My wife and I have 2 daughters who go to school in East Hampton. My wife is a Social Worker and I work for a non profit that works to educate the public on renewable energy issues. We love being outdoors and anything involving the ocean.
Barnaby's place is super cozy and in a very quiet neighborhood, it's perfect if you're looking for a relaxing weekend out it the city. He was very responsive and overall a very good host. I would recommend his place for the ones looking for a refreshing weekend at the beach.
Great place for a weekend away from the city! Barnaby was extremely resourceful and was helpful when we had questions about the area we were exploring. Met the neighbors and they were lovely as well. The bay is great to canoe and just relax. I recommend this place to anybody who wants something relaxing and want to stay in a quiet, quaint and woodsy neighborhood.
I stayed at Barnaby's with three friends at the end of August. We are teachers and we were looking to getaway a few days before school starts. We chose to stay at this place because the location is phenomenal. It is a one minute walk to the bay/beach. The house/cottage is really cute and homey. The outdoor shower was pretty awesome too (just beware it only stays hot for about 15 minutes!). The place has pretty much everything you need except for a few minor kitchen tools/appliances. There is a coffee maker in the kitchen now though! All in all, if you are looking for a place to stay for a few days its a very good deal. Barnaby is very trustworthy and happy to help at any time.
We spent two nights at Barnaby's house in East Hampton for a last-minute getaway. There were definitely pros and cons to the place.
- Barnaby is really nice and responsive.
- He let us check in a little early and leave a little late.
- The house is two blocks from a lovely bay beach
- The beds are comfortable, and so are the linens
- There is a decent outdoor shower
- There are three bedrooms--good for a family.
- The neighborhood is very quiet.
- The kitchen run-down, not as nice as in the photos. When we stayed there the dishwasher was out of order and most of the lightbulbs were out, so it was dark and a little unpleasant.
- The house lacks some basic amenities--like a coffee maker, dish towels and a complete silverware set. We texted Barnaby about grilling tools and oven mitts, and he did run some over.
- The house was pretty clean, but there were moldy strawberries in the fridge, the floors were a little dusty and the couch kind of smelled dog-y. Some people wouldn't mind, but I definitely noticed it.