부산 광안리로 오세요
Pros: Jinwook answered all questions and helped me find the place of stay. He helped by giving exact directions to our taxi driver. The location of the room is close to the beach.
Cons: The room is hard to find. Upon arrival, the room, bathroom, and sheets were not clean. I didn't want to shower after entering the bathroom. There were cigarette buds in a cup and an empty water bottle left behind. Towels, shampoo, conditioner and soap are not provided.
Response from JinWook:
I would like to say sorry.
My father was in the room we went to the bathroom and sleeping in the day.
I will avoid these things in the future.
I'm so sorry.
I am sorry I was too busy to write a review.
1. His profile picture is tricky. The owner is a man, not a girl as the profile picture shows. I tried to call "her" before my trip, but he did not answer (although I got in touch with him the time I arrived). But as a girl alone in Busan, I would rather choose a female host if I knew my host is a "he";
2. He did not greet me. This is true. But I do not complain on his absence. He did not communicate since my first night. He did not care if I found the place or if I was safe as a foreigner who speak no Korean at all.
3. The toilet was clotted the night I arrived. I did not know if it was because I threw two pieces of toilet paper (as provided there) in it. But I un-clotted it and clean it on my own. And I assumed Korean did not have the habit throwing toilet paper in toilet so I followed.
4. The towel at the bathroom door was there when I arrived. Because there was no rug at the bathroom, and I thought the owner took a convenience to let his dwellers use a towel as a rug. I did not complain that but I do not allow him to attack me on that.
5. The room is not clean. Dust everywhere (not too heavy, but still dust), rice cooker unwashed (euw!), stove uncleaned (it was not too bad, so I just used and left it that way), filter in the wash-machine stunk! The filter was like never got cleaned with heavy deposit. So the first night of my staying there, I dusted the room, wipe the tables, washed the cooker, washed some of the sheets, clean the wash-machine filter, plus the toilet thing all by my own. And I washed extra sheets for the next airbnber the following day (I put them in the drawer). I left my shampoo and conditioner to the next airbnber, and I took away all my trash when I left.
6. The owner judged me by things I did not do, and he was racist on my by his review. Before I saw his review, I was going to take those negative side to myself, and regard them as the cost of the low price. But I cannot let him attack me anymore. I could not help to doubt he was racist at the beginning and left the room dirty on purpose.
We had a nice stay. The location is good. Close to the beach as well as many restaurants, bars and the market. The apartment had everything we needed. Sleeping ob the floor was actually comfortable. Even though we are not used to it.
오랜만에 한국을 방문하며 처음으로 이용한 숙소입니다.
광안리 해안가 초입에 위치한 민락회타운 건물이 걸어서 5분 밖에 걸리지 않아서, 광안리와 해운대로 이동할 경우 매우 편리합니다.
도착했을 때가 유난히 더웠던 추석연휴였는데, 선풍기와 에어콘이 있어서 필요할 때마다 번갈아 가며 잘 사용했네요.
취사 도구도 잘 갖추어져 있고, 화장실도 사용하기 좋습니다.
Response from JinWook:
좋은 후기 감가드립니다.
Great communication, good price and no hassle. and even helped with suggestions of where to check out in the area!
I appreciated being at JinWood's place for four days. The appartment is small but practical. The area is quiet and all-Korean. The Gwangalli Beach (email hidden) indeed and on the way to it, you cross a nice little market. I especially liked the fish market facing the bridge, where people have picnic in the evening.
As someone mentioned earlier, the appartment is difficult to find. Be sure you located it on the map before coming and bring a (website hidden) map outprint with JinWood's drawing on it. Once you find it, everything works fine.
Jim and his wife were wonderful hosts and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and at home in their Korean style apartment.
We made the mistake of booking the wrong date for our stay, however Jin was very accommodating and helpful after we had arrived unexpectedly and changed the booking which added an extra star to this host, highly recommended.
My wife and I had an excellent time in this fully equipped traditional apartment which is really close to the beach. Worth stressing that the shortest way to the beach leads you through a little street market that has most of what you might want to purchase and there is also a decent sized supermarket (XII Mart) on the way, which has everything else.
Mijin, Jin Wook's wife, waited for us in the apartment with some very nice gifts (cold water, juice ...) and she showed us everything in a very friendly and polite welcoming manner. In short, if we ever make it to Busan again, we will definitely stay there.
One minor issue: The appartment was somehow not that easy to find with our European GPS and no Korean language skills. I recommend you search for Gampo-ro 12beon-gil number 33, which is the house just opposite the four storey block in which you easily find your apartment on the third floor.