Soy de Barcelona y viajera.
Joana was very helpful during my stay. The apartment is exactly as you see it in the photographs, it has a lot of natural light during the day which is really rare in apartments like this one in Barcelona. Its located just a few minutes walking from Paseo de Gracia and there are plenty of restaurants nearby.
Просторная удобная квартира в тихом месте недалеко от центра, доброжелательная приятная хозяйка. Надеемся приехать ещё раз. Spacious comfortable apartment in a quiet location close to the center, friendly pleasant hostess. We hope to come again.
Me and my boyfriend stayed in Joana's apartment from September 17th, 2013 to September 25th, 2013. I will divide this review into 5 sections. Those are host, location, apartment in general, bathroom and price.
1. Host: Joana is good host. When we arrived from airport to Pl. Catlunya we had to contact her. She gave us instructions how to get to the apartment. I have to say that those instructions were poor (because she said take bus no. 24 and get off in station before Pg. de Gràcia). I mean how we could know which one is it… When we finally get to the station we had to ask people how to get to the exact address. On the bright side she didn't disturbed us at all and she was in the apartment on time at check in and on the check out.
2. Location: Apartment is well located. Just 5 minutes bus ride from city centre. Down side is that you have to walk 15 minutes to it because it is not in the main street with bus stop in front of it.
3. Apartment in general: It is nice, cosy and big enough for 2 persons. Just like it is show in the pictures it is one big room (kitchen, dining room and bedroom) with separated bathroom and small terrace with plants and stuff. It is separated from the main building because it is actually an adjusted commercial space on the ground floor.
4. Bathroom: The worst part of the apartment. It has two big problems. First one is that the shower is not high enough. It is like 180 centimetres high so my boyfriend couldn’t shower comfortably. And the second is toilet. Flushing is very poor and you have to wait for like 5 minutes to refill.
5. Price: The best in this apartment. If you compare it to other Barcelona apartments it is cheap.
Other stuff: Joana provides us with only 2 towels, 1 dishtowel and 1 bedclothes for our 9 days stay. I know that you may now say that we should bring our own. We planed to bring it but we also asked Joana via internet will she provide us with it. She said apartment is fully equipped no need to worry. Not quite I say!
Final score: 3/5 (good but far away from best).
Perfect! Just perfect! The place is very nice, and especially the neighboorhood that is authentic but also quiet. We had a really good experience and Joana is a very sweet host that will give you some special tips and advices to visit the real Barcelona! The apartment is cosy and 5 min by walk to the subway and to "passeig de Gracia".
Response from Joana:
Merci Sarah! J'apprecie vos conseils. La prochaine fois tout sera encore plus parfait! Au revoir, j'espère.
Simple pero cómodo loft en el centro de Gracia. Bien comunicado y con todo lo necesario a proximidad. Hemos pasado una semana muy agradable !
As the title describes, the apartment is in the middle of Grácia, close to all of the squares. It is a safe lockable apartment with shuttered doors. The apartment is a large 50m2, there was plenty of room, there was basic simple cooking equipment, but Gracia has many cheap eats. The only minus perhaps was the height of the bathroom shower but then I am very tall.
We were greeted at the apartment and there was water and cava in the fridge. This was a nice touch as we had been travelling for hours! I would definitely stay here again.
Great and authentic neighborhood in Gracia.
Response from Joana:
Merci Tamara. J'ai apprecie tes conseils.