Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
I Love traveling and also living in one of the most fantastic spot on earth, French Riviera !
Roberta has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
The reservation was canceled the day before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The reservation was canceled 77 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The reservation was canceled 6 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
We have spent 12 nights in this appartment and the experience is very positive.
Among advantages I'd like to mention great location: it is just 5 mins walk from the beach and 10 mins from the old center of Menton. France Palace is a rather modern well-maintained apartment house, all neighbours are very friendly and quiet. There is all necessary equipment in the kitchenette, which works well. As a bonus you will find sun umbrella, beach chairs and straw mats in the locker on the balcony. Bun away, there is a great spacious balcony, where you can dine and then sit in the evening with a glass of wine. Parking place in the underground garage is also a great advantage.
There are only 2 disadvantages: no free Internet (solved by going to the tourist office, where is free Wi-Fi) and noisy Eduard VII street (sleeping with earplugs).
Roberta carefully listens to all requests of her guests. First several days the toilet was leaking, so Roberta did her best to solve the problem as soon as possible by inviting plumber. When we arrived, there were no hangars in the wardrobe,no toilet paper and no tablets for washing mashine - so Roberta provided us with all that staff in the same day.
I think that when we come back to Menton, we will stay in this appartment again!
Soggiorno perfetto, alloggio comodissimo e splendidamente ubicato sul mare ma non lontano dai servizi. Host gentile e disponibile.
The reservation was canceled 12 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
We had a wonderful stay. Everything is within walking distance. We only had to cross the street and the beach was right there! The apartment was clean and comfortable. The only problem was- no TV or microwave.(they were broken). We will definitely return!
We stayed in the Menton apartment with private garden 4 nights.The apartment is in a great location just meters from the beach. The unit itself is a good size, big bathroom and bedroom that easily opens to the yard. Unfortunately the building has two schools on either side, very noisy throughout the day so we were unable to read and relax outside. The couch inside is full of animal hair (it is stated pets are allowed) and had an odour. The couch cover was unclean so we covered it with a sheet so we could have a place to sit and relax. The description of a fully equipped kitchen was for us misleading as there was no kettle, bottle opener or a plug for the sink to facilitate washing dishes (no dishwasher). The 3 curtains fell off the wall when we opened/closed them. We have stayed in other apartments on the Riveria such as Nice where we have had some wonderful places to stay for a similar price. In comparison we were disappointed with the lack of attention to detail and consideration for guests and we didn’t feel it was good value for what we paid.
We stayed for 12 days at this property during mid June.
The positive things were:
- the host family who lived next door. They were extremely friendly and accommodating to all of our needs and requests.
Of the place itself, we really enjoyed:
- the outdoor area, with the courtyard and pool, which were very private and relaxing.
- the open living and kitchen areas are quite spacious and fresh.
- the 2 bathrooms are quite newly renovated.
- the BBQ
- the washing machine.
The things which could use improving are:
- the air conditioning, particularly in the downstairs bedrooms this is needed in summer
- no fly-wire screens on the doors and windows. So we were unable to leave the doors open in the evenings, as this attracted a great deal of mosquitos.
- the TV is extremely small - about the size of a 15 inch laptop.
- there are very few matching cutlery, plates, glasses etc.
- the pool requires a more suitable cover to stop all the leaves and dirt entering the water.
- the bedrooms are very small and seemed to be quite damp.
- if you have a child with a pram, it is not really a child friendly apartment, as there are very steep and narrow stairs to enter the property.
- the location is a bit far to the city centre for our liking. It is about a 30 minute walk.
But in summary, we had an enjoyable vacation and were pleased with the property and the price. We just felt with some small improvements, it could have been a lot more comfortable. Once again, our stay was dramatically improved by how generous and gracious the host family was. For this reason, we will look back upon our trip very fondly and consider returning for a future visit.
Bellissimo complesso residenziale
Un po' fuori mano ma nel complesso