Thankyou for liking the wide window view.
We will certainly do our best to accommodate your suggestion.
Looking forward to see you again for a comfortable time at our place.
Appreciate some of your kind words. However, in interest of not misleading guests, please note the following:
- Refer back to your emails / messages on Airbnb, we had clearly mentioned that we are a retired couple offering our flat. You have through the exchanges referred to us as 'Dear Kiran and Manjeet'. If you still thought you were speaking to a single person, let us explicitly say again, that we are couple that work together and interchangeably reply to emails.
- We had explicitly mentioned in the message, and I am quoting the email, 'My husband Manjeet will pick you up from the airport'.
- We, also told you through a written email that a local pre-paid taxi will be cheaper. We do not operate a transport company and merely offer this service as a convenience to our guests. You were under no obligation to use these services.
- On the 'swing-set', please refer to the description of the property, it is available on the terrace and not in the attached balcony. You had access to the terrace and were welcome to use the swing set whenever you wanted.
- The shower had showed some glitch when you were here and we offered to get it fixed asap. You did not want to get the same fixed in your presence. If you had mentioned the mattress, we would have attempted to get it fixed too. Most guests enjoy the 'softness' of the bed, the spring that was sticking out has long since been fixed.
- More importantly, you were informed a month in advance of your arrival that we will be joined by our daughter and her two dogs. This also reflects on our profile now. This was due to unavoidable circumstances, however we gave you enough time to cancel your reservation with us if you had any concerns. But, you replied saying that you would love to meet our daughter and since you have grown up with dogs, you are quite fond of them. Your boyfriend is also ok with dogs as long as they don't jump up on him. Our dogs maintained a healthy distance from you and never attempted to jump either one. Yes, the dogs and the cat are rescues, but not one of our guests have ever had a problem with them. I do take your suggestion and in addition to mentioning on our profile that we have two dogs and a cat, we will be explicit and say that if you dislike animals, please look for another accommodation.
- The incident with our daughter's laptop was an accident, as much due to her own carelessness. But neither our daughter nor the cat had access to your room.
- In our emails to you, we were clear that we are open to our guests joining us for meal times to share whatever we eat on a daily basis. We often eat non-vegetarian food with dairy products, which were not suited to your Vegan needs. We did not alter our meals to suit your needs, but that was not part of the offer anyway. Additionally, we do not recall a single time that you offered us your cooking. As for eating outside, we prefer eating at home and so does our daughter. However, we did not alter our meal times to suit your travel plans and perhaps that's why we never saw each other at meal times.
- We do enjoy socially spending time with our guests that we connect with. Manjeet has spent time doing yoga with other guests, however this is not a 'service' and we do not claim so on our profile either.
- Lastly, a simple (website hidden) search will show you that the closet beach is about 700 meters from our place, half of that by the shortcut we showed you. Panjim is 3.8 kms from our place. It takes us 25 minutes on foot.
Our advice to you, please recognize that this platform offers homes that has been opened up to guests. We do not run hotels and do not offer personnel to be present at your beck and call at all times.
Thank you for giving us a pleasure of hosting you. A very special thanks for a wonderful gift left in the room for our kitty & a grand thank you for an honest suggestion that will be taken care off today only.
Awaiting you to visit us soon to check the same.
God bless you
It has been a lovely time with you & we are glad that you have extended 4days more whereas initially you had only 2days of booking that was too little of time for anything. Wish you all the very best to have alovely time @ Kochi:)