Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted community, and it doesn’t go unnoticed!
Gene has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
The host canceled this reservation 31 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The host canceled this reservation 16 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The host canceled this reservation 14 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The reservation was canceled 28 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
My experience with Gene and using his apartment couldn't be easier. He was so accommodating when it came to organising key delivery and stop off. He was very contactable. Would happily stay again next time in NYC.
Un perfecto apartamento para nuestra primera visita a NYC, el apartamento está muy bien situado y perfectamente comunicado con el metro, con varias estaciones y lineas cerca.
El apartamento también es muy tranquilo ya que la habitación no da a la calle y tampoco hay ruido de los vecinos.
No conocimos a Gene personalmente, pero un amigo suyo nos esperaba en el apartamento para darnos las llaves, para salir dejamos sin problema las llaves una lavanderia que Gene nos habia indicado.
Tuvimos problemas con la TV y con internet que funcionaba a medias, Gene intentó solucionarlo a distancia pero no fue posible. Entiendo que fue un problema puntual ya que no había leído nada acerca de esto. Gene se interesó cada dia por si funcionaba, pero al final fue que no.
A pesar de esto, es una muy buena opción para cuando volvamos a NYC.
Overall experience more than exceeded our expectations. Thank you Gene for hosting and making our stay in New York for the 10days comfortable.
Abt Gene's place:
1. On ground floor hence no need to walk up/down with heavy luggages.
2. No in-house washing/drying machines but self service laundry shops are 2/3 minutes walk away. One on 2nd avenue opens from 7.30am and close late at 9-ish.
3. Food Emporium under the car ramp on 1st avenue, well stocked supermarket with fresh greens, cold cuts, milk, cooked food, anything one needs to make home stay great.
4. Quiet apartment generally and safe street but some occasional noise from passing by neighbours.
5. Good connectivity from nearest metro station 3rd Avenue 59 Lexington Street (lines 4,5,6,N,Q,R).
6. Easy access from JFK airport (give yourself one hour). We took Airporter bus (US$16 per person) one way from JFK airport to 42nd Street Grand Central Station which connects well within Manhatten.
7. Back to Gene's place, there are cutleries, glasses, pots and pans indoor, apartment has sufficient light from hall which opens out to main 61 street facing.
8. Clean toilet and constant hot water in shower (perfect for the cold winter stay).
9. Clean bed linens all ready on check in.
10. Wifi provided in house.
11. Most important point - Easy going and responsive host Gene!
Thank you again and will love to visit NYC again and Gene's place will be my first choice for the next visit.
Gene est un hôte super. Très disponible durant notre séjour, il a su répondre à toutes nos questions sur whatsapp. L'appartement est idéalement situé, à a peine quelques rues de central park et d'une station de métro, de petits commerce et de réstaurants, a quelques arrets de timasquare. Très fonctionnel, nous étions trois et nous étions à l'aise car il dispose d'une chambre séparée. Je recommande cet endroit pour visiter New York.
Perfect host, very gently. The apartment was clean, and very well located. The neighbourhood was quiet. Sincerely a great place to stay in New York
Gene is the second time I visit my home and confirmed my previous opinion, it is an endearing, very polite and courteous person, my house is always open for him.
Gene Brosius, I am delighted to have met and taken home as a guest. Gene is a very polite, correct and very clean person, has been very pleasant and easy to live with Gene, absolutely recommended, will be happy to welcome you back if you return to Madrid and thanks to airbnb, for their trust and absolute surrender and interest to everything right for both parties. chus
Gene stayed at my house, he´s a really nice guy, a great guest. Thank´s for leaving the place so nice and tidy!
Gene is very trustworthy and reliable. His apartment is located in one of the best locations in Manhattan, in walking distance from the Central Park, and many landmark shopping centers shopping like Bloomingdales. Gene's apartment is super cozy and very clean, it makes you feel like you at home. It features wi-fi internet and kitchen with all the necessary appliances. I would definitly recommend his apartment for a stay in New York.
I have the pleasure of knowing Gene already for years and I can say he is a very friendly and considerate person. He is very helpful to the people in his life and he is very organised in his doings. I have enjoyed his good company in both continents and can say he is very open and friendly person to be friends with!
I have had also the pleasure of staying in his NYC apartment for a week and I fully enjoyed it. The apartment is very nice and well-kept with a very central location. Gene me and my friend very good recommendations for exploring the city and we had a very good NYC-experience. As he is often away from NYC himself then you have to consider that he will not be able to give the key to you personally but he has a good network of people who help him to deal with the keys and other things and the effort is worth the nice place to stay for a very good price.