off. I was appalled that they were mad they had to wait 20 min considering we were trying to check in 3 hours early without telling us.
12) All in all after they moved things broke things and tried to not pay the proper amount the owner was just glad to have them out.
Monty & Nita were wonderful guest. I would recommend them to anyone.
Monty was a wonderful guest. We thoroughly enjoyed his company and we appreciate how easily he joined in and was immediately settled in our home. We would welcome Monty again any time in the future.